• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIXED] [OP7T HD1905] No WiFi (auto turn off) during root

Search This thread

Ecchymosis

Jun 24, 2013
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7T
Bought directly from OP website a little over a year ago, was rooted on Android 10 and then did an OTA update which ruined my root and I never really bothered with it for a while. Started tinkering again a few days ago.

Here is what happened to the best of my knowledge:

> Unlocked bootloader w/ root upon purchase (And 10)
> Did OTA update which messed up root, kept unlocked BL
> fast forward - tried re-rooting, followed this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-android-11-how-to-root-oneplus-7t.4253183/ (And 11)
> my device wasn't recognized in fastboot, finally realized I needed the USB drivers.
>Got the drivers, rooted my phone, and put TWRP on it without realizing it didn't work.
>Found the payload dumper, downloaded the most recent one from OP website, flashed that stock boot & stock recovery, patched w/ magisk, then flashed that. (wouldn't this have fixed the WiFi issue itself?)

Sweet, now I have root access but my WiFi won't turn on. I started looking up issues with that and found out that I mismatched build numbers (I think) because someone mentioned having the same issue. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/wifi-not-working-after-magisk-root-on-oneplus-7t-pro.1228260/

My question to you is, how do I fix this?

Ecchymosis

Jun 24, 2013
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7T
Msm back to stock, factory reset, and if still broken, then hardware broken
MSM program used to no avail - main PC has 3.0/3.2 ports, old laptop said "waiting for device" for 30+ minutes

Thanks for your help though.

---

I dug a bit deeper and tried using Oxygen Updater app - it flashed the most recent OTA update which fixed the wifi issue, I used payload dumper on the payload.bin from the Oxygen Updater app and successfully patched with Magisk. Root achieved with wifi enabled.

99% sure my wifi issue came from me mismatching builds or something.