• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Fixed] VobSub (.idx/.sub) subtitles not showing

wcylfj

Jan 27, 2018
1.9.16 mx playerSub.idx subtitles do not support plug-ins

:困惑:Previous support, now why not work?

Last edited:

ksio89

May 1, 2013
[BUG] VobSub (.idx/.sub) subtitles not showing

Running MX Player 1.9.17 with ARMv7 NEON custom codec 1.9.8 on my device, and the issue is that external .idx/.subs are not displayed, with either HW, HW+ or SW decoders. The subtiles file are loaded, as the subtitle selector icon is visible, but are not rendered. Bug report file is attached.

Attachments

tomalamix

Jan 24, 2016
idx and sub not working again on 1.9.24

Hy guys,

sorry to bring this up again but the bug is present again, ive got this movie with idx and sub files on the same folder with the exact same name of the movie file, the subtitle is available on the subtitles menu, i can activate it but it doesnt show up on the movie..

are you aware of this?

thanks

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hy guys,

sorry to bring this up again but the bug is present again, ive got this movie with idx and sub files on the same folder with the exact same name of the movie file, the subtitle is available on the subtitles menu, i can activate it but it doesnt show up on the movie..

are you aware of this?

thanks
We couldn't reproduce it. Can you share the subtitles with us? It will help us to investigate further.

tomalamix

Jan 24, 2016
Hy, thanks for your reply.

I've upload both files, IDX and SUB:

**tps://expirebox.com/download/828ddade4939b25c9c3bcfbab30a07f4.html

Thanks!
Fixed!!

Im sorry to mislead you but the solution was real simple, ive restarted the system and now the subtitles show as intended.

A real noob error..sorry and thanks for the prompt reply!

Best regards