[FIX] [surya/karna] YouTube HDR & Chrome Yellow Tint - Real Fix !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
This basically disables HDR, doesn't fix it. Got it.

Tell me first,
have you checked the original files provided by MIUI ???
Have you found a fix by yourself ???

Did you understand what i wrote up ???

It doesn't make sense to use a SDR with an HDR color filter (dcip3) like Xiaomi did ... this is the origin of the mess ! Go it now ???

I inverted the combination and it works !

This problem is still present in other Xiaomi devices (Mi 10T) and other brands (OnePlus 8) !

Now,
Have you tested my files ???

How to :
Open YouTube HDR without and with my fix ... and tell me if you see the difference (in HDR playback and the background in dark mode), try too YouTube HDR in PIP mode to watch the mess LIVE !

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: SkaboXD

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Tell me first,
have you checked the original files provided by MIUI ???
Have you found a fix by yourself ???

Did you understand what i wrote up ???

It doesn't make sense to use a SDR with an HDR color filter (dcip3) like Xiaomi did ... this is the origin of the mess ! Go it now ???

I inverted the combination and it works !

This problem is still present in other Xiaomi devices (Mi 10T) and other brands (OnePlus 8) !

Now,
Have you tested my files ???

How to :
Open YouTube HDR without and with my fix ... and tell me if you see the difference (in HDR playback and the background in dark mode), try too YouTube HDR in PIP mode to watch the mess LIVE !

Cheers

Alright, I tried your fix and it works! It removes yellow tint.

But I'm not sure If HDR is truly applied on HDR videos or not as I'm not seeing any special visual difference.

YouTube quality reports that content is on HDR resolution.

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020

But I'm not sure If HDR is truly applied on HDR videos or not as I'm not seeing any special visual difference.

HDR effect is real now, try a video with many light levels in the same frame like this one (to open with YouTube app and not your browser)

You will not see a difference if the video uses few light levels !

YouTube is full of fake HDR videos (uploaded with an HDR color filter tag only but with no real effect)

Jacob + Katie Schwarz is the only channel with real HDR effect ! (he is a professional photographer)

Watch the whole video and tell me what you think now !

Last edited:

iakoboss7

Hello!

so i am using latest ArrowOS (they mentioned a yellow tint fix on the changelog).
Does it have your patch?

I am asking cause even though i have not used your patch i can see a difference on the video by using youtube player compared to playing it from chrome for example!
so it seems like HDR works!

No scratch everything, screen becomes yellow (i can see HDR working though).
Any chance you can come in contact with the devs?
I think you have done an amazing work!

Reactions: janhammer504

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello!

so i am using latest ArrowOS (they mentioned a yellow tint fix on the changelog).
Does it have your patch?

I am asking cause even though i have not used your patch i can see a difference on the video by using youtube player compared to playing it from chrome for example!
so it seems like HDR works!

No scratch everything, screen becomes yellow (i can see HDR working though).
Any chance you can come in contact with the devs?
I think you have done an amazing work!

I'm on ArrowOS too, and I got the results i described above.

OP seems to know about ROM stuff, he could make some custom ROM or at least contribute for it.

I didn't need rw vendor though. I replaced files in OrangeFox file manager without issues.

Reactions: janhammer504

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
wich magisk version do you use ?
I guess the better question is which Android version the ROM he is using is based on, because I have come across troubles with at least one Magisk module on my favorit ROM (ArrowOS 11) as well. In my case it was Webview Switcher which installed without error, but did just not have the desired effect. I have not tested your module, because I'm not come across any HDR issues so far (due to the lack of watching any HDR content).

iakoboss7

wich magisk version do you use ?
thank you for answering!

Latest magisk, v22

it's working here
can you open (as text) this path with root/file explorer to show me the name of your LCD as stated on OP ???

/sys/android_lcd/lcd_name

nt36672c huaxing fhd video mode dsi panel

I guess the better question is which Android version the ROM he is using is based on, because I have come across troubles with at least one Magisk module on my favorit ROM (ArrowOS 11) as well. In my case it was Webview Switcher which installed without error, but did just not have the desired effect. I have not tested your module, because I'm not come across any HDR issues so far (due to the lack of watching any HDR content).

Android 11 ArrowOS, build 25/2/2021 Vanilla (no gapps included)
latest android 11 flamegapps
(latest firmware/vendor/etc also)

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
thank you for answering!

Latest magisk, v22

nt36672c huaxing fhd video mode dsi panel

Android 11 ArrowOS, build 25/2/2021 Vanilla (no gapps included)
latest android 11 flamegapps
(latest firmware/vendor/etc also)
i have the same LCD, it's a problem on your Magisk version and your OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cleaned ... go to a MIUI factory to fix it ... hahahahahahahah
    any chance u can make this into a magisk module?
    Magisk module added (OP) until the fix is merged by your rom developer.
    cleaned again ... and fu.ck you XDA moderators and developers-like... you all sons of the bit.ch... get a real life mother.fu.ck.ers

HDR effect is real now, try a video with many light levels in the same frame like this one (to open with YouTube app and not your browser)

You will not see a difference if the video uses few light levels !

YouTube is full of fake HDR videos (uploaded with an HDR color filter tag only but with no real effect)

Jacob + Katie Schwarz is the only channel with real HDR effect ! (he is a professional photographer)

Watch the whole video and tell me what you think now !
    so i am using latest ArrowOS (they mentioned a yellow tint fix on the changelog). Any chance you can come in contact with the devs?
    I'm on ArrowOS too, and I got the results i described above. OP seems to know about ROM stuff, he could make some custom ROM or at least contribute for it.
    @janhammer504 is on LOS 17.1, so I took the freedom to report the proposed fix on the ArrowOS issue tracker.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone