[FIX] Wireless N on Evo 4.24.651.1 and 4.53.651.1 ROM

vasiaeva

Jan 6, 2011
When I can fine write kernel? With 2.6.35.10 18-2 #1 kernel didn't work I got tons of errors WiFi tether didn't work at all ??

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
I hex edit the nmode. Since HTC is in violation of the GPL by not posting the kernel source there isn't a whole lot that can be done with it atm.
Their response to me in email was that they have 60-90 days to post source... And thanks for the reply, had to check if there was some additional hex editing that could be done

Last edited:

jagxj220

Sep 16, 2010
Orlando
Okay, so those having WiFi errors, you need to fix the permissions. Change the permission to rw-r--r--, and reboot to finalize. Fixed the error right away.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G. EVOke - (v.) - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDev

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
Okay, so those having WiFi errors, you need to fix the permissions. Change the permission to rw-r--r--, and reboot to finalize. Fixed the error right away.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G. EVOke - (v.) - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic.
Whoops. Forgot to include that direction. I do that every time I move stuff into the system partition and I do it so often, its become muscle memory by now.

I will add it to the directions. Thank you for reminding me.

jjgrantham

Aug 9, 2010
Excellent work guys. Thank you so much. I still can't believe they killed 'N' with this update....

Sent from my EVO 4G awaiting some good rootage....

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Try this with the CWM v3+. This is a Edify script it should work. The driver is the same one from the original post.

UPDATE 2011_0712 12:27 pm

The attached zip has been updated and should be working now Sorry about the formatting issues with Edify there are two ways of formatting one with two variables and one with three variables. It should work now. I have tested the formatting part on my Evo now and everything runs fine for me. Again let me know if there are any problems. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
Try this with the CWM v3+. This is a Edify script it should work. The driver is the same one from the original post.
Thank you. I have added it to the main post and credited you for it. Have you tested it?

Also, updated main post with list of compatible ROMs. I will continually add to the list as I find out what is compatible.

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Thank you. I have added it to the main post and credited you for it. Have you tested it?

Also, updated main post with list of compatible ROMs. I will continually add to the list as I find out what is compatible.
Sorry I am running CM7 so I am unable to test it. I built the script off of my other scripts that I currently use myself. If it has trouble let me know and I will rewrite it.

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
----Compatible ROMs----
This fix has been confirmed as working on the following ROMs:
-Stock 4.24 ROM deodexed (linked to above)
-Synergy RC1
-Fresh Evo 4.2

----NOTICE----
This fix is for 4.24 sense based ROMs only using the HTC #1 kernel. The driver is kernel specfic. If you or your ROM uses a custom kernel, do NOT flash this. It will break your wifi.

It will NOT work on CM7/ASOP ROMs at all. Do NOT flash this onto a non-sense ROM. If I recall correctly, CM7 should already have Wifi N support build into the ROM. (Let me know if this isn't the case and I will look into it. EDIT: Confirmed, ASOP/CM7 has N support built in.)
Is there a way to change this back and forth? I use both CM7 and Stock Sense.