Flash GSI

Search This thread

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks

Did you or someone noticed better Batterie Life with Havoc compared to xiaomi.eu roms ?

Of course it's better. MIUI has an insane amount of background services and, moreover, xiaomi.eu is based on a development rom. This means that the rom itself has debug enabled and the kernel too, leading to way more battery usage compared to a standard GSI (which is also compiled as userdebug) but has 1/10th of the background services and, if you flashed OkitaKernel, a kernel stripped of most of the debugging crap.

Edit: also in /vendor/overlay/ remove everything but BluetoothResCommon.apk. The phone will work just fine, VolTE will be magically enabled, network mode display will be fixed and you'll lower a bit the idle battery consumption. There is much crap left in there by xiaomi that is insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: eagle*23*

eagle*23*

Dec 27, 2009
Of course it's better. MIUI has an insane amount of background services and, moreover, xiaomi.eu is based on a development rom. This means that the rom itself has debug enabled and the kernel too, leading to way more battery usage compared to a standard GSI (which is also compiled as userdebug) but has 1/10th of the background services and, if you flashed OkitaKernel, a kernel stripped of most of the debugging crap.

Edit: also in /vendor/overlay/ remove everything but BluetoothResCommon.apk. The phone will work just fine, VolTE will be magically enabled, network mode display will be fixed and you'll lower a bit the idle battery consumption. There is much crap left in there by xiaomi that is insane.

Sounds nice,thank you.
Last question: Havoc or Foloko for daily use and which one is better updated ?

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
I'm just fine with floko. Battery life is ok, can be better but I'm not complaining. I use it for work, so about 1/2 sot and 2 hours calls, plus whatsapp web and some other apps. I manage to get home after 10 hours with 75/76 % left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190625-191021_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190625-191021_Settings.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:

maciek90

Aug 24, 2009
Wrocław
IF Havoc has enforcing SELinux, to get GPay working on GSI you should set up Google Play Services as beta tester, then you must set in Magisk Hide all the Google Play Services related apks and GPay itself.
I've just managed to get GPay working (at least configuring cards is ok, I will try to pay with it tomorrow).

I tried Magisk module that changes device fingerprint, but again I got stuck at boot animation.
Setting fingerprint manually by resetprop allowed OS to boot but ctsProfile was still false.

Finally I found another Magisk module called SafetyPatch by hackintosh5. CtsProfile passes check and Google Pay doesn't complain about rooted device.

maciek90

Aug 24, 2009
Wrocław
I've just paid with GPay. Everything went fine, just like on stock.

Now I wait only for FOD to work on AOD and all lenses available in GCam.

Actually FOD works on AOD when there is a notification. It stops working when there are only icons on AOD. Is it similar in Floko?

Reactions: Flounderist

champagne66601

May 1, 2016
I've just paid with GPay. Everything went fine, just like on stock.

Now I wait only for FOD to work on AOD and all lenses available in GCam.

Actually FOD works on AOD when there is a notification. It stops working when there are only icons on AOD. Is it similar in Floko?

Which GSI are you using? I've been in Floko this week and FOD doesn't work with AOD notifications

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using XDA Labs

danbrown162

Mar 12, 2010
Could someone do a little video review of floko and havoc. Would be very interested to see how these function. Also, to see performance in certain apps like gpay , gcam, etc

Brainstorm85

Jan 5, 2012
Okita kernel should pass SafetyNet out of the box.
I will give a try to safety patch later on. I am on stock kernel and even if magisk is passing SafetyNet GPay is not working at all.

So I had the same problem! My personal solution was: I installed Okitakernel +magisk with the SafetyPatch module from hackintosh5. After this, I was able to use GPay again and also paying works fine!

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
So I had the same problem! My personal solution was: I installed Okitakernel +magisk with the SafetyPatch module from hackintosh5. After this, I was able to use GPay again and also paying works fine!
Flashed custom kernel but still no luck. I won't use safety patch because it is messing build.prop.
Before fixing it, does your GPay was reacting when trying a payment at a POS? My GPay doesn't turn on at all.

maciek90

Aug 24, 2009
Wrocław
I had no cards configured so I didn't try it. I flashed SafetyPatch only because ctsProfile check was failing and I couldn't configure cards in GPay.

I found that NFC antenna in our devices is in top half of the phone. It didn't work when I tried to put the phone exactly in the center.

I have two questions for Floko users.

Have you tried voice calls in Messenger, Skype or WhatsApp? It looks like my mic doesn't work at all. I tried several fixes but it works only in normal calls, Google assistant and while recording videos.

I only have front and back camera in GCam from BSG. I don't have wide or 48mpx lens. Do you have them available in GCam? I read somewhere that wide lens is working in GCam from BSG.

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
I had no cards configured so I didn't try it. I flashed SafetyPatch only because ctsProfile check was failing and I couldn't configure cards in GPay.

I found that NFC antenna in our devices is in top half of the phone. It didn't work when I tried to put the phone exactly in the center.

I have two questions for Floko users.

Have you tried voice calls in Messenger, Skype or WhatsApp? It looks like my mic doesn't work at all. I tried several fixes but it works only in normal calls, Google assistant and while recording videos.

I only have front and back camera in GCam from BSG. I don't have wide or 48mpx lens. Do you have them available in GCam? I read somewhere that wide lens is working in GCam from BSG.
I always passed CTS profile on magisk since day 0. But no gpay working since I unlocked the bootloader. I tried tapping device from any possible angle, by the way. No NFC vibration at all.
I made several call with WhatsApp and mic work fine. 48mpx are a byproduct of pixel binning, so gcam read the real hardware sensor, that is 12mpx.
The wide angle works in portrait mode

Brainstorm85

Jan 5, 2012
Flashed custom kernel but still no luck. I won't use safety patch because it is messing build.prop.
Before fixing it, does your GPay was reacting when trying a payment at a POS? My GPay doesn't turn on at all.

Before I fixed it, I was not able to set up GPay at all. I always got the error that I have a rootet phone.
Oh and I forgot: After installing Okita, I also deleted the folder /data/data/com.google.android.gms in recovery mode. Also I cleared all data in the google play services.

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
Before I fixed it, I was not able to set up GPay at all. I always got the error that I have a rootet phone.
Oh and I forgot: After installing Okita, I also deleted the folder /data/data/com.google.android.gms in recovery mode. Also I cleared all data in the google play services.
I edited db file in com.google.android.gms only. Are you still getting updates and so on?

GuilGon

Mar 17, 2015
What camera app are you using? I'm on Floko and the rom is working pretty nice but I don't know how to take photos with Wide and Telephoto lenses. Thanks!

I solved it! I'm using gcam (just googled it) and configured settings to use both lenses.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here we go. Here you can find the repackaged 10.3.1.0 vendor and firmware (including modem) twrp-flashable zip. At the moment the results are interesting, but I need a bit more feedback from users on different networks and in different environments.

Also, Here is the V3 Magisk Module that adds some more props overlays (of course the bt and auto brightness fixes are still there). Be warned that flashing this zip requires also installing ims.apk or the sim won't be recognized. You can find the app attached to this post and you can just "adb install ims.apk" or install it from an in-phone file manager as a normal app.

Please let me know how it goes for you guys. If all is fine I'll open a new thread to keep a list of the magisk module versions and of the different vendor packages.

Update: Reinstated the download link for the vendor/firmware image. All good now.
    I'm conducting a test. Just repackaged miui 10.3.1.0 EEA by removing the system, boot, dtbo and vbmeta images. Slimmed the vendor overlay by removing everything related to china telecom and such. Flashed via TWRP over Floko and Okita kernel and the battery drain during calls seems a bit better now. I'll let you know if it's safe and working but I plan to push the package in cloud and share a link soon. If this works I'll make sure to publish updated flashable vendor/firmware packages to use with GSI roms. I'll keep you updated with the results....
    My favorite GSI Rom is Havoc OS 2.5

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...bled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030

Everything is working. With GApps it is the most Pixel like experience. It also works with okitakernel.

Flashing:

1. First wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik.
    Reboot to Recorey
    2. Install Global or EEA Xiaomi zip.
    Reboot to Recovery
    3. Install Hvoc OS System Image.
    Reboot to Recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    Reboot to Recovery
    5. Go to wipe and increase System
    Partition size.
    Reboot to Recovery
    6. Install okitakernel.
    Reboot to Recovery
    7. If you like to install GApps go to Step 8,
    else go to wipe and do factory reset.
    Then restart Sytem.
    8. Install GApps Package what you like.
    Reboot to Recovery
    9. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
    manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and then to app folder.
    Delete Via folder (its Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
    folder if you installed GCam with GApps (because you can later install the Mi9SE GCam Mod).
    Next go back and go to priv-app folder and delete Dialer folder if you installed Google Dialer.
    Reboot Recovery.
    10. Do factory reset.
    11. Restart to System.
    Same for me.
    In this zip there are many patch for mi9 and they aren't compatible with mi9SE

Care to try this one as a magisk module? I took all the files and configs from miui 10.2.9 EEA stable and tweaked a bit the overlay to enable auto brightness. It's based on the one from AndroPlus for MI9 but with the "correct" files for our phone.

Tested on my phone all day (I'm running floko) and both bt audio and calls work fine. Also auto brightness seems ok-ish... maybe needs some tweaks :)

Let me know if it works for you so maybe I can tweak it a bit more and put it on github for everyone :)
    Booted few days ago.. but now I am running the latest xiaomi.eu rom...

IMG_20190514_132211_395.jpgIMG_20190514_132208_905.jpgIMG_20190514_132145_667.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone