[FLASH 10.3 UPDATED!][HULU] Hulu for Nook Color!

Search This thread

vtmike

Oct 6, 2010
Anybody try to replace the libflashplayer.so file in the apk before installing it. I tried and was able to install the app. Only thing was dolphin would recognize the plugin and work but opera would not. I have not been able to get dolphin to work with hulu so didn't do much good. The issue I think that might have caused it not to work was the software I used to resign the apk required me to change the name of the apk which may have affected the install.

smiley4017

Jan 16, 2011
It says can not find chattr when I type it into ssh
I installed busybox and cd into the correct directory without problem but when I typed chattr +i * it gave me the above error

tried terminal too

Hi Guys,

I need someone else to confirm this but I believe I have a fix to stop libflashplayer.so from being replaced on boot.

1. Install 'BusyBox installer' from Marketplace

2. Open 'BusyBox installer' and install BusyBox V 1.19 (should be latest listed).

3. Open a terminal on NC or SSH into nook color

4. Go to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib

5. type 'chattr +i *'

6. type 'lsattr *'. You should see the following:

# lsattr *
-----i------- libflashplayer.so

The 'i' let's you know it is now immutable..

7. Reboot/restart nook

You should now have libflashplayer.so set on reboot. It should be the fixed flashplayer.so file. The chattr command sets all the files to be 'immutable' which stops even root from replacing the files..only way to replace the files is if you set 'chattr -i <filename>'.

Let me know how it goes!.

Paul

Last edited:

zimmy1979

Apr 3, 2011
It says can not find chattr when I type it into ssh
I installed busybox and cd into the correct directory without problem but when I typed chattr +i * it gave me the above error

tried terminal too

You are using BusyBox V1.19 correct? Type 'busybox' at the command prompt. The first few lines should say the version which needs to be 1.19. You made sure to install it with 'BusyBox installer'? The chattr binary should be in /system/xbin/chattr. You can also try typing in the adobe lib directory the following once you verify that BusyBox 1.19 is installed:

/system/xbin/chattr +i *

Paul

smiley4017

Jan 16, 2011
Works like a charm. I had 1.16 instead of 1.19.
I accidently updated my flash to 10.3. uninstalled it and reinstalled 10.2 and Hulu still works.
Thanks again

You are using BusyBox V1.19 correct? Type 'busybox' at the command prompt. The first few lines should say the version which needs to be 1.19. You made sure to install it with 'BusyBox installer'? The chattr binary should be in /system/xbin/chattr. You can also try typing in the adobe lib directory the following once you verify that BusyBox 1.19 is installed:

/system/xbin/chattr +i *

Paul

fhurricane

Nov 23, 2010
Running Phiremod v6, can't try.. my /data is empty, so I have no place to put the .so file. I have flash installed and working, but no idea where in the nook it is, and Astro can't find it
o_O

I am having the same problem. /data is totally empty for me, phiremod 6.2. I've tried 4 different file managers.

vtmike

Oct 6, 2010
I am having the same problem. /data is totally empty for me, phiremod 6.2. I've tried 4 different file managers.

File Expert works well for me. It has root access and is free. You have to go under file explorer settings and check the the root explorer box to gain access to the data folder.

A

ace7196

Finally updated :D

This update rocks! 10.3 actually fixes all those damn presses that never registered. In other words you can change the volume in hulu/resolution at youtube.com/etc. Get it!

zimmy1979

Apr 3, 2011
Tried this with terminal emulator, says "can't cd to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib", trying other commands gives me permission denied errors
now my "$" prompt is ">" and commands don't do anything :(

Hmm..did you exit the app and try again? If that doesn't work..type the following command 'su -' before the 'cd' command and try again.

Reactions: gallahad2000

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Hmm..did you exit the app and try again? If that doesn't work..type the following command 'su -' before the 'cd' command and try again.
I get permission denied on "su -cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib"
<EDIT: Typed "su" by itself and my "$" prompt changed to "#" and now commands seem to work. Unfortunately, I'd accidentally made the original file immutable so I had to go back in and un-chattr it and then rename, copy, paste, re-chattr the new .so (thanks for posting the un-chattr command as well!)>

Maybe you could change things to:
3. Open terminal emulator on NC or SSH into nook color
4. type 'su'
5. type 'cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib'
...for those of us who haven't used a command line since the dos days :)
And thanks for the help!

Last edited:

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Curses! Now Opera won't save my Custom User-Agent settings (I even made sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom to click save). The universe really doesn't want me to watch hulu :(
<EDIT: Re-enterred everything and now it seems to have saved>

Last edited:

zimmy1979

Apr 3, 2011
I get permission denied on "su -cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib"
<EDIT: Typed "su" by itself and my "$" prompt changed to "#" and now commands seem to work. Unfortunately, I'd accidentally made the original file immutable so I had to go back in and un-chattr it and then rename, copy, paste, re-chattr the new .so (thanks for posting the un-chattr command as well!)>

Maybe you could change things to:
3. Open terminal emulator on NC or SSH into nook color
4. type 'su'
...for those of us who haven't used a command line since the dos days :)
And thanks for the help!

Ahh..yes. :) I updated my post.

Ty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    keep libflashplayer.so on reboot

Hi Guys,

I need someone else to confirm this but I believe I have a fix to stop libflashplayer.so from being replaced on boot.

1. Install 'BusyBox installer' from Marketplace

2. Open 'BusyBox installer' and install BusyBox V 1.19 (should be latest listed).

3. Open a terminal session, use adb, or SSH into your nook color

4. Type 'su'

6. type 'chattr +i *'

7. type 'lsattr *'. You should see the following:

# lsattr *
    -----i------- libflashplayer.so

The 'i' let's you know it is now immutable..

8. Reboot/restart nook

You should now have libflashplayer.so set on reboot. It should be the fixed flashplayer.so file. The chattr command sets all the files to be 'immutable' which stops even root from replacing the files..only way to replace the files is if you set 'chattr -i <filename>'.

Let me know how it goes!.

Paul
    What forum is this intended for?
    u can squeeze some frame rate by not using opera
    use dolphin
    uncheck load images in settings(a must)
    set dolphin to always play flash (won't load video for me if its set to on demand)
    video will now play a lot better frame rate but still not perfect
    hope this helps people out
    Tried this with terminal emulator, says "can't cd to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib", trying other commands gives me permission denied errors
    now my "$" prompt is ">" and commands don't do anything :(

I just gave the new version a quick run with your so file and it did seem to work.

Anyone care to see if my .so file works with the latest flash? I doubt it will, but never know... :)

Sent from my NookColor using XDA Premium App
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone