• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Fix with adb] Disable black bar on 10.0.1 keyboard

Search This thread

titanreign

Nov 1, 2012
wm overscan reports unknown command on a11 oos 11.0.1.1 on op7 pro. The magisk module worked. Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread and sharing the module.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! For those who struggle with this problem on android 10.0.1. The black bar on keyboard, you can type this on adb: adb shell wm overscan 0,0,0,-75 and bar will be gone! :D. For rooted users you can just type wm overscan 0,0,0,-75 on terminal.

Default value is 0,0,0,0
    Thanks mate!

Made a video about it. It's important more people find out.

Hi! For those who struggle with this problem on android 10.0.1. The black bar on keyboard, you can type this on adb: adb shell wm overscan 0,0,0,-100 and bar will be gone! :D. For rooted users you can just type wm overscan 0,0,0,-100 on terminal.

Default value is 0,0,0,0

There's a LOT of people who won't see this that want to. It needs to be broadcast EVERYWHERE!!!
    For anyone rooted I recommend using Tasker to create profiles for this ADB command.. I have mine setup to run the command wm overscan 0,0,0,-100 when my phone is in portrait mode and then 0,0,0,0 when in landscape. This solves any landscape UI issues and keeps the command active throughout reboots.
    This one in the terminal did the trick for me :

#su
    #wm overscan 0,0,0,-75

Many thanks for the tips