[FIX] WhatsApp calls(And other voip services)

Search This thread

iG0tB0lts

Aug 4, 2012
Goa
www.sites.google.com
Hi there, I recently fixed this problem wherein whenever I placed a call, through WhatsApp, Hike, Razer, etc., the person on the receiving end would not be able to hear me however if they called me, I could hear them perfectly. After some research on this problem, I found a solution which worked perfectly for me (I'm currently running CM11 latest build).

So first things first, install ES File Explorer or any other root explorer(I used CM's file explorer for this)
1. Browse to /system/
2. open build.prop with an editor
3. Search for two lines:
use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true

4. Change both of the above to ' =false '
5. It should now work :)
6. Don't forget to reboot!

For me, personally, by changing the 1st one to false worked for Hike, but for WhatsApp I had to change the second one to false also.

Last edited:

cainacg

Dec 31, 2014
I was using Mokee Open Source (CM12/5.0.2) and that thing of no voice in whatsapp happened to me, the person in the other side just hear noises, but i clearly hear the person. I will flash back another CM12 rom and will try this, if it fix i will tell. Thanks.

Satfoun

Feb 20, 2015
I too am on CM12.1 and like the previous user had said, there is
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip
If there isn't try flashing another ROM maybe? Or search for similar lines and try changing them to false.

No there isnt even that line....annnd i guess im fine with my current ROM i dnt want to flash another thnk u ^-^

Reactions: Vinny1500

pedro scott

Aug 9, 2013
Kingstown
Hi there, I recently fixed this problem wherein whenever I placed a call, through WhatsApp, Hike, Razer, etc., the person on the receiving end would not be able to hear me however if they called me, I could hear them perfectly. After some research on this problem, I found a solution which worked perfectly for me (I'm currently running CM11 latest build).

So first things first, install ES File Explorer or any other root explorer(I used CM's file explorer for this)
1. Browse to /system/
3. Search for two lines:
use.dedicated.device.for.viop=true

For me, personally, by changing the 1st one to false worked for Hike, but for WhatsApp I had to change the second one to false also.

Am using CM 11 M12 on LG e980 and I didnt see the lines in build.prop so I added them at the end. i saved and reboot, nothing happened, same problems, not hearing on whatapp nor viber.

Rivu78905

Mar 17, 2015
Not Working

Hi There am using Moto G and Cm12.1 I don't have that frdt line but I do have that second line and changed it to False as u said but Not working..........

SUPhw

Jul 27, 2014

1. Browse to /system/
3. Search for two lines:
use.dedicated.device.for.viop=true

Hi my whatsapp-call is not working and apparently because of a voip setup error. I followed the instructions and went into the build.properties in edit mode. But the lines are not there...in fact nothing about voip. I have an LG P500 android 4.0.4 oxygen . Can you please help?

Reactions: HeyArnie

iG0tB0lts

Aug 4, 2012
Goa
www.sites.google.com
There is no such line in cm 12.1

Add both the lines, with the fase value, and don't forget to *reboot*!

Am using CM 11 M12 on LG e980 and I didnt see the lines in build.prop so I added them at the end. i saved and reboot, nothing happened, same problems, not hearing on whatapp nor viber.

I'm not sure I can help you with that, you might have to ask the developer?

Hi There am using Moto G and Cm12.1 I don't have that frdt line but I do have that second line and changed it to False as u said but Not working..........

Add both the lines, change to false, and *reboot*

Hi my whatsapp-call is not working and apparently because of a voip setup error. I followed the instructions and went into the build.properties in edit mode. But the lines are not there...in fact nothing about voip. I have an LG P500 android 4.0.4 oxygen . Can you please help?

Try adding both the lines, change it to false, save, and *reboot*

i need to ask, is that a typo ?

Haha yes thanks, corrected ;)

SUPhw

Jul 27, 2014
Thank you for helping out. I added both lines. First with the ES editor and then a file editor but it refuses to save. Can you please advise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Browse to /system/
    3. Search for two lines:
    use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true

6. Don't forget to reboot!

Couldnt find the lines

Well and what if i cannot find any of those 2 lines?
    i ma using Cm12.1 for my Galaxy S2 i9100
    Well and what if i cannot find any of those 2 lines?
    i ma using Cm12.1 for my Galaxy S2 i9100
    If there isn't try flashing another ROM maybe? Or search for similar lines and try changing them to false.
    On Hyperdrive-os5.1 edited so.
    use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip false
    Work well thank you.

No there isnt even that line....annnd i guess im fine with my current ROM i dnt want to flash another thnk u ^-^