Fix serial number (solved) Only for Asus Max M2 (X01AD)

Search This thread

barindra75@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016
Many people has reported that, serial number changed to CTA4A0000000 after flashing in QPST, fastboot rom.
Here is the solution for you.

Caution::
This method is only to re-fix own device's serial no.
I am not responsible for illegal use/bricked device.
Use it on your own risk.

Do step wise,
U need a windows PC
1. Download the zip, unzip it.
2.there is a file named persist_MaxM2.img, you need to edit it.
3. to edit the persist image file you need hex editor, if u have it pre-installed go to next step or install it given hw_680.exe
4. Open hex editor, open that persist_MaxM2.img file in hex editor.
5. Click on edit tab in hex editor-->goto-->hex address 00E02020, your cursor will be taken to that address. see image
6. In the erxisting file serial no ""123456789ABCDEF0"" is given which is an arbitrary common number, replace this with your own serial no provided in your product package/shipping details.
7. save the file in hex editor, close hex editor.
8. Now its time to flash it in phone.
9. you need to have fastboot driver installed in your pc, google it, your device need to be detected as fastboot devices in PC during flash.
10. put the phone in fastboot mode, connect it to PC.
11. Run the Fl;ash_To_Rectify_Serial.cmd file (simply double click on it. it will take 6 sec to complete then window will wait for 10 more sec before it vanish).
11. your device will get rebooted, Need not to be worried, data will NOT be erased.
12. If you were using custom ROM, then you need to unlock the boot-loader before you start to android.
13. Connect device in fastboot again, Simply run unlock.cmd in the same folder, data will NOT be erased again.
14 wait for device to restart in android.
Voila...you got your new serial no.

Last edited:

barindra75@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016

Attachments

• persist_hex.png
    persist_hex.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,145

pinket

Sep 3, 2017
Confirmed it works

I like to confirm that it works.

After bringing my phone back from the dead, serial was 111111111, not good.

Your method put my official serial back.

Thanks so much!

Now I only have to get rid of encryption, so I can use twrp for backups.

Greetings,

Mike

tiagopraz

Feb 3, 2020
Serial number

Please, I need help with this case. My Zenfone ZE554KL phone has the serial number CTA4A0000000 in status. When I use the adb devices or fastboot devices commands, the number that appears is 111111111. This happened after I made a recovery using QFIL. I used the hex editor indicated but I didn't find the serial number in the persist.img file.

barindra75@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016
Please, I need help with this case. My Zenfone ZE554KL phone has the serial number CTA4A0000000 in status. When I use the adb devices or fastboot devices commands, the number that appears is 111111111. This happened after I made a recovery using QFIL. I used the hex editor indicated but I didn't find the serial number in the persist.img file.
Your device model is different... So the address will be different. You have to find it out.

murasio3

Mar 23, 2018
Hi i have an asus rog phone zs600kl i have the same problem i was flash with qfil the stock rom of this phone afther flash me serial has chanced to c4atas000000 and i also cant find that serial on hxd editor i need help i cant also not unlock bootloader do i need unlocked bootloader voor this files to restore me serial back with persist.img file or not unlocked bootloader how i can find the serial of c4atas000000 with hxd editor need help bro

barindra75@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016
Hi i have an asus rog phone zs600kl i have the same problem i was flash with qfil the stock rom of this phone afther flash me serial has chanced to c4atas000000 and i also cant find that serial on hxd editor i need help i cant also not unlock bootloader do i need unlocked bootloader voor this files to restore me serial back with persist.img file or not unlocked bootloader how i can find the serial of c4atas000000 with hxd editor need help bro
Unlock bootloader will b required to change persist.img
If you want more help.. PM me

banggaryo

Apr 29, 2020
I have exactly the same case, but in different model, mine is zenfone max pro m2 (X01BDA).
I need your help, since the SN changed it does have mobile connection issue and can't connect wifi in long range.
Thanks before.

murasio3

Mar 23, 2018
i cant unlock bootloader the asus unlock tool application doenst not works more voor me shows an error networks becouse me serial has be chanced to c4atas000000

vaseemakram1

Sep 5, 2020
Asus Zenfone Max M2
##Help

Dear sir i am unable to flash modded presis_MAXM2.img in my asus zenfone Max M2 via fastboot.

Problem -
After reboot to fastboot mode adb commands are not Working for example i use "adb devices" in result no devices are found means by device not detected.

But in power on at homescreen adb interface are fully Working expamle "adb devices" in result shows me serial no (which is wrong)

But i am unable to flash img file

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many people has reported that, serial number changed to CTA4A0000000 after flashing in QPST, fastboot rom.
    Here is the solution for you.

Caution::
    This method is only to re-fix own device's serial no.
    I am not responsible for illegal use/bricked device.
    Use it on your own risk.

Do step wise,
    U need a windows PC
    1. Download the zip, unzip it.
    2.there is a file named persist_MaxM2.img, you need to edit it.
    3. to edit the persist image file you need hex editor, if u have it pre-installed go to next step or install it given hw_680.exe
    4. Open hex editor, open that persist_MaxM2.img file in hex editor.
    5. Click on edit tab in hex editor-->goto-->hex address 00E02020, your cursor will be taken to that address. see image
    6. In the erxisting file serial no ""123456789ABCDEF0"" is given which is an arbitrary common number, replace this with your own serial no provided in your product package/shipping details.
    7. save the file in hex editor, close hex editor.
    8. Now its time to flash it in phone.
    9. you need to have fastboot driver installed in your pc, google it, your device need to be detected as fastboot devices in PC during flash.
    10. put the phone in fastboot mode, connect it to PC.
    11. Run the Fl;ash_To_Rectify_Serial.cmd file (simply double click on it. it will take 6 sec to complete then window will wait for 10 more sec before it vanish).
    11. your device will get rebooted, Need not to be worried, data will NOT be erased.
    12. If you were using custom ROM, then you need to unlock the boot-loader before you start to android.
    13. Connect device in fastboot again, Simply run unlock.cmd in the same folder, data will NOT be erased again.
    14 wait for device to restart in android.
    Voila...you got your new serial no.
    I have exactly the same case, but in different model, mine is zenfone max pro m2 (X01BDA).
    I need your help, since the SN changed it does have mobile connection issue and can't connect wifi in long range.
    Thanks before.
    Send me your present persist.img and tell your present serial no.