[FIX][SHARPENING][ALL VARIANTS][29.01.2015] Sharpening Mod Script v. 3.5

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi guys... probably you remember this thread: [FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix

Those kernel aren't good as the stock ones because i builded them from source without any fix ( this is also the reason why they take some time to boot ).
Additionally some doesn't like the sharpening completely disable and want to try differents values.

Here i come with this new Aroma Scripts. Just flash it in recovery, select your preferred value between 0 to 40 ( 0 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 ), install and reboot.

This might be compatible with all kernels ( also AOSP ) but i didn't test for all so i need your feedback.

Installation:

- Copy the zip in your device;
- Reboot in recovery and do a backup of your boot partition ( just to be safe );
- Install the zip;
- reboot your device.

IMPORTANT: Remember to put your screen off 1 time to make it working.

Changelog:

v.2.0 - Now stock Kitkat ROM might works tnx to my new livebump script
v.2.5 - Script Fix
v.3.0 - Added all values from 00 to 40
v.3.5 Better compatibility

If you are asking to yourself if this is safe to try the answer is : YES. Just do a backup of your boot partition before install the script. If your device will not boot reboot in recovery, restore your boot partition and you are good to go.

Attachments

• Sharpening-Mod-1.0-beta.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,804
  • Sharpening-Mod-2.0.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 902
  • Sharpening-Mod-2.5.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,007
  • Sharpening-Mod-3.0.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 21,956
  • Sharpening-Mod-3.5.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 61,531
Last edited:

djuicecola

Sep 21, 2007
Hi ! I flashed your last chupachups kernel with oversharpening fix implemented but my g3 runs your lollipop rom (the one already rooted), not your chupachups release. Everything is fine for now. Is there any reason to flash a stock kernel and apply this mod instead ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi ! I flashed your last chupachups kernel with oversharpening fix implemented but my g3 runs your lollipop rom (the one already rooted), not your chupachups release. Everything is fine for now. Is there any reason to flash a stock kernel and apply this mod instead ?

Chupa Kernel is enouth good but the kitkat kernel i posted aren't. So i think that is better to use this instead of thoose kernels.

Plus, with this, you can select your preferred value ( some guys didn't like the sharpening completely disabled ) and might be universal ( stock - AOSP )

drew261920

May 29, 2010
boot error

i encountered an boot error and the led is blinking blue and red. glad i have the backup and just restore

edit: i just saw kernel already bumped tha'ts why. im using the kernel with oversharpening fix

Last edited:

subworx

Oct 8, 2010
Direct kernel patching, now this is really nice :)
Thank you so much for the hard work you put in.
I'll test later today and report back.

I had a look into the updater script and it extracts two folders tmp and sbin, but the zip only contains tmp?

EDIT: For now this works only in kernel already bumped

I am using a stock ROM with root and TWRP, did not flash anything (besides temperature mod).
Does this mean my device is good to go for this?
(Never completely got my head around bump root, bump unlock, bumped kernels, and when a dev needs bump)

Thank you.

Regards,
sub

Last edited:

lila73

Dec 23, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
i encountered an boot error and the led is blinking blue and red. glad i have the backup and just restore

edit: i just saw kernel already bumped tha'ts why. im using the kernel with oversharpening fix
Same for me, o had modified kernel without oversharpening, flash back stock, and try the new mod an did not work

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
Sick script man.

One problem setting the value to "20" cause a security check error on boot. Other values "0, 25, 5" are okay.
Been using stock aosp kernel without the os patch.

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
My only test was with 20 values, can be this the problem or is because is not working with stock kernel?

Nevermind, I tried choosing "20" again and all went well. I guess the script glitched and didn't patch correctly.
Its working with all kernels.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

i used the 20 value also, but i did not try the other value, so the 0,25 and 5 are working?
Yes, all is well.

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
So i think o should try it again even if i m using stock kernel or o must first flash back the skin not oversharpening kernel?

Flash whatever kernel you want BESIDES the one posted by Skin, and then apply the script.
Everything should be okay.

Regards.

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
I have read of Rin kernel, but i prefer to remain on stock, the one without oversharpening for me now is all i need. If u need i will test it but then i probably go back.

Yes, could you test it for me? I would really appreciate it.
I can't test it myself since I'm running AOSP and his kernel is only for OUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys... probably you remember this thread: [FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix

Those kernel aren't good as the stock ones because i builded them from source without any fix ( this is also the reason why they take some time to boot ).
    Additionally some doesn't like the sharpening completely disable and want to try differents values.

Here i come with this new Aroma Scripts. Just flash it in recovery, select your preferred value between 0 to 40 ( 0 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 ), install and reboot.

This might be compatible with all kernels ( also AOSP ) but i didn't test for all so i need your feedback.

Installation:

- Copy the zip in your device;
    - Reboot in recovery and do a backup of your boot partition ( just to be safe );
    - Install the zip;
    - reboot your device.

IMPORTANT: Remember to put your screen off 1 time to make it working.

Changelog:

v.2.0 - Now stock Kitkat ROM might works tnx to my new livebump script
    v.2.5 - Script Fix
    v.3.0 - Added all values from 00 to 40
    v.3.5 Better compatibility

If you are asking to yourself if this is safe to try the answer is : YES. Just do a backup of your boot partition before install the script. If your device will not boot reboot in recovery, restore your boot partition and you are good to go.
    Very nice zip @Skin1980 .. this makes things easy for the users :)

I've been manually editing the sharpening values on the phone... works great on D851 on 4.4.2 and 5.0.
    Seems the "00" value causes errors for me and will not boot the phone... 01 and up works just fine.
    "11" seems to be the sweet spot for my device. It's very hard to notice the sharpening on default settings with my panel but I do notice it when zooming in on this page and looking at the edges of the 8's and 6's.. very faint white edge... which disappears completely at "11". "12" still showed it slightly.

starting to fiddle with the other values in the sharpening to see if I can figure out what else is going on.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - the bold byte is what this flashable zip is editing.. 00 - 40.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - was able to edit this bold byte but not sure if anything is changing.. tried from 01 - 99
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this but not sure what it's for.. no noticeable change.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this byte and after turning the screen off the backlight doesn't come back on(fixed with proper setting of course).

will keep poking...
    I REALLY cannot thank you enought (of course a beer will be on the way as soon as I get home)
    For those who still don't believe this thing work (I know there are a few out there), or can't see the difference, I took some pictures.
    The is an OBVIOUS difference.
    The screen has a totally different (and better) way of showing everything, specially text. In these pictures you can clearly see the difference in Gray over Grey and Grey over Black (like in the BlueTooth icon) which were the ones that bothered me the most.

OP, please fell free to use them in the first post if you want to.
    1st pic is Sharpened BT icon (LG Default)
    2nd pic is Unsharpened BT Icon (Sharpness 0)
    3rd pic is a sharpened shot of settings in PT-BR (LG Default)
    4th pic is an unsharpened shot of settings in PT-BR (Sharpness 0)

Now the last problem that bothered the hell out of me with the G3 is solved. For sure the best device of 2014!!
    Very nice zip @Skin1980 .. this makes things easy for the users :)

I've been manually editing the sharpening values on the phone... works great on D851 on 4.4.2 and 5.0.
    Seems the "00" value causes errors for me and will not boot the phone... 01 and up works just fine.
    "11" seems to be the sweet spot for my device. It's very hard to notice the sharpening on default settings with my panel but I do notice it when zooming in on this page and looking at the edges of the 8's and 6's.. very faint white edge... which disappears completely at "11". "12" still showed it slightly.

starting to fiddle with the other values in the sharpening to see if I can figure out what else is going on.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - the bold byte is what this flashable zip is editing.. 00 - 40.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - was able to edit this bold byte but not sure if anything is changing.. tried from 01 - 99
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this but not sure what it's for.. no noticeable change.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this byte and after turning the screen off the backlight doesn't come back on(fixed with proper setting of course).

will keep poking...

I'm building a new script that might work on stock kernel too. This because i changed the bump python script into a bash form that can be run from recovery.

Need some test more but i'm very near to the solution.

Tnx for your interest.

Best reguards.

Chupa Kernel is enouth good but the kitkat kernel i posted aren't. So i think that is better to use this instead of thoose kernels.

Plus, with this, you can select your preferred value ( some guys didn't like the sharpening completely disabled ) and might be universal ( stock - AOSP )
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone