Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Greetings,,

Many of us are facing some random restarts by launching the camera or slow camera issue

Actually Doc already have a fix, which I found here but I don't know why I can't find a separate thread for it ...

Of course all credits go to Doc for this fix

Link for the fix: http://d-h.st/YYl

Just flash it...

For noobs,, here is a video guide

Regards,,

Last edited:

hoezay

Oct 5, 2010
Mumbai
i'd tried this fix but it didn't work unfortunately and i got reboots on opening the camera again .
after flashing adams kernel 1.3.1 and on Wanam's Rom...so far no reboots ...still testing

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
i dont really know what this fix does as i have not downloaded. But what i have identified is, if you flash someother kernel from different FW then the problem persist. For example if you flash ME2 stock kernel on ME1 then the camera will be broken and if you flash the ME2 on ME2 then there wont be any problem with the camera

WitchMX

Feb 2, 2011
i'd tried this fix but it didn't work unfortunately and i got reboots on opening the camera again .
after flashing adams kernel 1.3.1 and on Wanam's Rom...so far no reboots ...still testing

What has worked for me is limiting the background processes to 4 in the Developers Options. You have to know that every time you reboot the phone the limit for background processes goes back to default, so after every reboot (voluntary) you need to go and change it.

This is not my discovery, somebody suggested it in another thread.

Cheers

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
You guys are seriously mistaken. Doc's camera fix merely copies the latest camera firmware rev to the firmware folder, which fixes the "camera failed" message when using an older custom kernel with a newer ROM. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the random crashing encountered when launching the camera, you WILL still get that until Samsung releases a proper fix for it.

Please either change the thread title or lock the thread, nothing worse than misinformation.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: hoezay

LOSTLOGIC89

Nov 8, 2010
Casablanca
www.logicroms.com
You guys are seriously mistaken. Doc's camera fix merely copies the latest camera firmware rev to the firmware folder, which fixes the "camera failed" message when using an older custom kernel with a newer ROM. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the random crashing encountered when launching the camera, you WILL still get that until Samsung releases a proper fix for it.

Please either change the thread title or lock the thread, nothing worse than misinformation.

I agree with you +1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

hoezay

Oct 5, 2010
Mumbai
what he said

+N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,,

Many of us are facing some random restarts by launching the camera or slow camera issue

Actually Doc already have a fix, which I found here but I don't know why I can't find a separate thread for it ...

Of course all credits go to Doc for this fix

Link for the fix: http://d-h.st/YYl

Just flash it...

For noobs,, here is a video guide

Regards,,