• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flakie's ADB GUI Version 2

Search This thread

Flakie

Mar 26, 2012
Swindon
flakie.co.uk
Not sure if any are using it here but version 2 of my ADB GUI app is available (Flakie ADB GUI)

But a quick update:

Version 2 or my ADB GUI app is now available.

Direct download:

There is a GUI for the common ADB commands and an integration with scrcpy (as in version 1)

It now has an experimental option to use ADB and ADB Shell commands by typing/pasting them in.

Works quite well (mostly).

It also has an integration with ngrok.

This allows you to securely control a Firestick through the Internet (or other ADB device) without any port forwarding on a router.

A full guide for ngrok use, with screenshots is here:

A simplified text version of the instructions is here:

Once you have become familiar with the process it can be completed in about 4 minutes.

Cheers :)

Nivan0611

Mar 5, 2014
Hi Flakie
Awesome app (y) . . . There should be more marketing of this app, and I will be one to recommend it to everyone

Question:
What port is used to connect to your mobile phone . . i have used 5555 & 8080 with no luck . . plz can u give instructions to connect the mobile phone . . . 5555 works perfectly to the TV Box

Now . . . I'm excited and cant wait for your version 3 to be launched . . I'm checking your blog daily
Thanks again for this awesome app

Reactions: Flakie

Flakie

Mar 26, 2012
Swindon
flakie.co.uk

Glad you like the app. New version is a bit away as I have been working on a couple of Android apps. Hopefully it will be in June. I am toying with adding a tabbed interface and putting in a file browser/manager for the attached devices. Though that may likely be coming in the version 4.

To attach the phone you will need to attach it to a USB cable first and showing as such in the app. Then enter the IP address of the phone (you can get this in the phones settings) and the port 5555. Then tick the box Enable TCP/IP mode and click on the Connect ADB Device button. Don't close the pop-up windows that appears. After 30 seconds or so it will show the phone as being connected by both USB and the WiFi. You can unplug the USB cable at this point and use the devices IP address to manage it. The phone can then be used in TCP/IP mode until it is rebooted. This also includes accessing it from a remote location with either port forwarding (if this is setup on the local router) or ngrok etc.

The next version it will not be necessary to specify the IP address as this will be acquired automatically by the app. TBH this is another reason for the delay in the next version, as it is still not reliable enough getting the IP address on all phones. Soon though :)

Marketing, not been too worried about that but grateful for any recommendations. Tech Doctor UK did a nice YouTube review (of version1) which generated more interest. There have been over 11,000 downloads in total (including the 2.3K from the tech doctor site), over the last year or so. Far more interest than I expected when I released it publicly. Thanks again for the comments.

J0kker

Mar 15, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Not sure if any are using it here but version 2 of my ADB GUI app is available (Flakie ADB GUI)

But a quick update:
Jusr received my second Firestick 4k to put in bedroom, i'll play with it in order to root it and customize it to my needs, your blog seems pretty interesting, i'll probably read a lot out there before i dig in !
Thanks for the shares !

fragtion

Sep 1, 2013
Johannesburg
This is cool

my wishlist:
1. be able to save multiple adb ip addresses
2. be able to launch cmd window with shell instead of being forced to use shell in the app

subhash_india

Jul 1, 2021

But a quick update:

Direct download:

There is a GUI for the common ADB commands and an integration with scrcpy (as in version 1)

It now has an experimental option to use ADB and ADB Shell commands by typing/pasting them in.

This allows you to securely control a Firestick through the Internet (or other ADB device) without any port forwarding on a router.

Once you have become familiar with the process it can be completed in about 4 minutes.

Why disabled ADB shell in your GUI and disabled backup of apps also?
just by streaming some thing remotely (scrcpy) and not able to use remote ADB Shell is useless !

Troubleshooting won't work without shell commands,

Port forwarding works great without your ngrock app ! Tunnel is of no use,

Why pay ngrock to use shell in your App, when ADB shell is available freely over USB , Wifi and port forwarding with fire stick 4k.

Thanks and regards
Subhash India

Flakie

Mar 26, 2012
Swindon
flakie.co.uk
Why disabled ADB shell in your GUI and disabled backup of apps also?
just by streaming some thing remotely (scrcpy) and not able to use remote ADB Shell is useless !

Troubleshooting won't work without shell commands,

Port forwarding works great without your ngrock app ! Tunnel is of no use,

Why pay ngrock to use shell in your App, when ADB shell is available freely over USB , Wifi and port forwarding with fire stick 4k.

Thanks and regards
Subhash India

ngrok free works well (and the app is setup to use the free version) and of course you can use port forwarding if you want to. Nice to have the choice and nice not to have to have to use port forwarding which is less secure.
No-one forces you to use the app or ngrok ;)
Or you could write your own.
Cheers.

Flakie

Mar 26, 2012
Swindon
flakie.co.uk
This is cool

my wishlist:
2. be able to launch cmd window with shell instead of being forced to use shell in the app

1. You can save as many adb profiles as you wish :)
2. Was thinking of this be then you could just open a cmd window in any case. Might consider it further :)

The next version has a few more features but I am a bit too busy atm to finalise it. Still hope for it to be released at some point in the summer.

Reactions: fragtion

Dands

Nov 5, 2010
This is such a great tool! Thank you.

May I ask can I use it to clone a Firestick? I have a 4k Firestick and have just bought a 4k MAX. The key application I'm wanting to migrate is Kodi 19.3 and all my addons and settings. Most other apps are standalone or near enough to standalone.

If anyone has any pointers or even a procedure document it would be fantastically appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: lvpre

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011

May I ask can I use it to clone a Firestick? I have a 4k Firestick and have just bought a 4k MAX. The key application I'm wanting to migrate is Kodi 19.3 and all my addons and settings. Most other apps are standalone or near enough to standalone.

If anyone has any pointers or even a procedure document it would be fantastically appreciated.

Thank you.
I wouldn't mind the ability to use adb backup and restore too for app data.

Reactions: Dands

jinxt

May 17, 2009
amazing app, wanted to say thank you and I'm puzzled why more ppl in the forum arent talking about this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But a quick update:

Direct download:

Nice. Thank you!
    Hi Flakie
    Awesome app (y) . . . There should be more marketing of this app, and I will be one to recommend it to everyone

Question:
    What port is used to connect to your mobile phone . . i have used 5555 & 8080 with no luck . . plz can u give instructions to connect the mobile phone . . . 5555 works perfectly to the TV Box

Now . . . I'm excited and cant wait for your version 3 to be launched . . I'm checking your blog daily
    Thanks again for this awesome app
    This is cool

my wishlist:

1. You can save as many adb profiles as you wish :)
    2. Was thinking of this be then you could just open a cmd window in any case. Might consider it further :)

The next version has a few more features but I am a bit too busy atm to finalise it. Still hope for it to be released at some point in the summer.

Thank you.