• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flash international ROM to Tmobile/Metro w/ locked bootloader

Search This thread

PopCaps1996

Screenshot_6.png

hopefully they send me a code.

Last edited:
Reactions: arda99 and BTK19

mbl1979

May 15, 2014
Roxboro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
You wanted it, you asked for it, here it is in its patched glory. I give you the modified N10 5G TMobile GLOBAL install file for the TMobile MSM tool.

As the instructions in the OP, just drop this file in to a downloaded tmobile MSM tool, start the flash, and boot your device to EDL. Whole process took me approx. 5min 15sec start to boot.

Modded file is HERE

The file does NOT need to be renamed! For your own personal safty BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL OPS FILE BEFORE MOVING THE MODDED FILE IN PLACE!

If someone could mirror the file that would be fantastic!!
thank you so much!!!!! I've been banging my head at a wall for 2 days trying to get this outcome. thank you for your contribution to XDA.

arda99

Jan 4, 2011
Flashed to EU ROM, still single sim(no dual sim settings at all) and needs token for BL unlock. So seems no benefits for EU rom.

Also tried to contact the clueless 1+ support. After some back and forth, was told they're aware of the issue and need to wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTK19
can anyone tell me why you would want to do this? i'm sure there's a reason but i can't discern what it is.
Primarily to remove carrier branding from the device, but in most cases, 1+ usually distributes global firmware versions first before the carrier locked devices see the update. So flashing the international version usually puts you on a faster update track.

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Primarily to remove carrier branding from the device, but in most cases, 1+ usually distributes global firmware versions first before the carrier locked devices see the update. So flashing the international version usually puts you on a faster update track.
Also better carrier compatibility.
The stock metropcs firmware may block VoLTE and wifi calling on other carriers.

Reactions: Omegapsy and BTK19

w9909989

Nov 6, 2015
HI,im already flash internal to my metro N10,,but I wanna try european firmware and I dont know how to make edited settings.xml and patched recovery.img inside OPS,can you make one for me?I wanna see US support dual sim.

HI,im already flash internal to my metro N10,,but I wanna try european firmware and I dont know how to make edited settings.xml and patched recovery.img inside OPS,can you make one for me?I wanna see US support dual sim.
The US models of this device do not have the second SIM card pins from what I understand. No amount of firmware changes is going to fix that.

stoag

Mar 2, 2017
Omegapsy said:
You wanted it, you asked for it, here it is in its patched glory. I give you the modified N10 5G TMobile GLOBAL install file for the TMobile MSM tool.

As the instructions in the OP, just drop this file in to a downloaded tmobile MSM tool, start the flash, and boot your device to EDL. Whole process took me approx. 5min 15sec start to boot.

Modded file is HERE

The file does NOT need to be renamed! For your own personal safty BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL OPS FILE BEFORE MOVING THE MODDED FILE IN PLACE!

Click to collapse

any chance I can get a link to this file? the current link is dead.

Omegapsy said:

Modded file is HERE

Click to collapse

any chance I can get a link to this file? the current link is dead.
The file was mirrored here generously hosted by @allenjthomsen

Reactions: allenjthomsen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After doing this, will the debloat script still allow me to toggle the unlock bootloader?

I have a Metro N10 (BE2025). When I run the debloat tool it allows me to unlock my bootloader, and I'm waiting on OP now after submitting my unlock token.

I'm interested in "upgrading" to this international version, but I need to be sure I can still root after I do it. @PopCaps1996 you've done amazing work in this thread and others, I bet you'd know the answer to my question? Much appreciated.
    yes its rootable through twrp. just flash magisk zip then reboot
    an now your rooted
    Ok guys, after reading all of the comments, I'm a bit confused where to start with the flashing..
    I have metro version of nord 105g with network unlock and I also got the unlocked token from oneplus yesterday and the bootloader is unlocked now.
    I would like to flash the global rom to get some extra features to the phone like wifi call on a different carrier. The phone has the latest version Android 11.
    Doesn't anyone has the modded file for metro pcs to flash to global using msm tool straight that could share? I would appreciate that would save me doing all the steps. Thanks a lot in advance

Metro2Global N10 MSMTool pre-patched rom Link

download this
    back up data an apps
    reboot to edl
    open msmtool then hit start
    do not touch phone during process until phone self reboot an program tells you its complete
    yes its rootable through twrp. just flash magisk zip then reboot
    an now your rooted

Thank you for the instructions, I did the update today, went smooth like butter.. I just had to install the Qualcomm drivers to be able to communicate to the phone on edl outside of that 421seconds later the phone was ready. Thank you for sharing your work I appreciate it
    it wasn't my work. it was
    @ieatgravity

thanks to him​

but im glad you got it to work

MAJOR UPDATE: Managed to flash Global stock rom to the MetroPCS variant

Pros: Stock Oneplus and everything works
    Cons: OEM unlock is still greyed out

Before you go any further:

THERE IS NO ROOT FOR THIS DEVICE WITH A LOCKED BOOTLOADER (YET). THIS THREAD IS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF METHODS TO ACHIEVE THIS.

Just got this device from MetroPCS this week and love this device. However I found out very quick that you have to be with MetroPCS for 180 days before you can get unlocked. To unlock the bootloader you have to be sim unlocked from the carrier.

This thread will be for development of a working root process for others to offer perspective. Feel free to try to replicate at your own risk. If anyone is interested in these files/tools let me know and I will publish more links.

;Download international and metro ROM and MSM tool from these thread (thanks to @Some_Random_Username)​

International

MetroPCS

This download will include the latest MSM Download Tool

The work around that I found does not need MSM to be patched

;TOOLS
    download and extract oppo decrypt master
    unpack and repack .OPS files for use with MSM Download Tool 4 .exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TD;RL:
    Extract the .ops file, open settings.xml replace the project ID, repack

Set up:
    1. Download international zip and metro zip from above, extract into 2 seperate folders and delete billie8t_14_O.01_201218.ops in the metro folder
    2. have adb installed
    3. Install python3 and prereqs for oppo decrypt master

Extract .ops, edit and flash:
    1. unzip the zip file with the .ops file from both folders and move it to the folder with oppo decrypt
    2. run "python3 opscrypto.py decrypt billie8_14_O.01_210128.ops" (decrypt both .ops files from each firmware, the first one being the metro and get the /extract/settings.xml file and open it. we will need info from it)
    3. Now extract the international firmware with opoo decrypt and open the extract folder
    4. open "settings.xml" from both firmwares in your favorite editor
    6. Change the following in the international settings.xml: Project=20886 to Project=20885 and ModelVerifyRandom= (THESE NEED TO BE EXACTLY WHAT ARE IN THE METRO SETTINGS.XML file)
    6. Save the file
    7. run "python3 opscrypto.py encrypt extract". This will create a file called out.ops
    8. Once finished place out.ops into the metro firmware folder and rename to "billie8t_14_O.01_201218.ops"
    9. With your phone turned on, plug your phone into the computer
    10. Open MSMdownloadtoolv4.0.exe and press start
    11. Run "adb reboot edl"
    12. Your computer should recognize and start the download.
    13. Wait a while and it will reboot.

Here is my working files for anyone who wants to tinker
    Includes MSMdownloadtools, modded OPS file and (edited settings.xml and patched recovery.img inside OPS)

Updated downloads include:
    Decrypted Metro OPS (IMGs, BIN, etc)
    Metro to Global (OPS)
    Metro to Global w/ magisk patched recovery (ZIP)
    Google Drive - Updated 7/11/2021
    I looked at his github code several months ago and it doesn't seem to be legitimate, more like fishing code.
    Like the code he claims to sim unlock, it actually just bypass the setup security and has nothing to do with sim network unlock.

td;rl: bypassed metropcs sim unlock to ungrey oem unlock and got my unlock code for oneplus

I tried his method, and it didn't work. Looking back I think I didn't follow the instructions properly.

BUTTTTTT

On his github it said his version was a fork of @w1nst0n_fr Universal ADB Debloater. So I tried that out.

Ran the script, debloated using OnePlus.sh and Qualcomm.sh through the menu.

Once complete rebooted the device and OEM UNLOCK WAS UNGREYED.

I was able to toggle it on

Rebooted into bootloader and ran "fastboot oem unlock" and received something about i must enter the unlock code first (PROGRESS!)

ran "fastboot oem get_unlock_code" and got the unlock code WITHOUT waiting 180 days on MetroPCS to Sim unlock.

Not sure if it is actually sim unlocked as I do not know how to test it without swapping sim cards (any suggestions?)
    For those asking for the T-Mobile variant to be uploaded. I have crap upload but am currently trying to upload the patched ops file to share. Once I get it uploaded I'll post it here for you all.
    I was able to flash the Global stock Oneplus rom using MSM download tools to the MetroPCS Nord N10 5G.

BUT

OEM unlock is still greyed out. Any ideas?

also updated first post with how to replicate what I did to flash. This should work on any variant as long as you replace the project number to your own

Modded file is HERE