• Yes

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 59.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

chuahcs79

Nov 20, 2013
Well I manage to fix my redmi 4x Volte on my Yes provide in malaysia by. This method though hope can helps you guys out. I did manage to unlock the bootloader first, then flash in custom twrp recovery via fast boot, erase all in advance under twrp before you flash any custom ROM, then continue flash custom ROM, after when it boot up first time, reboot back to twrp recovery, flash the modem .Bin from miui 8.2.9. your Volte will works after when your phone boot up. Just remember to make sure the modem u use is from miui 8.2.9/8.2.10.

RogueX09

Apr 7, 2017
Did not work, plz help!

So, Many users of custom roms users reported to have broken volte or volte not working while on roaming.
There was a workaround to turn off/on radio from engineering mode but it only lasted till a reboot.
After looking into the matter last night i found the feasible permanent solution for it. It'll be little long so bear with me. :D

After fiddling with every firmware and custom rom i found out the cause of volte breakdown was the IMS status being not registered for some reason. You guys can check in IMS status option in 3 dot menu inside the engineering mode(*#*#4636#*#*). IMS services are responsible for calling and sms services over lte network.

The fix is quite simple and just needs to add two separate access points for jio sim.
Under access points delete all apns present and add these two new apns:

1) Name- ims APN- ims APN type- ims APN protocol- IPv4/v6 APN roaming protocol- IPv4/v6
Save these settings ( this apn wont reflect in the list after saving, so dont worry if it doesnt show up)

2) Name- Jio Internet APN- jionet APN type- default APN protocol- IPv4/v6 APN roaming protocol- IPv4/v6
Do not change other values. Save this profile and select it.

Reboot once. Your volte should work flawlessly.
Hope it helps.
I'm using a Redmi Note 4 (mido) device. I flashed a Android 9.0 pixel experience rom and its working flawlessly except for the outgoing volte calls by jio. (The network isn't in roaming.)
I can recieve calls by the same sim but whenever I try calling the call abruptly ends.
I tried the solution that you suggested but it didn't work for me.
I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

antonfelix

May 10, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Life saving Post

Wow..Excellent. Your fix worked flawless..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

After updating miui10, volte didn't work - Incoming calls totally blocked for jio. Tried lot of options. Your input of adding another ims based access point did the trick. I was fiddling lot of options but not to avail anything..

Redmi 4 Prime

Last edited:

br@inmatr

Feb 9, 2011
Carrollton. Texas 75010
So, Many users of custom roms users reported to have broken volte or volte not working while on roaming.
There was a workaround to turn off/on radio from engineering mode but it only lasted till a reboot.
After looking into the matter last night i found the feasible permanent solution for it. It'll be little long so bear with me. :D

After fiddling with every firmware and custom rom i found out the cause of volte breakdown was the IMS status being not registered for some reason. You guys can check in IMS status option in 3 dot menu inside the engineering mode(*#*#4636#*#*). IMS services are responsible for calling and sms services over lte network.

The fix is quite simple and just needs to add two separate access points for jio sim.

1) Name- ims APN- ims APN type- ims APN protocol- IPv4/v6 APN roaming protocol- IPv4/v6
Save these settings ( this apn wont reflect in the list after saving, so dont worry if it doesnt show up)

2) Name- Jio Internet APN- jionet APN type- default APN protocol- IPv4/v6 APN roaming protocol- IPv4/v6

Hope it helps.
Do I also delete the APN that I'm currently using for my network (e.g.: MetroPCS)?

Vedant kengar

Jan 28, 2019
Can we use it for Airtel sim card turning on off

Can we use it for Airtel sim card turning on and off on pixel experience ROM on Redmi note 5/Redmi 5 plus

EPT-3

May 21, 2015
MOBILE DATA Not Working in Custom Roms in Roaming...!

Dear Users & Developers,

I'd like with the fewer words possible to address to you a strange behaviour of my custom ROM Redmi 4x...

1. The last 12 months I got it, Mobile Data never worked while in Roaming (Europe to Europe). Though not a big issue, I tried every thinkable method I know (just as a simple power user...) with no results on my custom "miuipro" ROM (miui 9, android v7.1.2 Beta). Only some custom ROMs like LineageOS and dotOS did offer me Mobile Data while in Roaming...
2. First of all, NOT any SIM problem. In another phone, mobile data is up & running... (but no VoLTE cos my carrier does not support it)
3. The strange thing: The "network test" (part of the "Security" suite of miui 9) reports always "your mobile data cannot be used in roaming". However, I did manage (by experimenting with granting more permissions in AFWall+ application) to get K-9 Mail functioning quite well except when it comes a 8080 connection for opening a link in Browser (the connection never get established). I was wondering if I messed things up with my AFWall+ firewall and santoni΄s in-build firewall settings or if something happens with port 80 and browsing. Furthermore, I repeatedly used commands like "settings -c put global data_roaming 1" from terminal as root (not adb) without any success. Needless to say that while in Roaming, voice/sms and wifi are perfectly working...
4. When I got the idea to study the recovery reports, I discovered in the build.prop file the entries ro.com.android.mobiledata & ro.com.android.dataroaming as "FALSE" but I don΄t think this as an issue, since with the same readings I get always Mobile Data (in my country).
5. The Last and confusing part: Recently I tried 2 other miui 10 custom ROMs (one Global and one miuipro) keeping a backup image of my current ROM (with RedWolf custom recovery). It was then I realised 2 strange things: (a) when I restored that backup image by RedWolf I totally lost Mobile Data (being in my country). I was thinking that something may happened with partitions and when I did a clean install of my favour "miuipro" ROM (miui 9, android v7.1.2 Beta) I did and does have Mobile Data again! (I restored my data from both miui backup and Titanium). (b) However, starting again to search for a solution by ADB/terminal wayouts I came up with link https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/77008/modify-settings-parameters-through-database and an astonishing conclusion: I never realised that I DO NOT have/see any .db folders (and files inside) in my /data/data folders for system apps, especially in "com.android.providers.settings", where Roaming settings are stored... The particular folder contains only EMPTY "cache" and "code_cashe" subfolders. The same for "com.android.providers.telephony", "com.android.provider.proxyhandler" and so on.

This is my problem so far, simple to check it from scratch but I failed so many months to realise...
I΄m thinking to start reviewing my older image backups just to check if the .db folders/subfolders are included there...
Last piece of info, my original miui version of the phone (6.0.1/MMB29M/v8.5.4.0.MAMCNED did NOT get Mobile Data Roaming as well.

But basically, I΄m in your hands, if any colleauge, poweruser, developer reads and has something to say... and thank you in advance!

Reactions: abhayasood

abhi38203

Sep 10, 2018
Asansol
i too had the same problem ..the apn setting didnt work.
also i had flashed a volte modem
but then i flashed another volte modem zip and it worked! :angel:Btw i am using yu yuphoria. and the volte modem should be selected carefully as it needs to be compatible with the rom u r using ... in my case i am on dot os 2.4 which is 64bit.
Lastly , nobody is 100% sure coz it has its own risks so beware!

Last edited:
U

uhhhSquare

Nothing working. Calls, Mobile data etc. Redmi 4x. Airtel Network

Hi, I recently installed pixel experience rom on my redmi 4x. I've been using this rom since it came out basically. Everything was fine but on this one i cant use mobile data at all also cant call anyone and they cant call me, says "Out of coverage". I'm currently on this PixelExperience_santoni-9.0-20190508-1047-OFFICIAL.zip rom (Can't post outside links)
LI79fUL
. Also IMS is not registered, I'm on airtel network.
Pls help. Thanks

yuyutsu

Dec 11, 2016
got a fix

not working.
please help me.
volte active.
network support.
but it does not work.
I also tried it with apn.
location turkey.

open apn setting. change apn type to ims. wait for volte to show. if not showing on/off to flight mode. then again change apn to default. volte and data working together again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope it helps.
    Dude you are life saver for me... ??
    Working flawlessly now... But one thing i wanna ask why this problem is specific to some devices what we have done wrong..? Not everyone have to try this method as thier volte is working fine...
    And should i need to repeat this process whenever i switch to new custom rom In future..?
    Happy to help. ? Didn't sleep last night for this. ?
    I am also wondering to why its happening to specific users. I think its happening to users having jio in roaming only.
    If volte doesn't work on switching to new rom then you can repeat this process. I'll say its a one time investment. ?
    Then check the ims status from engineering mode. Dial *#*#4636#*#* and choose phone information and from 3 dot menu select ims status. What does it say?

No option to check ims status.
    Dude you are life saver for me... ??
    Working flawlessly now... But one thing i wanna ask why this problem is specific to some devices what we have done wrong..? Not everyone have to try this method as thier volte is working fine...
    And should i need to repeat this process whenever i switch to new custom rom In future..?
    Hahaha.. Really better than that annoying engineering mode n all... well, really appreciate your hardwork....??
    Thanks dude. Enjoy.