(FIX) VoLTE stopped working in latest MIUI stable/dev?

Search This thread

chuahcs79

Nov 20, 2013
Well I manage to fix my redmi 4x Volte on my Yes provide in malaysia by. This method though hope can helps you guys out. I did manage to unlock the bootloader first, then flash in custom twrp recovery via fast boot, erase all in advance under twrp before you flash any custom ROM, then continue flash custom ROM, after when it boot up first time, reboot back to twrp recovery, flash the modem .Bin from miui 8.2.9. your Volte will works after when your phone boot up. Just remember to make sure the modem u use is from miui 8.2.9/8.2.10.

andro.ide

Mar 2, 2019
Karawang
Well I manage to fix my redmi 4x Volte on my Yes provide in malaysia by. This method though hope can helps you guys out. I did manage to unlock the bootloader first, then flash in custom twrp recovery via fast boot, erase all in advance under twrp before you flash any custom ROM, then continue flash custom ROM, after when it boot up first time, reboot back to twrp recovery, flash the modem .Bin from miui 8.2.9. your Volte will works after when your phone boot up. Just remember to make sure the modem u use is from miui 8.2.9/8.2.10.
I'm using CusRom Havoc Android 10. How do I use your way with this device that has CusRom installed? I also want to enable this native volte for smartfren providers in Indonesia where I am.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a Redmi 4x which when shipped had 8.2 MIUI version (Before some 3 months). That time I checked using Jio and VoLTE worked fine. Then, My mother was using it and now after certain auto updates it was on MIUI v8.5.4.0. I had ported her no to Jio (4G only network), and now VoLTE didn't work at all. I tried flashing Latest MM firmware. I even clean flashed MIUI9 Dev and even then VoLTE didn't work. Always IMS will not at all register (Checked via Phone info). I hence declared somehow Jio network block listed 4x (other countries models) but LTE used to work fine. Out of all hope, I tried Official RR with its own recommended FW and even then VoLTE was down..!! I even changed Device model (Redmi 4x to Redmi 4), still it was in vain. Even tried adding IMS in default AP. Some suggestion to Choose Home IMSI in SIM Toolkit will also not work because latest Jio SIM doesn't ship with SIM Toolkit option at all!!!

After full frustration and wasting one full day, I thought I should change the phone. But somehow suddenly it struck to try fastboot flash the oldest MIUI8 which device was booting initially. So after trying that, Voilaaaa! 1st time seeing VoLTE after long hours and late at night !!!

Somehow Now I flashed latest stable 8.5.4 MIUI and it also has VoLTE working. Even in custom ROMs VOLTE now is working. So yeah just to share my learning, to help people who are having tough time with VoLTE..! :highfive::highfive:
    I'm Confused.....Pliz Help.
    Hi., I unlocked bootloader and I used fastboot method to go back to prev version. Once the volte worked, MIUI9 also got VoLTE working. So try clean flashing latest MiUi and VoLTE would still work...
    By clean flashing do u mean fastboot method or update.zip recovery method.....
    U see I'm confused as there are many forms of flashing so it fastboot method with miflash right!!.
    Ok I will try to download this fastboot stable rom for miui 9.... let's see how it goes.

I meant only Fastboot method. Give it try and tell us if it works..
    I meant only Fastboot method. Give it try and tell us if it works..

So I tried and guess what it didn't work. Volte is confirmed to be working only in marshmallow miui8 and as we try to jump to nougat miui9 volte just doesn't work. So i flashed back to marshmallow and then did ota update ( minor 350mb update) which is still Android 6 and volte still works now I get ota update for miui 9 but I'm not willing to jump the gun anymore......
    Maybe if I do ota update to miui9 after getting volte maybe it could miraculously get it's volte back but having flashed the phone multiple times and since I need to use this phone I'm gonna stop here so we'll never know if volte is ever gonna work in miui9 via ota...
    Btw even if I got volte back the gyro and screen rotation is not working both in the old marshmallow and in the recently updated ota marshmallow. So playing some gyro games and having the gallery to open pics in auto rotate is out of the question.
    I even tried flashing persist.img via both fastboot and miflash method & while it didn't allow me to erase and write the persist.img even though my bootloader is unlocked in fastboot method. I did managed to flash it via miflash tool after editing some .bat files via notepad++ so that I only flash the persist.img and not the whole rom.
    There's a whole tutorial about this too on Google and guess what again this methods didn't do anything and I have both gyro and auto rotate not functioning.
    It will function in miui 9 but in that version we'll know that volte doesn't work so....
    My only conclusion is that without Xiaomi dev patching it out there's just no way this bug can be solved by simple flashing as in either form of the OS one ends up sacrificing one function or the other.
    Btw thanks for replying, helping and hearing me out...
    Really appreciate it.
    It will function in miui 9 but in that version we'll know that volte doesn't work so....
    My only conclusion is that without Xiaomi dev patching it out there's just no way this bug can be solved by simple flashing as in either form of the OS one ends up sacrificing one function or the other.
    Btw thanks for replying, helping and hearing me out...
    Really appreciate it.
    This whole VoLTE concept more or less isnt as reliable as legacy 2g/3G calls. Even yesterday for some wierd reason, VoLTE in this phone didn't work. I swapped SIM to another VoLTE where it didn't work on it too. I just let it for half day after which it started working. There isn't one proper way when on rooted phones, to easily get VoLTE related log data, so that we can try fixing the rootcause. Anyways I'm glad somehow you are able to manage...