[FIX] [SOLVED!] Play Store No Connection Error Fix!

Search This thread

njaya95

Nov 18, 2014
Tirupati
OnePlus 12R
**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
2. Install it in your Device.
3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
4. Open the etc folder.
5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.
7. Save the file and overwrite if needed.

Downloads:
Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

Please leave a "Thanks!" if it helped!
Thanks bro, worked.

shubham shahu

Oct 9, 2015
nagpur
I am ported rom resurrecrion rimix for karbonn titanium s5 ultra .
When i open playstore it shows connection error whith 2G,3G,wifi.
And also filemanager doesen't shows internal memory .
Please help....
The rom i ported is synogen based.
I am tride host file addit but still not work

ChocolateSau7e

Jun 21, 2016
After I edit the hosts file, the deleted lines get added again after I open play store and the file gets reset to the original one after I reboot. How to stop this from happening?

Reactions: HassanM

HassanM

Aug 29, 2012
I am ported rom resurrecrion rimix for karbonn titanium s5 ultra .
When i open playstore it shows connection error whith 2G,3G,wifi.
And also filemanager doesen't shows internal memory .
Please help....
The rom i ported is synogen based.
I am tride host file addit but still not work

If ypur phone is rooted, go into system/etc and delete the file "hosts" and then try again....
As for creating another hosts file, u will have to enable your adaway app again...
Its very simple... Try it!

Good luck!

Sent from my S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

After I edit the hosts file, the deleted lines get added again after I open play store and the file gets reset to the original one after I reboot. How to stop this from happening?

Same here.... :banghead:

Sent from my S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

BOBX25

Jun 10, 2013
Quezon City
Hi Good Sir..
I am currently trying to follow the instructions
Root>etc>hosts
Tried to Delete the 2nd line but upon saving it keeps on saying read only file..

Please do advice on what can i do.. Thanks

R4NKER

Jul 26, 2016
Hey guys!

I looked around and got another method which is very fast and easy!
If you go to lucky patcher you took "Toolbox" --> "ad-blocker" and choose "clear local host data" then the play store is already functionally!!!!!

That method has really saved my life!!! :D try it out!

beepboopbeeptu

Aug 1, 2016
My google play store isn't working or anything that involves google on my phone isn't working. It always says "no WiFi connection" this started happening right after I used lucky patcher do you know how to fix this.

sumit ranjan

Nov 8, 2014
Bangalore

Worked for my Galaxy s i9000 running cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly and the latest 4.3 gapps
Thanks so much! :D:D:D
Oh and if your runnng cyanogen then youu can use file manager rather than total commander.
1. Open file manager
2. Press your menu key/touch "settings"
3. Touch General settings/access mode and touch root access mode.
4. Press back button twice then touch the "/" at the top of file manager
Follow original post from 4 onwards.

Please don't forget to click "thanks" if I helped you.
thanks buddy it worked for Oneplus 2 also!

Danko24real

Aug 22, 2016
Yusssssssss,it worked

OH MY GOD ,THANK YOU.Its a big problem,but with your solution ,my tab is now excellent.:laugh::laugh::)
(Sry for my bad english)

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

It's showing not enough memory when I try to edit hosts file. What should I do?

It showed me once,just reboot your device.

Ichigo1221

Aug 26, 2016
I tried this steps, but I can't find the file name "hosts" in etc folder. Please help.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

My google play store and play games always saying that there Is no internet connection even there is. It's started since I downloaded the Xposed app on my rooted tablet and downloaded any modules. But these problems only occurs in google play store and play games.

ZaKaRia OuH

Apr 12, 2015
méknes
Hey bro not need to edit anything on host file just delete whole host file..and open Google play store this automatically by default create a new host file..!

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Bro just go to system/etc and find hosts file and delete it..then go to setting-apps-google play store clean cache and data... Then open Google play store.
i tried deleting host file but,it says failed to delete !
despite the fact that i treid that using total commander and root explorer.
someone can help please :)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Hey guys!

I looked around and got another method which is very fast and easy!
If you go to lucky patcher you took "Toolbox" --> "ad-blocker" and choose "clear local host data" then the play store is already functionally!!!!!

That method has really saved my life!!! :D try it out!
You are a Genius dawg
you are really a genius !!
i tried every single mentioned option above and after but nothing worked.
till i tried your trick
thank you so much really
i appreciate your help.
ican't stand this motherf**kin google play storless hand****

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
    4. Open the etc folder.
    5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
    6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

another way..

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
    4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!

Another way is to just delete the "hosts" file and reboot the device when it turns on again just open google play and choose your google account.

Hope I Helped ;)
    Guys if you have adaway installed, then you do not have to do all this! Just "update update the host files and it should fix everything"
    help

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using)

How do i solve this if i my nexus 4 is not rooted ?
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!
    thanks it works on my S4