Flash GSI

Search This thread

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
I noticed that the module breaks the CtsProfile status in Magisk. Please could you double check?

Hey there, just checked and you're right. Also AndroPlus module breaks the ctsProfile though and my module was based on that one.
Now, I repackaged it to be nicer and it works. Find it attached to this post.

Remember, this module is only for FLOKO, so don't use it on other GSIs. You've been warned :)

Attachments

• magisk_patch_for_Mi9SE_v2.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

PeterImmel

Jun 29, 2013
Hey there, just checked and you're right. Also AndroPlus module breaks the ctsProfile though and my module was based on that one.
Now, I repackaged it to be nicer and it works. Find it attached to this post.

Remember, this module is only for FLOKO, so don't use it on other GSIs. You've been warned :)
What does this patch do?
Can I use it witv xiaomi.eu rom, too?

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Actually Havoc also boots with it. Later I will check if BT audio still works.

Interesting, so the fix for the safetynet also made it compatible with other GSIs probably. Let me know if it fixes BT calls on Havoc please... also consider that it "overwrites" the values for auto brightness and for the battery profile, so let me know how it feels :)

What does this patch do?
Can I use it witv xiaomi.eu rom, too?

It's useless on xiaomi.eu, this module attempts to fix the battery stats, auto brightness and BT calls / media on GSI roms. Xiaomi.eu roms already have those things working :)

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Interesting, so the fix for the safetynet also made it compatible with other GSIs probably. Let me know if it fixes BT calls on Havoc please... also consider that it "overwrites" the values for auto brightness and for the battery profile, so let me know how it feels :)

I can confirm that autobrightness works on havoc, with Okitalkernel. Did not test BT calls yet.

Reactions: pengus77

maciek90

Aug 24, 2009
Wrocław
in LOS the bt fix doesn't work. Tested with BT Headset. Can you take a look?
Have you tried to follow steps from post #229?

Now I'm not sure if this module fixes BT in Havoc or just doesn't break the changes I made earlier as I still have that line commented and audio policy configuration file copied to vendor path.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here we go. Here you can find the repackaged 10.3.1.0 vendor and firmware (including modem) twrp-flashable zip. At the moment the results are interesting, but I need a bit more feedback from users on different networks and in different environments.

Also, Here is the V3 Magisk Module that adds some more props overlays (of course the bt and auto brightness fixes are still there). Be warned that flashing this zip requires also installing ims.apk or the sim won't be recognized. You can find the app attached to this post and you can just "adb install ims.apk" or install it from an in-phone file manager as a normal app.

Please let me know how it goes for you guys. If all is fine I'll open a new thread to keep a list of the magisk module versions and of the different vendor packages.

Update: Reinstated the download link for the vendor/firmware image. All good now.
    I'm conducting a test. Just repackaged miui 10.3.1.0 EEA by removing the system, boot, dtbo and vbmeta images. Slimmed the vendor overlay by removing everything related to china telecom and such. Flashed via TWRP over Floko and Okita kernel and the battery drain during calls seems a bit better now. I'll let you know if it's safe and working but I plan to push the package in cloud and share a link soon. If this works I'll make sure to publish updated flashable vendor/firmware packages to use with GSI roms. I'll keep you updated with the results....
    My favorite GSI Rom is Havoc OS 2.5

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...bled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030

Everything is working. With GApps it is the most Pixel like experience. It also works with okitakernel.

Flashing:

1. First wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik.
    Reboot to Recorey
    2. Install Global or EEA Xiaomi zip.
    Reboot to Recovery
    3. Install Hvoc OS System Image.
    Reboot to Recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    Reboot to Recovery
    5. Go to wipe and increase System
    Partition size.
    Reboot to Recovery
    6. Install okitakernel.
    Reboot to Recovery
    7. If you like to install GApps go to Step 8,
    else go to wipe and do factory reset.
    Then restart Sytem.
    8. Install GApps Package what you like.
    Reboot to Recovery
    9. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
    manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and then to app folder.
    Delete Via folder (its Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
    folder if you installed GCam with GApps (because you can later install the Mi9SE GCam Mod).
    Next go back and go to priv-app folder and delete Dialer folder if you installed Google Dialer.
    Reboot Recovery.
    10. Do factory reset.
    11. Restart to System.
    Same for me.
    In this zip there are many patch for mi9 and they aren't compatible with mi9SE

Care to try this one as a magisk module? I took all the files and configs from miui 10.2.9 EEA stable and tweaked a bit the overlay to enable auto brightness. It's based on the one from AndroPlus for MI9 but with the "correct" files for our phone.

Tested on my phone all day (I'm running floko) and both bt audio and calls work fine. Also auto brightness seems ok-ish... maybe needs some tweaks :)

Let me know if it works for you so maybe I can tweak it a bit more and put it on github for everyone :)
    Booted few days ago.. but now I am running the latest xiaomi.eu rom...

IMG_20190514_132211_395.jpgIMG_20190514_132208_905.jpgIMG_20190514_132145_667.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone