How To Guide [NO DATA LOSS]Two ways to root OPPO A5s (CPH1909)+ Unlock bootloader after security update ( without downgrading )

Did this guide help you ?

• yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I'm reading it

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I'm doing the steps !

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jimenezshown

Sep 14, 2020
@Zezo 089 Somehow I managed to enter in BROM mode, using the driver provided in MTK Client Tool (usbdisk driver x64 and MTK Driver) so it was the driver after all. I will proceed to next step after I do a full backup. 😄, Other thing though, if I ever bricked my phone, can I still recover it easily? I already tried rooting other phones before but I'm still not confident so I ask you this just for a peace of mind. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: ZG089▼

jimenezshown

Sep 14, 2020
1a.JPG

Update: I'm on a last step already but this time, I got this error. 😔

Last edited:

jimenezshown

Sep 14, 2020

Anonymous V

Jan 16, 2021
Phillippines
  • Love
Reactions: jimenezshown

Anonymous V

Jan 16, 2021
Phillippines
Hello !
I've discovered a new way to root oppo a5s ( CPH1909) after the new security update which removed the mtk-easy-su root
(NOTE : YOU WILL REQUIRE :
1- THE LATEST FRIMWARE UPDATE TO OPPO A5S
2- A PC / Laptop
3- MTK Client Tool -link will be sent here in comments <uploaded by me>
4 -
mediatek driver auto installer (link is provided)
5 - SP flash tool <link is provided>
6 - a usb cable
6 - Scatter File (WILL BE UPLOADED HERE IN COMMENTS )
7 - Magisk Manager for your phone (v.26) <from github>
8 - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER USING MTK CLIENT TOOL (No data wipe needed + STEPS WILL BE PROVIDED HERE TOO)
9 - ( optional) MCT MTK BYPASS REV4 ( BUT DOWNLOAD IT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM FLASHING IN SP FLASH TOOL) + <link is provided>

NOTE BEFORE STARTING : If links have problems or it is inaccessible , please tell me to send new links in comments .
also , MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION (A.46) BECAUSE IF YOU FLASHED THE BOOT.IMG (you will know what does this file do here later ) WHICH IT IS FOR THE LATEST UPDATE AND YOUR DEVICE IS OLDER THAN IT , YOUR DEVICE MAY BRICK , AND I AM NOT RESPNSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR YOUR DEVICE
but , if anything happens , tell me , i might help you .

So , let's start :)

STAGE 1 : PATCHING BOOT.IMG

1 - download the latest frimware here
2 - choose the latest version (a.46)
3 - after downloading and extracting the file , you will find many folders > Enter the folder (frimware) , find and copy the boot.img file to your phone
4- patch it by magisk manager
5 - copy the patched boot.img ( usually located in Downloads folder in your phone)to your pc ( note : you will need it later :))
6 - replace the patched boot.img with the original one in the folder you have extracted the rom in ( but before it, please backup the original one in an external folder , and also change the patched boot.img to ( "boot.img")
Note : I can upload the boot.img file if you want to save time instead of downloading the whole rom !

STAGE 2 : Installing MEDIATEK usb Drivers

7- open Mediatek driver auto installer
8 - while the program is opening , a window appears which asks yo if you allow the installer to make changes ... blabla , just click allow ( ok)

STAGE 3 : UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

(NOTE BEFORE STARTING : THERE IS NO DATA WILL BE LOST , AND DO NOT ENABLE THE OEM UNLOCK IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS , THE MTK CLIENT TOOL WILL GIVE AN ERROR DURING UNLOCKING , JUST KEEP IT DISABLED !!!!)

8 - After the program installed the drivers , go to MTK CLIENT TOOL , choose the device name ("OPPO A5S") , choose " UNLOCK BOOTLOADER"View attachment 5914265
9 - turn your phone off , and then press these keys (" VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN <<in the same time>> ") and plug your phone in using the usb cable , once you hear a sound from your pc ( the usb connection sound) , you can stop pressing , because the phone is in BROM mode ( which you can flash anything but when you unlock the bootloader first :)
10 - click "Start" button in MTK CLIENT TOOL in your pc , when you see messages appear on the right of the MTK CLIENT TOOL APP , DON'T UNPLUG YOUR PHONE !!!!

When the progress bar achieves 100% in the program , unplug your phone and press power button , if you found a warning message while booting , so , unfortunately....
YOU SUCCESSFULLY UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER !!!!! XD
So , do not panic if it appears !
The message will say (" your device is unlocked and cannot be trusted , rebooting in 5 seconds ") and then another message appears (" dm-verity error,
Your android system / device is corrupted, please select whether you want to boot in E10 mode or RESTART mode
")
It will give you two choices , you SHOULD choose the RESTART mode by pressing VOLUME DOWN , and tadaaaa your phone is booting normally and the data DIDN'T LOST AT ALL ( like me :)

BIG ULTRA NOTE : IF THE WARNING MESSAGE DIDN'T APPEAR , SO YOUR BOOTLOADER ISN'T UNLOCKED Successfully , I ADVICE YOU TO DO THE STAGE 3 STEPS AGAIN AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE MESSAGES APPEARANCE ON THE RIGHT OF THE MTK CLIENT TOOOOL ( IF IT SHOWS THE DEVICE MODEL , THE PROCESSOR , ETC ) SO , CONTINUE THE STEPS UNTIL YOU FINISH STAGE 3 STEPS !

STAGE 4 ( optional) : BYPASS

Note
: you might need this stage if you found an error in sp flash tool (" VERIFIED BOOT IS ENABLED") as it is usually doesn't appear in an unlocked device !
View attachment 5914281
1- open MCT MTK BYPASS , choose the chipset ( MT6765 )
2 - REBOOT your phone into brom mode ( vol up + vol down)
3 - connect your device and click start , and done !

Stage 5 ( the last stage) : Flashing

1- open SP FLASH TOOL
2 - locate the scatter file that I'll provide it in comments here !

NOTE ABOUT THE SCATTER FILE : the scatter file which comes with the frimware is CORRUPTED , I've tried to fix it and it worked !
because when I worked with this corrupted scatter file , it gave me an error while flashing !! , just editing it on my way has solved it anyway

3 - you will see a list of many files , just untick EVERY THING EXCEPT FOR THE BOOT.IMG (Make sure it is the patched one)
4 - BOOT your phone into brom mode (turn it off , press volume up + volume down , connect it with your pc)
5- once you hear the usb connection sound from your pc , click on "DOWNLOAD" button , and wait until a correct sign (√) appears in a window
6 - REBOOOOT
7 - let's Celebrate! 🎉

--thanks to the user @Anonymous V for being online when i applied these steps , he was answering every question i ask.

-- if you want anything , or need some help , type in comments here , and I'll be available .

(First time typing a thread 😅)
bro @Zezo 089 new suggestion add this in your tutorial where they need to put the preloader.bin in the same folder as the patched_boot.img and the scatter file and only tick the boot and dont include the preloder.bin to avoid error sometimes sp flash tool wont let you flash if it cant detect the preloader bin like the error that was encountered by @jimenezshown

Reactions: ZG089▼

jimenezshown

Sep 14, 2020
The message will say (" your device is unlocked and cannot be trusted , rebooting in 5 seconds ") and then another message appears (" dm-verity error,
Your android system / device is corrupted, please select whether you want to boot in E10 mode or RESTART mode
")

I was wondering if we can get rid of this message after we rooted the device?

@Zezo 089 Somehow I managed to enter in BROM mode, using the driver provided in MTK Client Tool (usbdisk driver x64 and MTK Driver) so it was the driver after all. I will proceed to next step after I do a full backup. 😄, Other thing though, if I ever bricked my phone, can I still recover it easily? I already tried rooting other phones before but I'm still not confident so I ask you this just for a peace of mind. 😄
Yep
But data will be lost
But maybe there's a way to unbrick (recover) the phone after bricking without losing the data , but

turned out, preloader_oppo6765_18511.bin should be on the same location where scatter file is even though it's not tick. Anyway, Thank you @Zezo 089 for this post and for your contribution @Anonymous V . Despite encountering issues then trials and errors, finally I was able to root my device. Thanks again guys. 🥳

View attachment 5925453
View attachment 5925457
You are welcome
Enjoy :)
If you wanna ask about anything, please tell me and @Anonymous V !

bro @Zezo 089 new suggestion add this in your tutorial where they need to put the preloader.bin in the same folder as the patched_boot.img and the scatter file and only tick the boot and dont include the preloder.bin to avoid error sometimes sp flash tool wont let you flash if it cant detect the preloader bin like the error that was encountered by @jimenezshown
Oooooooooh
Right
Ok

turned out, preloader_oppo6765_18511.bin should be on the same location where scatter file is even though it's not tick. Anyway, Thank you @Zezo 089 for this post and for your contribution @Anonymous V . Despite encountering issues then trials and errors, finally I was able to root my device. Thanks again guys. 🥳

View attachment 5925453
View attachment 5925457
Done ,guys 👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !
    I've discovered 2 new ways to root OPPO A5s ( CPH1909) after the new security update which removed the mtk-easy-su root.

(EDIT : THE 2ND WAY IS RECOMMENDED AS U CAN INSTALL THE LATEST MAGISK (26.4) THERE ! but the 1st way will be updated so u can get rooted by magisk 26.4 through boot.img later)

NOTE : guide on how to unbrick / solve & prevent bootloop is here : https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-unbrick-ways-to-prevent-fix-bootloop-for-oppo-a5s-cph1909.4623727/

Let's start with the first way !

YOU WILL REQUIRE :-

1- THE LATEST FLASHABLE OFFICIAL ROM (OPTIONAL) + UPDATE OPPO A5S TO THE LATEST VERSION (Madantory) + BOOT.IMG FILE OF THE LATEST UPDATE (if u want to patch the file by yourself, btw i uploaded a patched one )

2- A PC / Laptop runs Windows 10 or older (for win11 users you can use this guide but do not open MTK CLIENT TOOL (Gui Version) it won't work , instead, see the edit in the STAGE 3 (the few lines between STAGE 3 and STAGE 4)

3- MTK Client Tool (link will be sent here in comments) <uploaded by me>

4 -
    mediatek driver auto installer <link is provided>

5 - SP flash tool <link is provided>

6 - a usb cable (of course there is no download link for this 😀)

7 - Scatter File (WILL BE UPLOADED HERE IN COMMENTS)

8 - Magisk Manager for your phone. (v.26.1) <from Github>

9 - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER USING MTK CLIENT TOOL (No data wipe needed + STEPS WILL BE PROVIDED HERE TOO)

10 - (IMPORTANT) MCT MTK BYPASS REV4/REV3 + <link is provided>

11 - The preloader file : Here

NOTE BEFORE STARTING : If links have problems or it is inaccessible , please tell me to send new links in comments .
    also ,
    MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION (A.46) BECAUSE IF YOU FLASHED THE BOOT.IMG (you will know what does this file do here later ) WHICH IT IS FOR THE LATEST UPDATE AND YOUR DEVICE IS OLDER THAN IT , YOUR DEVICE MAY BRICK , AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR YOUR DEVICE

but , if anything happens , tell me , I will help you .

BIG ULTRA NOTE BEFORE STARTING : If you will share these guide/method or even your results in rooting this device in your website, your youtube video, or anything else , please DO NOT FORGET TO MENTION THE SOURCE !!!

Also , before doing these steps , keep an eye on the new edits in the last / beginning of this thread.

Let's start :)

STAGE 1: PATCHING BOOT.IMG
    (skip this stage if you have preloader.bin file already and downloaded the boot.img that I patched), but download the ROM if you face a brick or any problem in your phone system

1 - Download the latest frimware here

2 - Choose the latest version (a.46)

3 - After downloading and extracting the file , you will find many folders > Enter the folder (frimware) , find and copy the boot.img file to your phone

4- patch it by magisk manager

5 - copy the patched boot.img ( usually located in Downloads folder in your phone)to your pc
    ( note : you will need it later :))

6 - replace the patched boot.img with the original one in the folder you have extracted the rom in ( but before it, please backup the original one in an external folder , and also change the patched boot.img to ( "boot.img")

Note : I uploaded the boot.img file if you want to save time instead of downloading the whole rom ! ( note : patched by magisk 26.1, not 26.3 !)

STAGE 2 : Installing MEDIATEK usb Drivers

7- Open Mediatek driver auto installer

8 - While the program is opening , a window appears which asks yo if you allow the installer to make changes ... blabla , just click allow (ok) and let the program do the trick, after it finishes, reboot your pc / laptop

STAGE 3 : UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

(NOTE BEFORE STARTING : THERE IS NO DATA WILL BE LOST , AND DO NOT ENABLE THE OEM UNLOCK IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS , THE MTK CLIENT TOOL WILL GIVE AN ERROR DURING UNLOCKING , JUST KEEP IT DISABLED !!!!)

8 - After the program installed the drivers , go to MTK CLIENT TOOL , choose the device name ("OPPO A5S") , choose "UNLOCK BOOTLOADER"

*Edit : install usbDK drivers , choose your arch (64 or 86=32) < to know it simply go to settings, system and a screen will show up with your pc info. ignore the X i made 😅
    MTK CLIENT TOOOL.jpg

9 - turn your phone off , and then press these keys (" VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN <<in the same time>> ") and plug your phone in using the usb cable , once you hear a sound from your pc ( the usb connection sound) , you can stop pressing , because the phone is in BROM mode ( the mode which u can flash a file/rom )

10 - click "Start" button in MTK CLIENT TOOL in your pc , when you see messages appear on the right in the Mtk Client Tool , DON'T UNPLUG YOUR PHONE !!!!

When the progress bar achieves 100% in the program and u see bootloader unlock = OK, unplug your phone and press power button , if you found a warning message while booting , so , unfortunately....

YOU SUCCESSFULLY UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER !!!!! XD
    So , do not panic if it appears !
    The message will say (" your device is unlocked and cannot be trusted , rebooting in 5 seconds")

<Note : It can be solved, check in replies for lk.img file and flash it as u were flashing a boot image>

btw there is a guide for this : HERE

and then another message appears (" dm-verity error,
    ")
    It will give you two choices , you SHOULD choose the RESTART mode by pressing VOLUME DOWN , and tadaaaa your phone is booting normally and the data DIDN'T LOST AT ALL!

BIG ULTRA NOTE : IF THE WARNING MESSAGE DIDN'T APPEAR , SO YOUR BOOTLOADER ISN'T UNLOCKED Successfully , I ADVICE YOU TO DO THE STAGE 3 STEPS AGAIN AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE MESSAGES APPEARANCE ON THE RIGHT OF THE MTK CLIENT TOOOOL ( IF IT SHOWS THE DEVICE MODEL , THE PROCESSOR , etc ) after connection , let it do the magic (as the dm-verity message appears usually after unlocking bootloader)

***NEW EDIT : it seems that mtk client tool doesn't work with win 11 and some users of win10 for some reason...
    So I brought another method to unlock the bootloader using the terminal version

1- open the folder mtkclient-main ( if it is not available, go to download mtk client for terminal from GitHub)

2- open the cmd in the same directory of the mtk client-main folder (hint : type in the bar that shows the folder directories (cmd) and tadaaaaaaa

2- type in the cmd pip3 install -r requirements.txt

3- type again in the cmdpython setup.py install or python setup.py

4- install usbDK from Here

5- after mtk client has been installed, type this python mtk da seccfg unlock

6- it will say waiting for device .. power off your phone and press vol up + vol down + release when connected, then let it do the magic✨
    When finishes, unplug it and continue these steps 👍
    (tell me if there is an error)

STAGE 4 (IMPOOOOORTANNNNT):
    How to Bypass the next error message

Screenshot 2023-04-07 045033.png

1- open MCT MTK BYPASS (dowload link is in replies) , choose the chipset (MT6765 )

2 - REBOOT your phone into brom mode ( vol up + vol down)

3 - connect your device and click start , and done !
    Note : KEEEEEEEEEEEEEP YOUR DEVICE CONNECTED AND DO NOT DISCONNECT IT FROM YOUR PC

Stage 5 ( the last stage) : Flashing

1- open SP FLASH TOOL

2 - locate the scatter file that I'll provide it in comments here !

NOTE ABOUT THE SCATTER FILE : the scatter file which comes with the frimware is CORRUPTED , I've tried to fix it and it worked !
    because when I worked with this corrupted scatter file , it gave me an error while flashing !! , just editing it on my way has solved it anyway

3 - you will see a list of many files , just untick EVERY THING EXCEPT FOR THE BOOT.IMG (Make sure it is the patched one) (+please locate the preloader.bin file but untick it)

4 - BOOT your phone into brom mode (turn it off , press volume up + volume down , connect it with your pc)

5- once you hear the usb connection sound from your pc , click on "DOWNLOAD" button , and wait until a correct sign (√) appears in a window

6 - REBOOOOT
    7 - let's Celebrate! 🎉

(*new edit : if sp flash tool shows you an error your device storage reached the end of life, bruuuuuuuh, just uncheck (checking the device status) from settings and retry flashing!

Second way to Root oppo a5s :-

I've just known that there is an unofficial twrp for this phone. We will use this to flash magisk.zip file to get root access if you don't want / flash a patched boot.img

All we need are :

• Some main requirements from the 1st way (SP flash tool + MCT MTK BYPASS REV4 + installation of Drivers + unlocked bootloader of your phone + preloader.bin) ((methods of unlocking bootloader is in the 1st way, go unlock your bootloader then flash twrp in the 2nd way here)

• And new requirements :-

-Twrp recovery 3.6.x(uploaded by Unofficial twrp website) : Here

-Magisk 26.4 ** ( get the apk file from the link and change it into .zip)

(NOTE : after downloading, copy this zip file into your SD card)

STAGE 1 : FLASHING TWRP

1-
    Open Sp Flash Tool and MCT MTK BYPASS REV4

2-
    in SP flash tool, locate recovery.img file that you downloaded + preloader.bin (NOTE: UNTICK preloader.bin)

3- in MCT MTK BYPASS REV4, select the chipset (MT6765)

4- boot your phone into BROM mode (vol.up + vol.down + release when connected)

5- in MCT MTK BYPASS REV4, Click "bypass"

6- after it succeeds, Go to SP flash tool and click download

7- after it shows a correct sign (), disconnect your phone and boot into recovery (vol.down + power button)

8- TWRP splash screen shows up !

STAGE 2 : FLASH MAGISK 26.4 * !

1- click "install" button

2- locate the zip file place

3- disable zip verification (if needed)

4- after it succeeds, boot your phone normally and you have got root access!!

NOTE : ISSUES THAT YOU MAY FACE IN TWRP

1- there is no MTP
    2- it doesn't detect your internal storage
    3- it may not mount some partitions like /data and /odm
    4- you tell me

--thanks to the user @Anonymous V for being online when i applied these steps , he was answering every question i ask.

-- if you want anything , or need some help , type in comments here , I and Anonymous V will be available (note that I won't be online for every day ...)

** Please support me to continue my work here. I love you : Buy me a coffee

(First time typing a thread😅)

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please put the boot.img + preloader.bin + the scatter file in a folder/ recovery.img + preloade.bin + scatter file, then locate the scatter file using SP Flash Tool, Untick the preloader.bin to avoid bricking the device

ALSO , PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE BOOT.IMG AND THE SCATTER FILE
    / RECOVERY.IMG AND FLASH THE BOOT.IMG/RECOVERY WHILE PRELOADER.BIN IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SAME FOLDER/NOT LOCATED , AN ERROR WILL APPEAR (
    ERROR_INVALID_PRELOADER)
    REPEAT : DO NOT FLASH PRELOADER.BIN , ONLY PUT IT IN THE SAME FOLDER WITH THE PATCHED BOOT.IMG/ TWRP RECOVERY.IMG AND SCATTER FILE, LOCATE THE PRELOADER FILE , UNTICK IT AND FLASH ONLY BOOT.IMG/RECOVERY.IMG AS YOU LIKE

Thanks for @jimenezshown for providing this info !

NEW edit :

Guys, if u read this, i want to announce that *42K people saw this thread!🎉🎉
    and because of this, wait for a new custom rom for this device soon + no one joined the team of creating the custom rom, so simply the thread of making a team got closed :(

(EDIT) Also, if you want to be mentioned after the ROM is built successfully, send a post there !

Actually, i am too ANGRY

because I said if u will share how to root Oppo A5s method in your YouTube video, blog, or website,
    (((( YOU SHOULD MENTION THE SOURCE ))))
    i spotted someone on youtube called jpservicell got the full way to root this device from my thread, and he did not even mention the source in the video,a comment, or a description:mad:

=============================================
    Thank you,
    ╭━━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━╮
    ╰━━╮━┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃╭━╮┃
    ╱╱╭╯╭┫┃╱╰┫┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┃
    ╱╭╯╭╯┃┃╭━┫┃┃┃┃╭━╮┣━━╮┃
    ╭╯━╰━┫╰┻━┃╰━╯┃╰━╯┣━━╯┃
    ╰━━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━╯
    Thank you for creating the thread @Zezo 089 , I am using Oppo A5s and now I found a way to root the phone.
    I've already download all the requirements first to prepare.

But, I could not run the "MTK CLIENT TOOL V5.2".
    It was just nothing appear when I double click the application.
    I use Windows 11. Did it caused by the Windows?

Other question is what step is the boot.img file needed?
    Bruh
    Just turn off your Windows Defender Real-Time protection and it will work ;)
    MTK CLIENT TOOL : here
    note : it is patched by magisk manager app (v.26.1) not (v26.3)