[FIXED] Weird MSN error message - BRICKED MY DEVICE!

Search This thread

MystikalE

Aug 27, 2022
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
So I accidently bricked my device for the first time. I think it was TWRP flash on the boot or something, still trying to figure this.

RIGHT NOW. my OP8t is still bricked, after hours of trying everything I came here.
Currently my device is constantly on the "current boot/recovery image have been destroyed and can not boot."
MSN saying there is a problem but I can't find a solution to it.
I can only access EDL so MSN Download tool is my only way to fixing this issue.
Thanks in advance :)
1664268364964.png

Last edited:
Reactions: parag0n1986

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
So I accidently bricked my device for the first time. I think it was TWRP flash on the boot or something, still trying to figure this.

RIGHT NOW. my OP8t is still bricked, after hours of trying everything I came here.
Currently my device is constantly on the "current boot/recovery image have been destroyed and can not boot."
View attachment 5721413
Try another MSM version.

Reactions: parag0n1986

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
I managed to fix the brick using this answer, thank you.
Next time, if you break your boot again and get the "current boot/recovery image have been destroyed and can not boot." error.

Try to boot to bootloader
if you can, then fastboot flash boot, recovery, vbmeta, and vbmeta_system images of the ROM you are trying to flash. On vbmeta and vbmeta_system images, flash them like this. Copy and paste if needed.

fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img && fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img

Once finished, try to boot to recovery using the volume key to select "Recovery" and power button to make it boot.

If you boot to recovery successfully, sideload the ROM using adb sideload command. If you need to format data for a clean flash, I like to do it before I sideload the ROM.

This should help you to avoid using MSM unless you can't get to your bootloader. You can also go back to OOS from a custom ROM using this method, instead of MSM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1664268364964.png

View attachment 5721413
    Try another MSM version.
    Try another MSM version.
    I managed to fix the brick using this answer, thank you.