[FIX] [SOLVED] Google Play Store and Play Services in Amazon Fire Phone Not Working

Search This thread

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
Hello All,

Fellas (many many many fellas) like me are out there who have installed Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store in order to enjoy all the Gapps and other apps that use Play Services and the apps that are not available in Amazon appstore. I am pretty sure, many of us would already have come across the issue mentioned in title, including myself. Google Play Store stops responding (only settings in Play Store app is accessible, but content of Play Store don't show up), many apps that use Play Services stop working (Hangout, Duo, Maps, Tweeter, etc.). That, is, not a happy day, when you find this out first thing on a sunny morning.

Please note that the Amazon Fire Phone that I have is a factory unlocked and I only had above 4 apks installed to be able to enjoy Google's facilities. I was on Fire OS 4.6.6.1 (466001420) when I faced the issue.

Anyways, I decided to play with Play Store and Play Services a bit to see if I can get things to work.

Since you all (most, but I will take the liberty to say "all" :D ) have Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store in your phone, I assume you are aware of the process that is most of us used to get these Google goodies in first place. They are all over the forums. A few examples are:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/help/guide-fire-phone-fireos-google-apps-t3206603
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/fire-phone-how-to-install-google-play-t2977237
http://spinyourfire.com/fire-phone-tips-and-tricks/amazon-fire-phone-google-play/

Basically, you just install apk files of Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Service Framework, and Google Play Store in your Fire phone (in that specific order).

When the issue occurred, I had Google Play Store 7.1.15 and Google Services Framework 4.0.4-338691 on my Fire phone. I am not sure about Google Account Manager and Google Play Services. You may have different versions.

Here is what led me to success. Hope that helps some of ya'll out there, too! :)
I just downloaded the newer version of above 4 apk files from apkmirror. However, here is the catch: Not all of the most recent versions of 4 files work. I started with the most recent versions of 4 apk files available today (20 Nov, 2016) and started working my way backward to check which files were able to be installed on Fire phone. Go ahead and download below four files and install them in below mentioned order:
  1. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-account-manager/google-account-manager-4-4-4-1227136-release/google-account-manager-4-4-4-1227136-android-apk-download/

Above files are Google Account Manager 4.4.4-1227136 no dpi, Google Play Services 10.0.84 (030-137749526), Google Services Framework 4.4.4-1227136 and Google Play Store 7.1.25.I-all.

Steps:
  • Download above for files to your Fire phone in Download folder (or any other folder that your prefer).
  • Uninstall previously installed Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store from Fire Phone.
  • Restart the Fire phone.
  • Install the newly downloaded files in this order (Uninstall Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store from Fire Phone.).
  • Open Google Play Store. It should now ask for your Google Account ID and PW, indicating that the Google goodies are back, to serve you. Upon logging in, your apps will show up and "Installed" apps and they will begin auto-updating (if you allowed such in settings and if updates are available). Other apps in your Fire phone that use Goole Play Services will also start behaving normal.

I came across this solution as trial and error. During the process, If you come across any observation that may be useful to others and myself, don't hesitate to voice yourself; post what you see and help all! :D

Also share if you were able to find any other (and possibly easier) solution to this issue.

Till then, Enjoy! :cowboy:

Oct 22, 2015
Los Gatos, ca
This works; but My Cloud stored personal music tracks are not showing up any more.

Hello All,
[/LIST]

Above files are Google Account Manager 4.4.4-1227136 no dpi, Google Play Services 10.0.84 (030-137749526), Google Services Framework 4.4.4-1227136 and Google Play Store 7.1.25.I-all.

Steps:
  • Download above for files to your Fire phone in Download folder (or any other folder that your prefer).
  • Uninstall previously installed Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store from Fire Phone.
  • Install the newly downloaded files in this order (Uninstall Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store from Fire Phone.).
  • Open Google Play Store. It should now ask for your Google Account ID and PW, indicating that the Google goodies are back, to serve you. Upon logging in, your apps will show up and "Installed" apps and they will begin auto-updating (if you allowed such in settings and if updates are available). Other apps in your Fire phone that use Goole Play Services will also start behaving normal.

I came across this solution as trial and error. During the process, If you come across any observation that may be useful to others and myself, don't hesitate to voice yourself; post what you see and help all! :D

Also share if you were able to find any other (and possibly easier) solution to this issue.

This works.. but My Google Play personal tracks from the cloud (uploaded using Music Manager) are not showing up.
In a twist, very curiously those show up and work perfectly when I do the same things on my Kindle HD6; I use the exact same hack that I use for my fire phone. Both used to work perfectly. After this Play service Issue, and the subsequent fix, both are back again with the exception of the personal tracks issue only on the fire phone.

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
This works.. but My Google Play personal tracks from the cloud (uploaded using Music Manager) are not showing up.
In a twist, very curiously those show up and work perfectly when I do the same things on my Kindle HD6; I use the exact same hack that I use for my fire phone. Both used to work perfectly. After this Play service Issue, and the subsequent fix, both are back again with the exception of the personal tracks issue only on the fire phone.

I wonder if you uninstall Play Music, restart the phone, and reinstall Play Music from Play Store, and see if that gets you fixed up. Another thing you might try is somehow trigger the Media re-scan.

Just some thoughts.. Disregard if you've already tried or post your findings if you end up trying...

Oct 22, 2015
Los Gatos, ca
Thanks.. That didn't do it.

I wonder if you uninstall Play Music, restart the phone, and reinstall Play Music from Play Store, and see if that gets you fixed up. Another thing you might try is somehow trigger the Media re-scan.

Just some thoughts.. Disregard if you've already tried or post your findings if you end up trying...

Yugz5.. Thanks. I'd done the re-install, but not power down. I tried it with powering down after re-install. Same result.

I can't find any option for media re-scan by itself. But switching accounts should do pretty much the same. Switching between my accounts where I have some tracks saved all give the same "null" result. The tracks themselves are there and safe as I can access them from non-fire devices, browsers on the PC's, and even from an Amazon kindle tablet (Play app) as I mentioned before.

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
Yugz5.. Thanks. I'd done the re-install, but not power down. I tried it with powering down after re-install. Same result.

I can't find any option for media re-scan by itself. But switching accounts should do pretty much the same. Switching between my accounts where I have some tracks saved all give the same "null" result. The tracks themselves are there and safe as I can access them from non-fire devices, browsers on the PC's, and even from an Amazon kindle tablet (Play app) as I mentioned before.

Yea, I guess, switching between the account should have the same effect as Media re-scan. I suggested that coz in android, some players were used to non-recognize the files and clearing the cache of media scanner was a known fix..

As far as powering it down, you said you did the restart, but that was after the reinstallation. I meant to say, perform a restart "between" uninstallation and reinstallation.

Oct 22, 2015
Los Gatos, ca
Yea, I guess, switching between the account should have the same effect as Media re-scan. I suggested that coz in android, some players were used to non-recognize the files and clearing the cache of media scanner was a known fix..

As far as powering it down, you said you did the restart, but that was after the reinstallation. I meant to say, perform a restart "between" uninstallation and reinstallation.

Yes, I understood your intent. That's exactly what I'd done -- i.e. power down between uninstallation and re-installation. But I'd mis-typed it in my last post. Didn't solve it.

Anyways.. this gets me 99.9% of the ways there for me, and this minor irritation I can live with.

It is nice to know that the same fix -- the same files -- work for HD 6 and the new HD 8 also. I am not sure how many people know this. After self-updating, Google slaps some minor variants of the same version files that are different than the ones for the fire phone -- presumably because of the hardware variation.

Reactions: yugz5

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
Yes, I understood your intent. That's exactly what I'd done -- i.e. power down between uninstallation and re-installation. But I'd mis-typed it in my last post. Didn't solve it.

Anyways.. this gets me 99.9% of the ways there for me, and this minor irritation I can live with.

It is nice to know that the same fix -- the same files -- work for HD 6 and the new HD 8 also. I am not sure how many people know this. After self-updating, Google slaps some minor variants of the same version files that are different than the ones for the fire phone -- presumably because of the hardware variation.

I assume so, too...

Oct 22, 2015
Los Gatos, ca

I am happy... I am happy... I am happy...

When I subscribed to the Google Play Music 4 months free offer, it went through some machinations, complained about something not being right, and when I logged out and logged back in.. voila.. all the tracks are back. When I checked the versions of the 4 files, they were all the same. So I thought this should be something fixable.. and sure enough.. now I see the "Refresh" option under setting. Not sure how I missed that or if I missed that.

Any way, all engines go now.

Thanks for all the brainiacs on the thread here.

Reactions: yugz5

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014

When I subscribed to the Google Play Music 4 months free offer, it went through some machinations, complained about something not being right, and when I logged out and logged back in.. voila.. all the tracks are back. When I checked the versions of the 4 files, they were all the same. So I thought this should be something fixable.. and sure enough.. now I see the "Refresh" option under setting. Not sure how I missed that or if I missed that.

:laugh: :D

smowtion

Sep 10, 2012
apkupdate.com
I have download Google account manager APK Version : 7.1 (25) but have issue
czdy0Gb.png
Any idea what I could do now?

KingKhizr

Jul 1, 2018
Can you tell me how to Uninstall previously installed Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store from Fire Phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Fellas (many many many fellas) like me are out there who have installed Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store in order to enjoy all the Gapps and other apps that use Play Services and the apps that are not available in Amazon appstore. I am pretty sure, many of us would already have come across the issue mentioned in title, including myself. Google Play Store stops responding (only settings in Play Store app is accessible, but content of Play Store don't show up), many apps that use Play Services stop working (Hangout, Duo, Maps, Tweeter, etc.). That, is, not a happy day, when you find this out first thing on a sunny morning.

Please note that the Amazon Fire Phone that I have is a factory unlocked and I only had above 4 apks installed to be able to enjoy Google's facilities. I was on Fire OS 4.6.6.1 (466001420) when I faced the issue.

Anyways, I decided to play with Play Store and Play Services a bit to see if I can get things to work.

Since you all (most, but I will take the liberty to say "all" :D ) have Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store in your phone, I assume you are aware of the process that is most of us used to get these Google goodies in first place. They are all over the forums. A few examples are:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/help/guide-fire-phone-fireos-google-apps-t3206603
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/general/fire-phone-how-to-install-google-play-t2977237
    http://spinyourfire.com/fire-phone-tips-and-tricks/amazon-fire-phone-google-play/

Basically, you just install apk files of Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Service Framework, and Google Play Store in your Fire phone (in that specific order).

When the issue occurred, I had Google Play Store 7.1.15 and Google Services Framework 4.0.4-338691 on my Fire phone. I am not sure about Google Account Manager and Google Play Services. You may have different versions.

Here is what led me to success. Hope that helps some of ya'll out there, too! :)
    I just downloaded the newer version of above 4 apk files from apkmirror. However, here is the catch: Not all of the most recent versions of 4 files work. I started with the most recent versions of 4 apk files available today (20 Nov, 2016) and started working my way backward to check which files were able to be installed on Fire phone. Go ahead and download below four files and install them in below mentioned order:
    1. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-account-manager/google-account-manager-4-4-4-1227136-release/google-account-manager-4-4-4-1227136-android-apk-download/

Steps: