[FIX] [surya/karna] YouTube HDR & Chrome Yellow Tint - Real Fix !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
yes it's working ... don't you read that this fix must be applied by your rom developer ??? it has been already merged in LOS 17.1. you can go here too to flash my unified vendor... the fix is already merged a week ago !
No, I meant if you have tested the Magisk module on an Android 11 based ROM.

I'm on ArrowOS 11 and have already opened an issue on their GitLab tracker.

I'm currently using the already mentioned addon.d solution to apply your fix, so no need for me to flash the unified rw vendor.

Zipp2137

Feb 27, 2021
Netflix says that I have no HDR capabilities. Any solutions to this problem? Running latest arrowOS (13th march) with a magisk zip you provided. I tried to reboot, reinstall Netflix and to hide root for it. No results.

Well, it turns out that it is already included in my rom. Anyways, Netflix still does not seem to cooperate.

Last edited:

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Netflix says that I have no HDR capabilities. Any solutions to this problem? Running latest arrowOS (13th march) with a magisk zip you provided. I tried to reboot, reinstall Netflix and to hide root for it. No results.

Well, it turns out that it is already included in my rom. Anyways, Netflix still does not seem to cooperate.
HDR on Netflix requires Widevine L1 support which is lost when you use custom roms (which only have L3). If Netflix HDR is important to you, feel free to return to Miui.

The mod works perfectly for local HDR content and YouTube content.

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
HDR on Netflix requires Widevine L1 support which is lost when you use custom roms (which only have L3). If Netflix HDR is important to you, feel free to return to Miui.

The mod works perfectly for local HDR content and YouTube content.
Netflix HDR requires HDR10+ capabilities wich POCO X3 doesn't have !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cleaned ... go to a MIUI factory to fix it ... hahahahahahahah
    any chance u can make this into a magisk module?
    Magisk module added (OP) until the fix is merged by your rom developer.
    cleaned again ... and fu.ck you XDA moderators and developers-like... you all sons of the bit.ch... get a real life mother.fu.ck.ers
    Alright, I tried your fix and it works! It removes yellow tint.

But I'm not sure If HDR is truly applied on HDR videos or not as I'm not seeing any special visual difference.

YouTube quality reports that content is on HDR resolution.

HDR effect is real now, try a video with many light levels in the same frame like this one (to open with YouTube app and not your browser)

You will not see a difference if the video uses few light levels !

YouTube is full of fake HDR videos (uploaded with an HDR color filter tag only but with no real effect)

Jacob + Katie Schwarz is the only channel with real HDR effect ! (he is a professional photographer)

Watch the whole video and tell me what you think now !
    so i am using latest ArrowOS (they mentioned a yellow tint fix on the changelog). Any chance you can come in contact with the devs?
    I'm on ArrowOS too, and I got the results i described above. OP seems to know about ROM stuff, he could make some custom ROM or at least contribute for it.
    @janhammer504 is on LOS 17.1, so I took the freedom to report the proposed fix on the ArrowOS issue tracker.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone