[FIX] Wifi dropping on Gingerbread Sense ROMs

capychimp

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
At home
A lot of people have been asking me for this so hopefully this will satisfy everyone.

If you don't already know, HTC programmed their Gingerbread ROMs to drop wifi connections if the signal falls below -88dBm. I'm not sure why they did that because -88dBm is a perfectly usable signal. With this fix, your wifi connection won't drop until the signal falls below -108dBm.

Select the correct version for your ROM and flash through Clockwork Recovery.

If you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
thx man nice to put it in a thread for all

Reactions: itsme_4ucz

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
A lot of people have been asking me for this so hopefully this will satisfy everyone.

If you don't already know, HTC programmed their Gingerbread ROMs to drop wifi connections if the signal falls below -88dBm. I'm not sure why they did that because -88dBm is a perfectly usable signal. With this fix, your wifi connection won't drop until the signal falls below -108dBm.

Select the correct version for your ROM and flash through Clockwork Recovery.

If you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
Fixes rolling out like pearls. Developers in this section are very fast
Thank you!

amm009uk

Jul 14, 2007
Dhahran
100% confirmation

I can tell you I've been thinking something is wrong for weeks didn't realise it was caused by me moving to GB. This fix works 100% I'm back on wireless where I get a real weak signal in the office.

Thanks man!!!!:D

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
I can tell you I've been thinking something is wrong for weeks didn't realise it was caused by me moving to GB. This fix works 100% I'm back on wireless where I get a real weak signal in the office.

Thanks man!!!!:D
I noticed it immediately when I first flashed a Gingerbread Sense ROM a few weeks ago. My router is in my basement so wifi was practically unusable in some areas of my house. I spent a whole day researching, looking through code, and trying everything under the sun (including changing settings on my router lol) just to get this fixed. I've actually had the fix for a couple weeks now but just recently realized that all Gingerbread Sense ROMs have the issue.

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
ye i know that much but is it possible that its dropping while its downloading and thats y its taking so long? i have the most expensive internet in my area and never seen it take this long to dl a 250 mb file
You tell me. If it drops you'll see the wifi indicator go away and the 3G/H data indicator pop up.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone