Question Flash from Poco F3 Indonesia/Global rom to Mi 11X India/Global rom

Search This thread

hanminglee

Jun 12, 2021
is it possible to flash Mi 11X rom in Poco F3 and relock the bootloader?
i don't like the poco launcher, because it can't disable app drawer.

You can always download a different launcher from the play store and enable that as the default. as the others said DO NOT RELOCK BOOTLOADER on region change. Personally I would never risk a region change. You're better off unlocking the bootloader and flashing xiaomi.eu for a clean MIUI experience. Or you can experience the true beauty of Android without clutter by trying AOSP based ROMs e.g Havoc, PEX, crDroid, AICP etc

hanminglee

Jun 12, 2021
I dont want xiaomi.eu rom, because it needs to replace my stock recovery with TWRP. I think i should just flash my poco f3 with mi 11x rom and let it unlocked.

hanminglee

Jun 12, 2021
I think maybe only same model number device can relock the bootloader. Poco F3 is M2012K11AG, Redmi K40 is M2012K11AC and Mi 11X (indian)is M2012K11AI.

Perhaps,if you got same model number device but different region, you can still relock the bootloader.

LiNe1771

Dec 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
I dont want xiaomi.eu rom, because it needs to replace my stock recovery with TWRP. I think i should just flash my poco f3 with mi 11x rom and let it unlocked.
And u want the stock recovery, why? If u want to change rom, what's the problem? U know, stock recovery will be useless.. And twrp won't change anything in your phone. U can update the rom via twrp, with the Ota.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I think maybe only same model number device can relock the bootloader. Poco F3 is M2012K11AG, Redmi K40 is M2012K11AC and Mi 11X (indian)is M2012K11AI.

Perhaps,if you got same model number device but different region, you can still relock the bootloader.

No you can't. Even if same model, different regions /different countries have different model security checks.

You can risk it and try relock with your method, but don't blame anyone when you brick it. You came up with that idea and do it yourself.

hanminglee

Jun 12, 2021
No you can't. Even if same model, different regions /different countries have different model security checks.
You can risk it and try relock with your method, but don't blame anyone when you brick it. You came up with that idea and do it yourself.
Indian rom is which i want to flash. I dont think i can try to relock, as they are different model number.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Indian rom is which i want to flash. I dont think i can try to relock, as they are different model number.

That is among your situation.

I'm answering your thought.
I think maybe only same model number device can relock the bootloader.

M2012K11AG

This model number device exist in EEA, Global, Indonesia, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey.

But they cannot flash their Roms in between and relock. It will still likely brick.

So what you are saying is wrong.

Reactions: omidsa596

hanminglee

Jun 12, 2021
That is among your situation.

I'm answering your thought.

M2012K11AG

This model number device exist in EEA, Global, Indonesia, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey.

But they cannot flash their Roms in between and relock. It will still likely brick.

So what you are saying is wrong.
Check this forum https://c.mi.com/thread-2584760-1-1.html man. Dont be so sure about your statement. There are proof that some guy successfully relocked bootloader after flash to indonesian rom on global device.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Check this forum https://c.mi.com/thread-2584760-1-1.html man. Dont be so sure about your statement. There are proof that some guy successfully relocked bootloader after flash to indonesian rom on global device.

Demonstrate?

1623500885940.png

No screenshots and device model, no proof.

And I wrote

Not definitely brick. People can have successfully relock and have it working, but they risk it and said working.

But you can risk and try.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
So, there are also no proof of what you're saying is true, right? And there are no proof of what i said is absolutely wrong also.

So you have to proof me wrong.

I said don't switch, it will likely brick, not definitely. You risk yourself.

You said it will not brick according to that thread.

Demonstrate?

Top Liked Posts