How To Guide Fix "This device isn't Play Protect Certified" for Huawei devices (Harmony OS 2.0/EMUI)

Search This thread

ThatsYisy

All of a sudden, Google made some updates this week (Week# 41, 2021), and your device may have received the error message stating "This device isn't Play Protect Certified", and which may force deleting the apps under Google Suite from your device.
Factory reset is always recommended to keep a clean system. If there are any reasons that you would like to avoid resetting your device, this is a method maybe able to help you permanently fixing the error notification and re-install ing the Google Play Store. Once this is fixed, you will not receive the pop up messages anymore, and do not hestiate updating any of the apps including Google apps.

Note:
GSF is a 16-digit RANDOM number, which may impact the success rate.
You may not get this fix in one shot, and most likely you need to be very patient to keep try.

Hint:
if you get a GSF# starting with 3 numbers, I suggest you restarting from the beginning again right from there, I would say the success rate is 20%, butfeel free to take a chance to continue following the guide. if you get a GSF# starting with 2 numbers and following with a letter, success rate is 50%, feel free to take a chance and continue following the guide. If you get a GSF# starting with 1 number and following with a letter, the success rate is over 80%, go ahead and continue.

Preparation:
1a. If you still have Google Service Assistant (谷歌服务助手) on your device, then go ahead and continue following this guide

1b. If you do NOT have Google Service Assistant (谷歌服务助手), following the instructions in below link ( or the video) until Step 16 (from thread or the body of video description), then return to this guide.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mony-os-2-0-w-o-rolling-back-to-emui.4331937/

2. Download and extract the ZIP file onto your mobile device (if the links are no longer working, let me know)

3. Uninstall ALL of your residual Google suite apps in your device (Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Maps, Google Play Games, Google Home, Google Classroom, Nest, etc...... or anything that may trigger the Google Play protect to run like Linkedin)

or

Step by Step instructions:

1. Go to “Files” and the folder where you save “GMS folder that we downloaded earlier. Install “01- googlefier.apk”, unmark “Check apps from external source…” and check mark “Don’t ask again”, then click “ALLOW” and “INSTALL“ to continue the setup. Once, finished, select “OPEN” to open Googlefier.

2. Continue selecting “Next” until you see “Let’s Go”, then you will need to “ALLOW” multiple times.

3. Select the last option (Broom icon) to uninstall residual Google suite; once complete, RUN it again to ensure it is truly cleaned

4. Open your Task Manager and kill the Googlefier from background running

5. Go to HOME screen, run “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE” (if you did not delete the app earlier, you do not need to activate again); You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download),it will fail to download anything, ignore that as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen)

6. Go to “Googlefier” once again, select “01…” to install ”MicroG – Huawei Fix EloyGomezTV”。Check mark “Don’t ask again”, then click “ALLOW”, after finish installing, click “OPEN” and “Account”

7. The first time you click “Account” and “SIGN IN“” will fail to open, it is normal, click “Account” and “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL”X2 to return to Googlefier

8. If you have multiple google account, select “02 …” to login another account, and if you have more than 2 accounts, repeat the “02…”; otherwise “03 …” to continue the installation. Keep selecting “INSTALL” and “DONE“ (make sure select “DONE” and do NOT select “OPEN”) until you see the “Hint…” and click “OK”, you will be in “App info”, select “FORCE STOP ”(MicroG – Huawei Fix EloyGomezTV) and then “UNINSTALL”. **** IMPORTANT **** after finish uninstall, do NOT click "OK", and go back to main screen directly.

9. Go back to “Files”,Install “02-Gplay.apk”; if the “Turn On Play Protect” message pops up, select “Decline”

10. Go to “Settings”---“Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, turn on all the sync options; you should see at least 3 options to turn on. If you see only one or two options, restart this guide from the beginning, something is mis-aligned.

11. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo” ,click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”,select “Show system processes”,select “GoogleContacts Sync”----“FORCE STOP” then “UNINSTALL”

12. Back to “Files”, then install “03.Contacts Sync-29-v10”

13. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, you should be able to see the Last Synced time. As long as the time is after you start following the guide, then you are good to go. (If later on you find anything syncing issue, repeat step 10 – 13.)

14. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers,open “device id” once done,check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number

15. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ,click “FORCE STOP” then “UNINSTALL”

16. Go to “files” and install“04.GMS Fix.apk”

17. Go to main screen, close all apps and click on “Play Store”,check again if it can run properly (check only twice including step 30, but no more than this)

18. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”, click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework”----“FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---“CLEAR DATA”

**** IMPORTANT **** after “FORCE STOP” turns Grey, you need to goto “Storage” and finish “CLEAR DATA” within 3 secs; otherwise you will need to “FORCE STOP” again; after “CLEAR DATA”, you need to restart immediately. Otherwise, you will need to “FORCE STOP” and “CLEAR DATA” again.

19. Press the power button---Restart your device---after finish restarting, wait for AT LEAST 2 mins to ensure the startup is done before moving to the final steps

20. Goto DeviceID to check if GSF still exist, if NOT, goto Play Store and scroll up and down then check if GSF can show up again. If GSF is lost after 5 mins and after trying to trigger it run from Play Store, then you may need to restart this guide from the beginning. If GSF exists, go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”, click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVATE AND UNINSTALL”

21. Go to “Files” and install “05.GPlayServices2”

22. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done

23. If the Play protect error message pops up again after installing “05.GPlayServices2”; then restart the guide from the beginning again.

24. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine

25. GMS installation is done

Last edited:

ratboy82

Nov 6, 2021
Thank you so much! you have made my day!!! its finally working... but no push :( do you have any recoomends how to fix it?

Reactions: ThatsYisy

msbaranga

Sep 27, 2005
Hi,
It was working fine until Google Play Store was updated. Now, I have to redo the process again.
Hopefully, it will work again but for how long?
Is there anything to do not to let the Google Play store update?
Thanks.

richard19956

May 8, 2018
I tried 10 times with 3 times getting 1 number and letter but each time I get this device is not play certified. I am able to access the play store. Has Google changed something or is my phone the problem as it was bought in China?

Reactions: aieromon

ThatsYisy

I tried 10 times with 3 times getting 1 number and letter but each time I get this device is not play certified. I am able to access the play store. Has Google changed something or is my phone the problem as it was bought in China?
before you are trying to fix this issue, make sure you have uninstalled all the Google related apps: Google home, google maps, google classroom, Gmail, Chrome, youtube, youtube music, youtube kids, Family Link ... Nest, Linkedin (even this is from MS, but it will trigger the Play protect error) ... and there are much more that I cannot list them all. If any of residual apps exist, that will 100% lead to failure. I know it is hard to uninstall all of them, i made this mistake all the time, and then later on found out that some hidden app stayed in the phone, which i would need to do it again and again. Therefore, factory reset is always the best to ensure a clean system, but i also understand it is hard for people to reinstall everything and re-login all the accounts.

Another possible reason is: the google play service version, there was an update last month, and so far i found Play Services 21.18.15 is the last good and stable version. you can use that instead of 05... file from the preparation files.
or

i hope this note helps.

Reactions: aieromon

richard19956

May 8, 2018
before you are trying to fix this issue, make sure you have uninstalled all the Google related apps: Google home, google maps, google classroom, Gmail, Chrome, youtube, youtube music, youtube kids, Family Link ... Nest, Linkedin (even this is from MS, but it will trigger the Play protect error) ... and there are much more that I cannot list them all. If any of residual apps exist, that will 100% lead to failure. I know it is hard to uninstall all of them, i made this mistake all the time, and then later on found out that some hidden app stayed in the phone, which i would need to do it again and again. Therefore, factory reset is always the best to ensure a clean system, but i also understand it is hard for people to reinstall everything and re-login all the accounts.

Another possible reason is: the google play service version, there was an update last month, and so far i found Play Services 21.18.15 is the last good and stable version. you can use that instead of 05... file from the preparation files.
or

i hope this note helps.
hi thanks for the help. Will try this, but i was doing a factory reset before.

aieromon

Jan 7, 2012
Honor 20Pro HJC-LX9 running GMS smoothly even though Playstore is not certified. I think I will do a factory reset and start all over again.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Last edited:

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome

Hello guys, bought new MATE XS 2 and successfully installed GMS on it and working perfect here.

Do we have a solution to update Google Play Services always to the latest released version ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All of a sudden, Google made some updates this week (Week# 41, 2021), and your device may have received the error message stating "This device isn't Play Protect Certified", and which may force deleting the apps under Google Suite from your device.
    Factory reset is always recommended to keep a clean system. If there are any reasons that you would like to avoid resetting your device, this is a method maybe able to help you permanently fixing the error notification and re-install ing the Google Play Store. Once this is fixed, you will not receive the pop up messages anymore, and do not hestiate updating any of the apps including Google apps.

Note:
    GSF is a 16-digit RANDOM number, which may impact the success rate.
    You may not get this fix in one shot, and most likely you need to be very patient to keep try.

Hint:
    if you get a GSF# starting with 3 numbers, I suggest you restarting from the beginning again right from there, I would say the success rate is 20%, butfeel free to take a chance to continue following the guide. if you get a GSF# starting with 2 numbers and following with a letter, success rate is 50%, feel free to take a chance and continue following the guide. If you get a GSF# starting with 1 number and following with a letter, the success rate is over 80%, go ahead and continue.

Preparation:
    1a. If you still have Google Service Assistant (谷歌服务助手) on your device, then go ahead and continue following this guide

1b. If you do NOT have Google Service Assistant (谷歌服务助手), following the instructions in below link ( or the video) until Step 16 (from thread or the body of video description), then return to this guide.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mony-os-2-0-w-o-rolling-back-to-emui.4331937/

2. Download and extract the ZIP file onto your mobile device (if the links are no longer working, let me know)

3. Uninstall ALL of your residual Google suite apps in your device (Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Maps, Google Play Games, Google Home, Google Classroom, Nest, etc...... or anything that may trigger the Google Play protect to run like Linkedin)

or

Step by Step instructions:

1. Go to “Files” and the folder where you save “GMS folder that we downloaded earlier. Install “01- googlefier.apk”, unmark “Check apps from external source…” and check mark “Don’t ask again”, then click “ALLOW” and “INSTALL“ to continue the setup. Once, finished, select “OPEN” to open Googlefier.

2. Continue selecting “Next” until you see “Let’s Go”, then you will need to “ALLOW” multiple times.

3. Select the last option (Broom icon) to uninstall residual Google suite; once complete, RUN it again to ensure it is truly cleaned

4. Open your Task Manager and kill the Googlefier from background running

5. Go to HOME screen, run “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE” (if you did not delete the app earlier, you do not need to activate again); You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download),it will fail to download anything, ignore that as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen)

6. Go to “Googlefier” once again, select “01…” to install ”MicroG – Huawei Fix EloyGomezTV”。Check mark “Don’t ask again”, then click “ALLOW”, after finish installing, click “OPEN” and “Account”

7. The first time you click “Account” and “SIGN IN“” will fail to open, it is normal, click “Account” and “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL”X2 to return to Googlefier

8. If you have multiple google account, select “02 …” to login another account, and if you have more than 2 accounts, repeat the “02…”; otherwise “03 …” to continue the installation. Keep selecting “INSTALL” and “DONE“ (make sure select “DONE” and do NOT select “OPEN”) until you see the “Hint…” and click “OK”, you will be in “App info”, select “FORCE STOP ”(MicroG – Huawei Fix EloyGomezTV) and then “UNINSTALL”. **** IMPORTANT **** after finish uninstall, do NOT click "OK", and go back to main screen directly.

9. Go back to “Files”,Install “02-Gplay.apk”; if the “Turn On Play Protect” message pops up, select “Decline”

10. Go to “Settings”---“Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, turn on all the sync options; you should see at least 3 options to turn on. If you see only one or two options, restart this guide from the beginning, something is mis-aligned.

11. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo” ,click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”,select “Show system processes”,select “GoogleContacts Sync”----“FORCE STOP” then “UNINSTALL”

12. Back to “Files”, then install “03.Contacts Sync-29-v10”

13. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, you should be able to see the Last Synced time. As long as the time is after you start following the guide, then you are good to go. (If later on you find anything syncing issue, repeat step 10 – 13.)

14. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers,open “device id” once done,check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number

15. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ,click “FORCE STOP” then “UNINSTALL”

16. Go to “files” and install“04.GMS Fix.apk”

17. Go to main screen, close all apps and click on “Play Store”,check again if it can run properly (check only twice including step 30, but no more than this)

18. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”, click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework”----“FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---“CLEAR DATA”

**** IMPORTANT **** after “FORCE STOP” turns Grey, you need to goto “Storage” and finish “CLEAR DATA” within 3 secs; otherwise you will need to “FORCE STOP” again; after “CLEAR DATA”, you need to restart immediately. Otherwise, you will need to “FORCE STOP” and “CLEAR DATA” again.

19. Press the power button---Restart your device---after finish restarting, wait for AT LEAST 2 mins to ensure the startup is done before moving to the final steps

20. Goto DeviceID to check if GSF still exist, if NOT, goto Play Store and scroll up and down then check if GSF can show up again. If GSF is lost after 5 mins and after trying to trigger it run from Play Store, then you may need to restart this guide from the beginning. If GSF exists, go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”, click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVATE AND UNINSTALL”

21. Go to “Files” and install “05.GPlayServices2”

22. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done

23. If the Play protect error message pops up again after installing “05.GPlayServices2”; then restart the guide from the beginning again.

24. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine

25. GMS installation is done
    Thank you so much! you have made my day!!! its finally working... but no push :( do you have any recoomends how to fix it?

or

i hope this note helps.