Flash GSI

Search This thread

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
I'm conducting a test. Just repackaged miui 10.3.1.0 EEA by removing the system, boot, dtbo and vbmeta images. Slimmed the vendor overlay by removing everything related to china telecom and such. Flashed via TWRP over Floko and Okita kernel and the battery drain during calls seems a bit better now. I'll let you know if it's safe and working but I plan to push the package in cloud and share a link soon. If this works I'll make sure to publish updated flashable vendor/firmware packages to use with GSI roms. I'll keep you updated with the results....

champagne66601

May 1, 2016
I'm conducting a test. Just repackaged miui 10.3.1.0 EEA by removing the system, boot, dtbo and vbmeta images. Slimmed the vendor overlay by removing everything related to china telecom and such. Flashed via TWRP over Floko and Okita kernel and the battery drain during calls seems a bit better now. I'll let you know if it's safe and working but I plan to push the package in cloud and share a link soon. If this works I'll make sure to publish updated flashable vendor/firmware packages to use with GSI roms. I'll keep you updated with the results....

That's nice! I will keep an eye on this

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using XDA Labs

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
So, here we go. Here you can find the repackaged 10.3.1.0 vendor and firmware (including modem) twrp-flashable zip. At the moment the results are interesting, but I need a bit more feedback from users on different networks and in different environments.

Also, Here is the V3 Magisk Module that adds some more props overlays (of course the bt and auto brightness fixes are still there). Be warned that flashing this zip requires also installing ims.apk or the sim won't be recognized. You can find the app attached to this post and you can just "adb install ims.apk" or install it from an in-phone file manager as a normal app.

Please let me know how it goes for you guys. If all is fine I'll open a new thread to keep a list of the magisk module versions and of the different vendor packages.

Update: Reinstated the download link for the vendor/firmware image. All good now.

Attachments

• ims.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ale.giordano

Oct 15, 2017
So, here we go. Here you can find the repackaged 10.3.1.0 vendor and firmware (including modem) twrp-flashable zip. At the moment the results are interesting, but I need a bit more feedback from users on different networks and in different environments.

Also, Here is the V3 Magisk Module that adds some more props overlays (of course the bt and auto brightness fixes are still there). Be warned that flashing this zip requires also installing ims.apk or the sim won't be recognized. You can find the app attached to this post and you can just "adb install ims.apk" or install it from an in-phone file manager as a normal app.

Please let me know how it goes for you guys. If all is fine I'll open a new thread to keep a list of the magisk module versions and of the different vendor packages.

Update: Reinstated the download link for the vendor/firmware image. All good now.

HI! thank you for your great work!

Reactions: pengus77

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Does installing ims.apk is mandatory? After flashing the module my sim is still recognized.

Screen brightness sometimes goes to 0 and then turn back to its level.

I will flash the firmware package later on.

Interesting. Here in Italy on Vodafone I had lots of problems without ims because the network auto configures volte. Had to install ims to get the sim working and then into network settings had to disable volte again (which btw works fine but drains oh-so-much-battery).

About the screen dimming, it's a side effect of the power decoupling and I think it's something that has to be dug into the display driver in kernel space. What I did in this module was to enable these

Code:
<bool name="config_powerDecoupleAutoSuspendModeFromDisplay">true</bool>
<bool name="config_powerDecoupleInteractiveModeFromDisplay">true</bool>

This is the suggested configuration for AoD capable devices because the first configuration instructs the system to doze without shutting down the screen, and the second (quoting the google comments in the aosp framework config)

When true, setInteractive(...) will be called independently of whether the display is being turned on or off. This mode enables the power manager to reduce clocks and disable the touch controller while the display is on.
This resource should be set to "true" when a doze component has been specified to maximize power savings but not all devices support it.

So I think our driver doesn't support it or simply puts the panel in low power mode, but also lowers the brightness. Need to check this out with @yuneharuka but it's an important switch because it allows runtime pm for the display (for example when you're reading a web page and not scrolling nor touching anything for a while, the display should go into low power).

I can repackage V3 with that setting set to off if it's a issue. Let me know :)

Last edited:

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
Here in Italy on Vodafone I had lots of problems without ims because the network auto configures volte.

In Ireland here, using TescoMobile, a MVNO on Three network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco_Mobile).
My SIM is a 4G, I'm not sure if VoLTE is enabled.
I will check if network drain will be increasing, just in case. In the latest times it has been very low.

For the auto-brightness issue, if I understood the screen automatically dim if there are no touches.
If you believe that it won't affect screen dimming when it should do, please proceed, otherwise keep it as it is. :highfive:

Last edited:

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
In Ireland here, using TescoMobile, a MVNO on Three network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco_Mobile).
My SIM is a 4G, I'm not sure if VoLTE is enabled.
I will check if network drain will be increasing, just in case. In the latest times it has been very low.

For the auto-brightness issue, if I understood the screen automatically dim if there are no touches.
If you believe that it won't affect screen dimming when it should do, please proceed, otherwise keep it as it is. :highfive:

Got it. So your provider doesn't provision volte and that's ok. Have you checked in floko settings if volte icon is enabled? If it's not, enable it and see if it's provisioned.
Anyway for the brightness "issue" I'll check how it behaves here with and without runtime pm and keep you updated on the results :)

My issue was not the network stanby, but the huge drain during phone calls. Now I can talk for hours with very limited drain.

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Device itself is VoLTE enabled, network is offering 4G only. I just made a call (less than 10 minutes) and battery didn't drop at all :)

... and that's a good thing, right? :p
Anyway also screen on time should be a bit better with the runtime pm enabled.

Did you get to flash the firmware/vendor zip too? All good there? When you flash it you should also magically see the right settings appear in mobile network mode (lte, gsm, etc) instead of the f*cked up xml filenames :)

Reactions: Flounderist

kra1iz3c

Sep 14, 2011

I can test it with Italian Iliad. All I have to do is to flash vendor and firmware, right? Can I dirty flash then?

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
I can test it with Italian Iliad. All I have to do is to flash vendor and firmware, right? Can I dirty flash then?

Yeah sure, the firmware/vendor pack is safe to flash and just updates the firmware and vendor partitions. Doesn't touch system or data at all.
To check volte and such, also install the magisk module through magisk manager.

Not yet because I was waiting for some feedback more. I cannot use my home PC now and I'm a bit scared to screw my daily driver.

Ok, I'll wait 'till you feel safer :p

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
@pengus77 I found a flashable zip for soundfx fix in GSI ROMs. Could you be able to add it to the magisk module?
Thank you! :good:

PS XDA app doesn't load file :silly: the file is available in the grus family telegram group.

Last edited:

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
@pengus77 I found a flashable zip for soundfx fix in GSI ROMs. Could you be able to add it to the magisk module?

PS XDA app doesn't load file :silly: the file is available in the grus family telegram group.

Link to the group? Nevermind, found it and the file. It's doable, tomorrow morning I'll add it to the module and test it. If it works I'll publish it.

Last edited:

moorware

Jun 14, 2019
עפולה
OnePlus 8 Pro
Installed havoc 2.6 with EU 2.9.0, encountered the following bugs:

1. wrong pin code / password even if it is correct.
2. Mobile network does not work.
3. Some applications have crashes on certain pages.

As far as I understand, these bugs are just mine, how can I fix them?

UPD: used xiaomi.eu weekly as a base, all the bugs are gone

Last edited:

pengus77

Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011

Hey there, I repackaged the magisk module with the sound fix from the telegram group. All good so far, but AudioFX still errors out and dies. I think there are some assets missing that it's looking for:

Code:
07-05 12:39:31.888   975  1634 W AudioFlinger: createEffect() effect not found
07-05 12:39:31.888  8880  8880 E AudioEffect: set(): AudioFlinger could not create effect 0bed4300-ddd6-11db-8f34-0002a5d5c51b / ec7178ec-e5e1-4432-a3f4-4657e6795210, status: -22
07-05 12:39:31.888  8880  8880 E AudioEffects-JNI: AudioEffect initCheck failed -3
07-05 12:39:31.888  8880  8880 E AudioEffect-JAVA: Error code -3 when initializing AudioEffect.
07-05 12:39:31.889  8880  8880 E AudioFx-EffectSet: error creatingEffectSet (AndroidEffects) [  mSessionId: 0 mDeviceInfo: null mGlobalEnabled: false ], releasing and throwing!
07-05 12:39:31.889  8880  8880 E AudioFxService: Failed to initialize defaults!

There's not much I can do with Magisk here. Better to use Viper or something else for now. This is a ROM issue imho.

Find attached the V4 module for testing purposes :)

Attachments

• magisk_patch_for_Mi9SE_v4.zip
    89.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My favorite GSI Rom is Havoc OS 2.5

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...bled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030

Everything is working. With GApps it is the most Pixel like experience. It also works with okitakernel.

Flashing:

1. First wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik.
    Reboot to Recorey
    2. Install Global or EEA Xiaomi zip.
    Reboot to Recovery
    3. Install Hvoc OS System Image.
    Reboot to Recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    Reboot to Recovery
    5. Go to wipe and increase System
    Partition size.
    Reboot to Recovery
    6. Install okitakernel.
    Reboot to Recovery
    7. If you like to install GApps go to Step 8,
    else go to wipe and do factory reset.
    Then restart Sytem.
    8. Install GApps Package what you like.
    Reboot to Recovery
    9. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
    manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and then to app folder.
    Delete Via folder (its Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
    folder if you installed GCam with GApps (because you can later install the Mi9SE GCam Mod).
    Next go back and go to priv-app folder and delete Dialer folder if you installed Google Dialer.
    Reboot Recovery.
    10. Do factory reset.
    11. Restart to System.
    Same for me.
    In this zip there are many patch for mi9 and they aren't compatible with mi9SE

Care to try this one as a magisk module? I took all the files and configs from miui 10.2.9 EEA stable and tweaked a bit the overlay to enable auto brightness. It's based on the one from AndroPlus for MI9 but with the "correct" files for our phone.

Tested on my phone all day (I'm running floko) and both bt audio and calls work fine. Also auto brightness seems ok-ish... maybe needs some tweaks :)

Let me know if it works for you so maybe I can tweak it a bit more and put it on github for everyone :)
    Booted few days ago.. but now I am running the latest xiaomi.eu rom...

IMG_20190514_132211_395.jpgIMG_20190514_132208_905.jpgIMG_20190514_132145_667.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone