• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FIX] Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Fastboot Windows 10

Search This thread

xamtra

Jan 4, 2014
Not in fastboot mode but in Normal mode, I was getting this same error on my Redmi Note 7 Pro, I tried almost all internet ideas then later I just restarted my mobile and it is working as it should. I hope it helps someone.

ky09240

Dec 26, 2011
27000,Jerantut,Pahang
First of all, I have a HTC Droid DNA. I was searching for about a year. Finally I got a solution for my problem and I know some of you are still out there with no solution.

The Fail Code is: Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

So I found a German solution where you have to go to regedit.

Step 1: You need to install the HTC drivers (Google, Samsung etc...) in the normal mode your PC will find your phone, but when you turn into Fastboot you get that error "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) "

Step 2: Make sure you see that error in your Device Manager under USB - Controller

Step 3: Open "regedit"

Step 4: Navigate to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags

Step 5: Create a new Key called

0BB40FF00100

Step 6: In that Key you create a Binary Value

Name: SkipBOSDescriptorQuery
Value: 01 00 00 00 (ignore the "0000" at the beginning)

Step 7: Reconnect the Phone and enjoy your FIX

I hope I helped you. I can just tell you that it worked for me. I m not sure if it works on all HTC devices.
I have been away of android and XDA for a long time, but i login to XDA again just to say THANK YOU for the fix, it worked on my windows 10 64 bit desktop trying to make fastboot work on my HTC DESIRE VC but bloody windows 10 keep giving me issues, i have tried on my ROG laptop at first but failed so i thought maybe using a desktop with USB 2.0 could help but i was wrong same code 10 usb error, after changing the registry it worked and identify it as android 1.0 device or something then update the driver into android adb and no more error, am gonna unlock bootloader now adios!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I have a HTC Droid DNA. I was searching for about a year. Finally I got a solution for my problem and I know some of you are still out there with no solution.

The Fail Code is: Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

So I found a German solution where you have to go to regedit.

Step 1: You need to install the HTC drivers (Google, Samsung etc...) in the normal mode your PC will find your phone, but when you turn into Fastboot you get that error "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) "

Step 2: Make sure you see that error in your Device Manager under USB - Controller

Step 3: Open "regedit"

Step 4: Navigate to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags

Step 5: Create a new Key called

0BB40FF00100

Step 6: In that Key you create a Binary Value

Name: SkipBOSDescriptorQuery
    Value: 01 00 00 00 (ignore the "0000" at the beginning)

Step 7: Reconnect the Phone and enjoy your FIX

I hope I helped you. I can just tell you that it worked for me. I m not sure if it works on all HTC devices.