• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fixed AcerRing (portrait & landscape view)

Search This thread

lgcmn

Apr 25, 2010
hi all,

just fixed AcerRing.apk..
AcerRing2.jpg
AcerRing1.jpg

flash via recovery or push AcerRing.apk from archive to /system/app..

!!work only if u got AcerRing before - won't work on stock firmware!!

enjoy..

Attachments

• AcerRing1.jpg
    AcerRing1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 633
  • AcerRing2.jpg
    AcerRing2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 586
  • lgcmn_A100_AcerRing_FIX.zip
    459.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

utctigers

Jul 2, 2008
Columbia, SC
I running flexreeper(civato, thx man), will this change the mods I have installed for my acer ring? Thanks

Edit: it worked and didn't change any mods to ring
Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Last edited:

bidniss

Dec 15, 2010
hi all,

AcerRing2.jpg
AcerRing1.jpg

enjoy..
When I attempt to change the settings on the Acer Ring, it gives the message, "Unfortunately Settings has stopped working" and goes back to the home screen. Will this patch fix that issue as well?
I wanted to find out before I sued a tool to flash it to the tablet. Thanks for your assistance!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
When I attempt to change the settings on the Acer Ring, it gives the message, "Unfortunately Settings has stopped working" and goes back to the home screen. Will this patch fix that issue as well?
I wanted to find out before I sued a tool to flash it to the tablet. Thanks for your assistance!

It replaces the ring. It may or may not fix that issue, but try wiping dalvik and cache and fix permissions. Should stop that error.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

bidniss

Dec 15, 2010
It replaces the ring. It may or may not fix that issue, but try wiping dalvik and cache and fix permissions. Should stop that error.

Thanks pio_masaki, but that didn't resolve it. I opened a support case with Acer and of course they suggested their standard, "Factory Reset" which I didn't do because this has been an issue since I opened the box!
According to Acer, they haven't seen others with this issue, but i have seen some posts where people were having the issue. I told Acer if they didn't have anything other than "busy work" suggestions, I would leave the tablet as is. I am not going send it in for them to dink around with! :)
If anyone else has any suggestions, I am certainly open to them and thanks!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Thanks pio_masaki, but that didn't resolve it. I opened a support case with Acer and of course they suggested their standard, "Factory Reset" which I didn't do because this has been an issue since I opened the box!
According to Acer, they haven't seen others with this issue, but i have seen some posts where people were having the issue. I told Acer if they didn't have anything other than "busy work" suggestions, I would leave the tablet as is. I am not going send it in for them to dink around with! :)
If anyone else has any suggestions, I am certainly open to them and thanks!

The a100 doesn't have a ring, so they can't help you with it.
You also can't really expect them to help on a custom rom either I'm surprised they even tried unless you didn't mention it was on a custom rom.

Sadly a reset is about all you can do now. Redownload the rom wipe EVERYTHING and flash. Or live with the error lol. Oh actually try deleting the Acer ring data then wipe cache dalvik and fix permissions. See if that helps. Does the ring work but the settings FC or the ring itself doesn't work?

bidniss

Dec 15, 2010
The a100 doesn't have a ring, so they can't help you with it.
You also can't really expect them to help on a custom rom either I'm surprised they even tried unless you didn't mention it was on a custom rom.

Sadly a reset is about all you can do now. Redownload the rom wipe EVERYTHING and flash. Or live with the error lol. Oh actually try deleting the Acer ring data then wipe cache dalvik and fix permissions. See if that helps. Does the ring work but the settings FC or the ring itself doesn't work?

My tablet is an Iconia A510, the new one. I tried deleting the Acer Ring, apk using Root Explorer and I wasn't allowed to change the permissions on the system\app files. I am running the stock ICS that came on the tablet, but I am, of course, rooted with a Custom Recovery :)
yes, the Ring does work, but the settings cannot be changed because of the FC issue. Since this was an issue right out of the box before I ever rooted or did anything, I'll live with the error until I can come up with some sort of fix.
Thanks you for your suggestions. They gave me a couple of things to try anyway!-Be blessed!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
My tablet is an Iconia A510, the new one. I tried deleting the Acer Ring, apk using Root Explorer and I wasn't allowed to change the permissions on the system\app files. I am running the stock ICS that came on the tablet, but I am, of course, rooted with a Custom Recovery :)
yes, the Ring does work, but the settings cannot be changed because of the FC issue. Since this was an issue right out of the box before I ever rooted or did anything, I'll live with the error until I can come up with some sort of fix.
Thanks you for your suggestions. They gave me a couple of things to try anyway!-Be blessed!

Oh lol I figured this being a a100 forum it was an a100 my bad. Sorry it didn't help out more. And I just saw where you said a510...wow /facepalm

bidniss

Dec 15, 2010
Oh lol I figured this being a a100 forum it was an a100 my bad. Sorry it didn't help out more. And I just saw where you said a510...wow /facepalm

Hey, my bad too! I didn't pay attention to which forum I was on! I happened upon the thread from a Google search. Sorry for any confusion or posting to the wrong place. :)

pakisan

Jan 30, 2012
if u have root u need to flash the zip, add to /system/buid.prop these lines:
acer.shell.mode=ENABLED
acer.shell.launcher.mode=ANDROID
acer.shell.contacts.mode=ENABLED

and reboot;)

I would like to thank the authors of this discussion, following your advice I was able to activate Acer Ring on my A100 with stock rom 4.0.3, attach screen. THANK YOU, it's beautiful.
This discussion should be raised, such a beautiful mod is not added by Acer but lgcmn, you are a great.
Ring%20Stock%20Acer.png

Last edited:

pakisan

Jan 30, 2012
I installed the fix Acer Ring dell'A100 on the stock rom, and it works well! I also downloaded the 1.0.2 update, however, is hard to see, it has a great view too, not that I would know the fix also help to make the new version?

Inviato dal mio A100 con Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all,

AcerRing2.jpg
    AcerRing1.jpg

enjoy..
    Work on Ics stock?

Inviato dal mio A100 con Tapatalk 2

if u have root u need to flash the zip, add to /system/buid.prop these lines:
    acer.shell.mode=ENABLED
    acer.shell.launcher.mode=ANDROID
    acer.shell.contacts.mode=ENABLED

and reboot;)