Question FIXED: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't work after flashing vbmeta and boot downloaded from XDA

Search This thread

AegisCZ

May 22, 2017
Hello everybody! I flashed the vbmeta and boot downloaded from one of the threads here. After starting the phone back up, everything worked well, the phone was rooted, camera worked, mobile data worked, but I can not connect to Wi-Fi and I cannot use Bluetooth.

I did not flash anything besides the vbmeta and boot. My goal would be too restore wifi and bluetooth and give up on rooting. I did not make any backups as I did not know why. I did not flash TWRP. I'm on oxygenOS version 11.3 and Android 11.

Could anyone please help me?

Zombnombs

Nov 17, 2021
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
As far as i know, the bluetooth+wifi modules are related to the nvdata partition.

For example, I can personally confirm that the camera+fingerprint are related to persist.img, which contains unique sensor calibration data unique to each and every device.

I can only imagine nvdata might work the same. If you backed up your nvdata image from before your root proces, try flashing the nvdata partition back and troubleshoot from there. I don't know anything else on the issue as I've never experienced it myself.

Goodluck.

AegisCZ

May 22, 2017
As I said, I only overwrote boot.img and vbmeta.. Could that cause the issue? (btw I didn't make a backup)

AegisCZ

May 22, 2017
FIXED: For anyone who's having the same issue, the solution was to flash the boot.img FOR your system version. You find your version in the settings when you click on the version in the info tab.