[FIX] Speaker playback distortion solution (CM11/AOSP 4.4 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
@darkobas
what do you think about modifying the file to slightly increase the speaker volume as well?

yeah you can... in the same section of the file (speaker) just adjust the Digital Volume value from 67...to let say 75. I didnt try the 75 value as i think 67 is quite loud enough, now that it sounds like its supposed to :)
i've edited for myself the "voice-speaker" section to 75. This is when you put someone in a call on speakerphone.

Last edited:

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano
yeah you can... in the same section of the file (speaker) just adjust the Digital Volume value from 67...to let say 75. I didnt try the 75 value as i think 67 is quite loud enough, now that it sounds like its supposed to :)
i've edited for myself the "voice-speaker" section to 75. This is when you put someone in a call on speakerphone.

nice to know it, I find the call voice on speakerphone a little bit low as well

I tried to create a custom zip by myself but I didn't manage to have it working (I confess I'm not so confident with zip editing), so if you could post an "alternative version" of your zip fix with speaker and voice-speaker volumes both set to 75 I would appreciate it ;)

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
If you do submit this to cm gerrit you'll probably want to put it in g2-common so it will affect all of the variants at once

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! this fix is for AOSP/CM android 4.4.2 roms only (root required)

It fixes speaker distortion occurring on loud playback. What it does it applies high pass filter on the lower frequencies that a speaker so small cant really playback anyway. Enough lower frequencies still come through so playback sound is good.

edit /system/etc/mixer-paths.xml

scroll / search for the "speaker" path
    add this before the closing line of the speaker path:
    <ctl name="RX7 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_150Hz" />

same can be applied to "voice-speaker". it will give a slightly better speakerphone quality.

its gonna look like this:

Code:
        <path name="speaker">
            <ctl name="SLIM RX1 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
            <ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="One" />
            <ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
            <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="67" />
            <ctl name="SPK DRV Volume" value="6" />
            <ctl name="SPK DAC Switch" value="1" />
            <ctl name="RX7 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_150Hz" />
        </path>

reboot to recovery, clear cache&dalvik, reboot system.

i've included a flashable zips with a moded mixer paths file taken from CM11. it can be flashed on any CM11/AOSP/AOKP rom. although backup of the original file is recomended as the devs could apply their own tweaks or changes to this file.
    so sometimes its better to edit it manualy.

initial-just HPF applied to speaker
    v1.1 - has the seam HPF tweak applied to speakerphone + set vol 70 to speakerhpone
    v.1.1.louder- well guess. (speaker 70, speakerphone72)

i dont recommend using the louder or even values beyond that.. as it may damage your speaker
    added some more zips to OP.
    @darkobas
    what do you think about modifying the file to slightly increase the speaker volume as well?

Yup. Got email. Tap myself on the back (╯3╰)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone