Fixing Google play services battery drain

Search This thread
Try enable and you will see battery drain ;) Cause of google play services battery drain are NlpWakeLock and NlpCollectorWakeLock. And battery drain still here but for see it you will have to enable location services.
Well why i should enable it of i dont use it ??
Kinda useless but i enabled last time and i have a little drain, but who cares, we have a phone charger isn ' t ?
Well let see what Sony fix in 4.4.4 and so far this discussion is not needed if we get a new update end of August abd as you knkw im not a newbie as you can see and i know what i do. ^^

Send from my XZ With My Own Personal Modified MoonWalker SuperB !

I wanted only say that you don't see battery drain because you don't use location services. And not because to google fix it on last version of google play services.
I said and please read better, before i enabled location service and that drained a little my battery but now i turned it of -__-

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Then why say multiple times that there's no drain?

The main problem is that there's excessive drain when location reporting / history are enabled. Disabling them has stopped the drain since the problem first occurred months ago, so of course you're not experiencing it with them disabled.

This is the second time in a few days I've seen you telling people to "read better" when you haven't read the thread yourself. Like I said before, telling people to read the thread thoroughly is fine, but you should at least do the same yourself if you're going to do so. :)

Last edited:

gnesterif

Jan 9, 2014
I've had also a drain, but I've never had location report/history activated, so was this another bug, or are these settings just fake ?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I've had also a drain, but I've never had location report/history activated, so was this another bug, or are these settings just fake ?
GPS also drains battery really fast without those options being active.
Are you sure your drain is from gms?
Either way, those options are the culprit for 99% of people. :)

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I've never had location activated either ;)
Then it's a separate issue, that nobody else seems to be experiencing. :)

Are you absolutely certain that it's Google Play Services causing it? A poorly coded app that accesses Google APIs via gms could be causing it to hold a wakelock.

Last edited:

gnesterif

Jan 9, 2014
I can not really say, but now it's gone, and I don't know after which try to fix, it was gone. But I just wanted to tell, that there could be another problem :(

xeningti

Mar 11, 2013
I tried this. i was on .88 PS before so i boot into recover and cleared cache, then install .89 APK then booted into recovery and cleared cache, and davlik cache again.... reboot.... everything seems stable..... so far!

AntonyStark

Sep 7, 2010
It will always seem stable so far until it happens lol! Its not a random drain something has to trigger it. This is why Sony's temporary solution works.

Then it's a separate issue, that nobody else seems to be experiencing. :)

Are you absolutely certain that it's Google Play Services causing it? A poorly coded app that accesses Google APIs via gms could be causing it to hold a wakelock.
You telling that 2 times also now !
Well i hope that Sony solve it all in the coming 4.4.4
So lets wait and discussing about this any longer have no sense.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
You telling that 2 times also now !
Well i hope that Sony solve it all in the coming 4.4.4
So lets wait and discussing about this any longer have no sense.

Nobody is forcing you to participate in this thread. If you don't want to discuss it, then don't. Simple. :)

K9998

Jul 17, 2008
Melbourne
It's really annoying since there are many apps require location in Google play services.
For example, ingress, maps, if u r not outside, cannot be located without it.
My nexus 5 is totally drain free with same settings and same installed apps(same version as well).
So it's pointless to say 'fixing Google play services', its more like Sony mass this update up.

And it also will damaging your battery. 4 hours from100 to 0, even worse than my htc g1

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

AntonyStark

Sep 7, 2010
It's really annoying since there are many apps require location in Google play services.
For example, ingress, maps, if u r not outside, cannot be located without it.
My nexus 5 is totally drain free with same settings and same installed apps(same version as well).
So it's pointless to say 'fixing Google play services', its more like Sony mass this update up.

And it also will damaging your battery. 4 hours from100 to 0, even worse than my htc g1

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

So why is there a 47 page thread in the Nexus 5 forums about the same wakelocks?

Top Liked Posts