Flash GSI

Search This thread

rzki03

Sep 13, 2017
GB
I've booted to FlokoROM successfully. But the text around statusbar is kind of bigger than display itself, know what i mean? that makes the text kind of exceeded the display. Anyone knows how to solve it?
already edit the font size and display size too, but still the text is bigger than the corner of the display

rzki03

Sep 13, 2017
GB
Off course I did not :eek:. Let me try again.....

Ok so, what worked with me:
From global rom, with FlokoROM 190626 and gapps nano
fastboot erase system
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot

boot directly to TWRP
install magisk
reboot system

first boot ok

Restart to TWRP to install gapps.
- wipe/resize system
- flashing gapps
- wipe again

Reboot system.

I now have sound, wifi

I'm following this steps to boot successfully into FlokoROM. But as i said earlier, the text is little bit bigger than the display so the text kind of past the display, and now i've found that on my device, the fingerprint is not working. i've been trying to add my fingerprint but it doesn't register. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Google Face Unlock is also keep stopping. Maybe i'll revert back to xiaomi eu for now...

Last edited:

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
I've booted to FlokoROM successfully. But the text around statusbar is kind of bigger than display itself, know what i mean? that makes the text kind of exceeded the display. Anyone knows how to solve it?
already edit the font size and display size too, but still the text is bigger than the corner of the display
Some information from FlokoROM page would be helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-30-06-33-53-878_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-30-06-33-53-878_com.android.chrome.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 425

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks for the answer, I tought it could be related to other thing. Nevermind, on my TV it should use the DRM of the chromecast, so Netflix would be in fullHD I guess.
On the phone screen, it's not that important.

Quick question if someone knows. Where can I activate double tap to wake screen? We need to wake screen before using the fingerprint, and it's annoying to use the power button each time.... So if someone knows...

So, I installed the magsik module for bluetooth incall and double tap to wake:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVpmqecNGD2oOa2C-jkvCVvjycvJvLgp/view
I also did the "adb shell settings put secure sysui_rounded_content_padding 8" command for the notification bar, and added MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0b.apk as camera.

IMO the experience is way better than MIUI one, especially coming from Oneplus6.

Last edited:

rzki03

Sep 13, 2017
GB

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
Guys, did you performed fastboot commands using Minimal ADB & Fastboot package or full SDK Android Tool package?

Micha_Btz

So, I installed the magsik module for bluetooth incall and double tap to wake:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVpmqecNGD2oOa2C-jkvCVvjycvJvLgp/view
I also did the "adb shell settings put secure sysui_rounded_content_padding 8" command for the notification bar, and added MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0b.apk as camera.

IMO the experience is way better than MIUI one, especially coming from Oneplus6.

Since mine should be unlockable today what is MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0b.apk for?

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Guys, did you performed fastboot commands using Minimal ADB & Fastboot package or full SDK Android Tool package?

I did it from Minimal ADB & Fastboot.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Since mine should be unlockable today what is MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0b.apk for?

It's the google cam app. IMO, snap cam is way worst than even the mi one.
So I installed this one and I'm happy with it.

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
Ok, even vbmeta flash was fine using it?
Minimal ADB could not work in disabling dm-verity, hence you need to flash Magisk to get the ROM to boot up.
Could you confirm you didn't get any error output when flashing vbmeta.img?

@ggazza: I am collecting some information to post a flashing guide. In the meanwhile please check the previous posts. :good:

Last edited:

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Ok, even vbmeta flash was fine using it?
Minimal ADB could not work in disabling dm-verity, hence you need to flash Magisk to get the ROM to boot up.
Could you confirm you didn't get any error output when flashing vbmeta.img?

@ggazza: I am collecting some information to post a flashing guide. In the meanwhile please check the previous posts. :good:

I red that too. But it worked with me. I can tell you that because without vbmeta.img I couldn't even boot to the rom. Once I flashed vbmeta.img I booted but with the bugs I reported before. Bugs which were corrected by Magisk.
So Maybe I was lucky, but vbmeta.img flashing were ok with minimal for me....

Reactions: Flounderist

rzki03

Sep 13, 2017
GB
Hey guys, sorry for OOT. does anyone here using Revolution OS? i heard from Mi 9 Forum it's better than xiaomi.eu rom. kindly give feedback for people that using that rom. Thanks!

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007

Hijacks

Jul 21, 2008
My favorite GSI Rom is Havoc OS 2.5

https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030

Everything is working. With GApps it is the most Pixel like experience. It also works with okitakernel.

Flashing:

1. First wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik.
Reboot to Recorey
2. Install Global or EEA Xiaomi zip.
Reboot to Recovery
3. Install Hvoc OS System Image.
Reboot to Recovery
4. Flash Magisk
Reboot to Recovery
5. Go to wipe and increase System
Partition size.
Reboot to Recovery
6. Install okitakernel.
Reboot to Recovery
7. If you like to install GApps go to Step 8,
else go to wipe and do factory reset.
Then restart Sytem.
8. Install GApps Package what you like.
Reboot to Recovery
9. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and then to app folder.
Delete Via folder (its Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
folder if you installed GCam with GApps (because you can later install the Mi9SE GCam Mod).
Next go back and go to priv-app folder and delete Dialer folder if you installed Google Dialer.
Reboot Recovery.
10. Do factory reset.
11. Restart to System.

Last edited:

rzki03

Sep 13, 2017
GB

https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030

Everything is working. With GApps it is the most Pixel like experience. It also works with okitakernel.

Flashing:

Reboot to Recorey
Reboot to Recovery
Reboot to Recovery
4. Go to wipe and increase System
Partition size.
Reboot to Recovery
5. Install okitakernel.
Reboot to Recovery
. Reboot Recovery.
6. If you like to install GApps go to Step 7,
Then restart Sytem.
7. Install GApps Package what you like.
Reboot to Recovery
8. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and
then to app folder. Delete Via folder (its
Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
folder if you installed GCam with GApps
(because you can later install the Mi9SE
GCam Mod)
Next go back and go to priv-app folder
and delete Dialer folder if you installed...

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Google Dialer.
Renoot Recovery.
9. Do factory reset.
10. Restart to System.

Gesendet von meinem Phh-Treble vanilla mit Tapatalk

fingerprint works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here we go. Here you can find the repackaged 10.3.1.0 vendor and firmware (including modem) twrp-flashable zip. At the moment the results are interesting, but I need a bit more feedback from users on different networks and in different environments.

Also, Here is the V3 Magisk Module that adds some more props overlays (of course the bt and auto brightness fixes are still there). Be warned that flashing this zip requires also installing ims.apk or the sim won't be recognized. You can find the app attached to this post and you can just "adb install ims.apk" or install it from an in-phone file manager as a normal app.

Please let me know how it goes for you guys. If all is fine I'll open a new thread to keep a list of the magisk module versions and of the different vendor packages.

Update: Reinstated the download link for the vendor/firmware image. All good now.
    I'm conducting a test. Just repackaged miui 10.3.1.0 EEA by removing the system, boot, dtbo and vbmeta images. Slimmed the vendor overlay by removing everything related to china telecom and such. Flashed via TWRP over Floko and Okita kernel and the battery drain during calls seems a bit better now. I'll let you know if it's safe and working but I plan to push the package in cloud and share a link soon. If this works I'll make sure to publish updated flashable vendor/firmware packages to use with GSI roms. I'll keep you updated with the results....

Flashing:

Reboot to Recorey
    Reboot to Recovery
    Reboot to Recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    Reboot to Recovery
    5. Go to wipe and increase System
    Partition size.
    Reboot to Recovery
    6. Install okitakernel.
    Reboot to Recovery
    7. If you like to install GApps go to Step 8,
    Then restart Sytem.
    8. Install GApps Package what you like.
    Reboot to Recovery
    9. Mount Sytem and start TWRP file
    manager Go to /sytem root/sytem and then to app folder.
    Delete Via folder (its Havoc OS or LOS Browser) and camera2
    folder if you installed GCam with GApps (because you can later install the Mi9SE GCam Mod).
    Next go back and go to priv-app folder and delete Dialer folder if you installed Google Dialer.
    Reboot Recovery.
    10. Do factory reset.
    11. Restart to System.
    Same for me.
    In this zip there are many patch for mi9 and they aren't compatible with mi9SE

Care to try this one as a magisk module? I took all the files and configs from miui 10.2.9 EEA stable and tweaked a bit the overlay to enable auto brightness. It's based on the one from AndroPlus for MI9 but with the "correct" files for our phone.

Tested on my phone all day (I'm running floko) and both bt audio and calls work fine. Also auto brightness seems ok-ish... maybe needs some tweaks :)

Let me know if it works for you so maybe I can tweak it a bit more and put it on github for everyone :)
    Booted few days ago.. but now I am running the latest xiaomi.eu rom...

IMG_20190514_132211_395.jpgIMG_20190514_132208_905.jpgIMG_20190514_132145_667.jpg