[FIX] [SOLVED!] Play Store No Connection Error Fix!

Search This thread

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Hey guys!

I looked around and got another method which is very fast and easy!
If you go to lucky patcher you took "Toolbox" --> "ad-blocker" and choose "clear local host data" then the play store is already functionally!!!!!

That method has really saved my life!!! :D try it out!

Works!
I used that nasty app out of frustration against a greedy game full of ads & uninstalled it afterwards. For some reason, I was unable to make iap for other apps.
This method saved me a factory reset ;) Never gonna use that unlucky patcher again

Haruka Mukamo

Dec 1, 2017
Oh no! Help please!

Ummm...

Okay here's my problem:

I installed Freedom apk and Google play store didn't work! I tried these methods

1. I downgraded Google play store
2. Deleted the hosts file
3. Cleared the data of Google play store
4. Cleared the cache of Google play store
5. Tried to update Google play store but there's no update I can install
6. Checked the date and time settings

My problem in problem number 1:

Okay I said I downgraded google play store and I keep downgrading it... Then one day the Google play store didn't update... I said "Oh! I should install apks instead! " then my downloads pause and I resume my downloads and it dosent work!!

Please help me... Please!

( P. S This is my mom's phone that haves this problem please fix this or I'll be dead! Help please! )

Thanks,
Haruka

the_mic

Jan 23, 2015
Help cant edit or remove host file ...please

Dont work help cant edit or remove the host file and i got SU permission and fully rooted its came after install and uninstall freedom app ... :confused:

Snaproyale

Feb 26, 2018
Help please.

Total commander show error when saving the hosts file. Error writing the file. How can i fix this?

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
DOES NOT WORK! THIS IS NOT A HOSTS PROBLEM!

When I couldn't download on a media box, I found that I could not download or do anything on my phone either!

I contracted Google Play and they did something on their end. My status said "DEVICE CERTIFIED" and downloads would say "Downloading......." and never show "Downloading... 6MB of 30MB".

So I suspect there are different issues and solutions. Please fix your title to reflect the CAUSE so people know if relevant!

Ehmad33

May 2, 2018
(Root) Simply you need to download lucky patcher.
1; Then open and click toolbox in bottom left corner.
2; Click block adds
3; click remove hosts file
All done

Dec 1, 2016
This information posted by the OP is FALSE! It tells me that it could not save the file despite giving it root access!

bilal zafar

Jun 24, 2016
Play store

I have blackphone bp1 i flashed gapps but when play store update it gives error no internet connection. I tried each and everystep mentioned but it doesn't work.plz give me solution for this.Thanks

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
2. Install it in your Device.
3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
4. Open the etc folder.
5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.
7. Save the file and overwrite if needed.

Downloads:
Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

Please leave a "Thanks!" if it helped!

I hope to still be able to get an answer after 7 years...

I installed two custom roms and GAPPS for each. One the 1st one all worked out great without any editing but on the 2nd one it did not connect the Play store to the internet. I tried this solution but did not work.

Please provide full tips to try...

Reactions: gioblecch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
    4. Open the etc folder.
    5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
    6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

another way..

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
    4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!

Another way is to just delete the "hosts" file and reboot the device when it turns on again just open google play and choose your google account.

Hope I Helped ;)
    Guys if you have adaway installed, then you do not have to do all this! Just "update update the host files and it should fix everything"
    help

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using)

How do i solve this if i my nexus 4 is not rooted ?
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!
    thanks it works on my S4