• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIX] Smoothness on RUU 2.36.405.8 and Saga based ROMs

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Some people have been asking me why my Inspire ROM based on RUU 2.36.405.8 feels smoother than other ROMs using this base (when scrolling through home screens in particular). I again thought I should share with the community to improve all Desire HD ROMs.

It's as simple as dropping in a few libs from the 2.31 leak (libsurfaceflinger.so, libsurfaceflinger_client.so, and libpagemap.so to be exact). Hopefully HTC takes notice of both this and the wifi issue and fixes them both in future builds.

This will help both RUU 2.36.405.8 and Saga based ROMs.

Just flash through Clockwork Recovery.

It may seem simple, but it actually took me a long time to narrow down which exact files are required to fix the issue, so if you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

Attachments

• smoothness_fix_for_gingerbread_sense_roms.zip
    260.4 KB · Views: 3,158
Last edited:

capychimp

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
At home
Some people have been asking me why my Inspire ROM based on RUU 2.36.405.8 feels smoother than other ROMs using this base. I again thought I should share with the community to improve all Desire HD ROMs.

It's as simple as dropping in a few libs from the 2.31 leak (libsurfaceflinger.so, libsurfaceflinger_client.so, and libpagemap.so to be exact). Hopefully HTC takes notice of both this and the wifi issue and fixes them both in future builds.

It may seem simple, but it actually took me a long time to narrow down which exact files are required to fix the issue, so if you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
nice one mate :)

Baarf

Jan 26, 2009
Bayonne
AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have this ****ING lag !
My only solutino was to change the skin !
I test it !!!

edit : tested : works fine !!!!!

Last edited:

RaSand

Sep 27, 2008
Cologne
my phones weather app started fc'ing after i flashed 6.0.2. up to then i only had the known sunday bug. after restoring to 6.0.1 fc'ing is no longer a problem. sunday bug persists.

also tried mdj's kernel v8. everything seemed fine at first. only problem was gps, wich couldn't find any satelites. now i'm on 6.0.1 with stock kernel and i just love all the working stuff. i trust, the few not working things can and will be fixed.

thanks for your work

Last edited:

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
my phones weather app started fc'ing after i flashed 6.0.2. up to then i only had the known sunday bug. after restoring to 6.0.1 fc'ing is no longer a problem. sunday bug persists.

also tried mdj's kernel v8. everything seemed fine at first. only problem was gps, wich couldn't find any satelites.

Did you mean to post this in the RCMix thread?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

mr.r9

Oct 8, 2006

Bro, thank God for people like you! & no it's not simple to diagnose something, I know that.
Thank you, my DHD is flying again.

Marioaguado

Aug 6, 2007
Stockholm
Hello Noob question I donwload the file but how to install it from Clockwork I Have ROm Manager and Running Leedroid 3.0.1, Some can Help me please?

Thanks

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's funny, I mentioned this scrolling lag quite a few times and people said things like "I have zero lag, the ROM is flying!" and stuff like that. I thought the lag was just targeting me haha. Nice to know I'm not alone ;).

Thanks for the fix man, I really appreciate it. I was about to give up on the laggyness on the new ROM's until I tried this out. It works like a charm and makes them as fast, or faster than the S ports.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people have been asking me why my Inspire ROM based on RUU 2.36.405.8 feels smoother than other ROMs using this base (when scrolling through home screens in particular). I again thought I should share with the community to improve all Desire HD ROMs.

wrong base=wrong behaviour...

Pretty sure he is saying the behavior is better ;)

Seems you are quite the skeptical dude lol.
    no, not skeptical, cause I tried your fix so many times that I can count them, and it stop works since 2.50 base has released...by the way, "seems" doesn't mean "is" and I remember that with 2.32 base there was an huge improvement not just "seems" in terms of smoothness, and not touch response(and keep in mind that I'm running ARHD too, and @Mike has created a script to improve touch response in 5.2.6. without your fix so....:)...anyway, I'll stop to spam your thread, I'm sure I'm right, but people are free, fortunately:D and I take this opportunity to thank you for your work, since I've never done before;)
    Best regards

Ok, you should have explained that to begin with, because there was definitely a noticeable improvement with this fix on the 2.36 base and a few other bases. Obviously I haven't tried it on 2.50 or newer since I no longer have the phone.

edit: By the way, it still might work on other 2.50 based roms. Mike and I have discussed this fix several times via pm so he probably already applied a similar fix to ARHD, but other roms may not include said fix. To truly test, you would need to flash a completely stock 2.50 base and then compare launcher smoothness with and without this fix.