[FIX] Wireless N on Evo 4.24.651.1 and 4.53.651.1 ROM

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
Is there a way to change this back and forth? I use both CM7 and Stock Sense.
CM7 already has 802.11n support in the ROM. This fix is unnecessary for CM7 users and does not work on CM7 anyway.

If you are using the Stock sense ROM (assuming the one linked in the first post), then you need to flash the provided zip.

Once you do, you will get 802.11n support. If you switch to another ROM, you will lose this fix. If you NANDROID your stock sense ROM after applying this fix, but before flashing to CM7, then will the fix will be a part of that NANDROID and you will get it back after restoring that NANDROID.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
CM7 already has 802.11n support in the ROM. This fix is unnecessary for CM7 users and does not work on CM7 anyway.

If you are using the Stock sense ROM (assuming the one linked in the first post), then you need to flash the provided zip.

Once you do, you will get 802.11n support. If you switch to another ROM, you will lose this fix. If you NANDROID your stock sense ROM after applying this fix, but before flashing to CM7, then will the fix will be a part of that NANDROID and you will get it back after restoring that NANDROID.

Hope that helps clarify things.
Perfect, thanks.

jjchdc

Oct 4, 2009
Kansas City
SSID

I can conform this works on the newest Caulkin, but I cannot get it to connect when i have the SSID broadcast turned off even though plaything matches up. It DOES work when in broadcast mode though. Has anyone had any success with broadcast off?

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
This will work on any rom that uses the kernel from the ota, since there is no open source for it yet, you have no worries yet of mods that might break

skylar.sutton

Aug 28, 2007
Akron, OH
Sorry I am running CM7 so I am unable to test it. I built the script off of my other scripts that I currently use myself. If it has trouble let me know and I will rewrite it.
Thanks for trying. I just tested it and it failed to install. Pretty sure it said the error code was 7... The error message was complaining that "format ()" was expecting 3 args and only getting 2.

Reactions: Smurph82

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for trying. I just tested it and it failed to install. Pretty sure it said the error code was 7... The error message was complaining that "format ()" was expecting 3 args and only getting 2.
I will fix that asap sorry.

UPDATE 2011_0712 12:27 pm

The attached zip has been updated and should be working now Sorry about the formatting issues with Edify there are two ways of formatting one with two variables and one with three variables. It should work now. I have tested the formatting part on my Evo now and everything runs fine for me. Again let me know if there are any problems. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDev

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Update script file

MultiDev

I have had to update the script because of cleaning the Cache issue. Please add the newly attached zip file that I have tested this time to the main post. Sorry about that. Let me know if there are any other problems.

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Please download the new zip file attached to my post only I have sent MultiDev a message to update the original post but the zip attached to my previous two post is new and I have tested on my Evo. Let me know if there is anything else.

techn1

Oct 3, 2009
midwest
any one having camera issues

hi i reflash my evo to the stock rom 4.24 before it had CM7 everything works but my camera just wondering if any one has had this issue and is there a fix

Last edited:

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
Please download the new zip file attached to my post only I have sent MultiDev a message to update the original post but the zip attached to my previous two post is new and I have tested on my Evo. Let me know if there is anything else.
Done. Thank you so much.

obperryo

May 15, 2010
Franklin
I tried both methods and all three files, including setting permissions. I kept getting Error for wifi.

So, what worked for me - I restored my backup, used method 2 and Wipe dalvik cache and cache with RA.

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
I tried both methods and all three files, including setting permissions. I kept getting Error for wifi.

So, what worked for me - I restored my backup, used method 2 and Wipe dalvik cache and cache with RA.
Ok I think I found the problem. It was a permission problem. I created the Edify script from the Amend script in the original post. The problem is the Amend script is not setting the permissions. So when I added that part to the Edify script I was looking at the wrong driver file as the one in the zip file has the incorrect permissions. I have located the driver file in my Evo and update the Edify script to match what is already in my phone. Sorry for the the mistake. Please download the new attached version from my post until MultiDev can update the original post thanks.

MultiDev

Dec 17, 2010
Ok I think I found the problem. It was a permission problem. I created the Edify script from the Amend script in the original post. The problem is the Amend script is not setting the permissions. So when I added that part to the Edify script I was looking at the wrong driver file as the one in the zip file has the incorrect permissions. I have located the driver file in my Evo and update the Edify script to match what is already in my phone. Sorry for the the mistake. Please download the new attached version from my post until MultiDev can update the original post thanks.
Updated. Thanks again.

That was interesting problem though. The amend version does not require the setting of permissions. The zip (or recovery) automatically set the permissions on all the Evo's I tested it on.

Smurph82

Mar 17, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Updated. Thanks again.

That was interesting problem though. The amend version does not require the setting of permissions. The zip (or recovery) automatically set the permissions on all the Evo's I tested it on.
if you want I can remove the permission part all together and see if that runs correctly. From what obperryo said neither one of your or my scripts would run. I thought it funny as well. If I get time tonight I will do some more testing. But i am at a lost. The only thing I know left to do is remove the set permissions from the Edify script and try it again. I have never had the permission set automatically for me before.

Last edited:

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
I have a netgear dual band modem and router. When I flashed the zip in my wireless networks I can still only detect the 2.4Ghz g network, not the 5Ghz n.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App