Flash international ROM to Tmobile/Metro w/ locked bootloader

Search This thread

arda99

Jan 4, 2011
I switched from Metro ROM to Global ROM. I was trying to roll back to android 10 using the script provided for in the Pixel Experience ROM to that I can flash the ROM. Now the MSM tool for unbricking device for Global ROM says 'device not match image 20885". What to do?
Regardless whatever ROM you flash the hardware id remains unchanged. So to back to 10 you need original Metro MSM or Metro2Global MSM, you can't use original global MSM.

arda99

Jan 4, 2011
Guys need help.Im do all what wrote in guide,but msm give to me error "device not match image (20888)

Looks like you have a TMobile N10, and as the guide is for Metro, you need to change

Project=20886 to Project=20888 instead of 20885

For future reference

20885=BE2025=Metro
20886=BE2026=Global(US) unlocked
20888=BE2028=TMo
20889=BE2029=EU unlocked

Reactions: 0FIMA0

0FIMA0

Sep 18, 2021
Ukraine
Looks like you have a TMobile N10, and as the guide is for Metro, you need to change

Project=20886 to Project=20888 instead of 20885

For future reference

20885=BE2025=Metro
20886=BE2026=Global(US) unlocked
20888=BE2028=TMo
20889=BE2029=EU unlocked
Thanks man!So stupid thing,i Don't found this without your help).But error is still crashes

Last edited:

0FIMA0

Sep 18, 2021
Ukraine
Im do all,like on guide ,but it still not working.Maybe someone has more ideas why its happening?

Attachments

• IMG_20211208_121512.jpg
    IMG_20211208_121512.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20211208_121516.jpg
    IMG_20211208_121516.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20211208_121740.jpg
    IMG_20211208_121740.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20211208_121752.jpg
    IMG_20211208_121752.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 114

0FIMA0

Sep 18, 2021
Ukraine
UPD:Guys,im Flashed global rom on a T-Mobile,but message "netwrok locked"is still stay on screen.No way to unlock sim,only leave ticket for unlocking?

0FIMA0

Sep 18, 2021
Ukraine
Greetings to all!Im finally flashed my t-mob to global,but sim lock still staying.Im tried to unlock bootloader,and successfully done it,and them flashed on it custom rom.And know what happened?Handset doesn't wanna to "use" my sim.

kreegaa

Apr 7, 2010
Greetings to all!Im finally flashed my t-mob to global,but sim lock still staying.Im tried to unlock bootloader,and successfully done it,and them flashed on it custom rom.And know what happened?Handset doesn't wanna to "use" my sim.
i think you are confusing network unlocking with bootloader unlock/root/whatever

kreegaa

Apr 7, 2010
i'm getting a does not match image error when trying out this method. anybody still have the modified .ops for metro to global? please and thank you!

Figured out to get past that error. I had to change 3 of the settings.
BasicInfo Project=
ModelVerifyPrjName=
ModelVerifyRandom=

Last edited:

vitaalz

Jan 20, 2022
i'm getting a does not match image error when trying out this method. anybody still have the modified .ops for metro to global? please and thank you!

Figured out to get past that error. I had to change 3 of the settings.
BasicInfo Project=
ModelVerifyPrjName=
ModelVerifyRandom=
I managed to flash Metro --> Global by modifying these 5:

BasicInfo Project=
Version=
ModelVerifyPrjName=
ModelVerifyRandom=
ModelVerifyHashToken=

vitaalz

Jan 20, 2022
I managed to flash Metro --> Global by modifying these 5:

BasicInfo Project=
Version=
ModelVerifyPrjName=
ModelVerifyRandom=
ModelVerifyHashToken=
But the phone is still locked to the metro's network and OEM unlockng is still greyed-out. Also now the network unlock menu is greyed-out.

Does anybody know how to unlock the network other way than official?

Last edited:

kreegaa

Apr 7, 2010
But the phone is still locked to the metro's network and OEM unlockng is still greyed-out. Also now the network unlock menu is greyed-out.

Does anybody know how to unlock the network other way than official?
there was a method posted on here.. i think the thread is even linked on one of the earlier pages on this thread.. but the link to the github has been removed since then. i'm talking about a free network unlock method somebody posted a few months back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MAJOR UPDATE: Managed to flash Global stock rom to the MetroPCS variant

Pros: Stock Oneplus and everything works
    Cons: OEM unlock is still greyed out

Before you go any further:

THERE IS NO ROOT FOR THIS DEVICE WITH A LOCKED BOOTLOADER (YET). THIS THREAD IS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF METHODS TO ACHIEVE THIS.

Just got this device from MetroPCS this week and love this device. However I found out very quick that you have to be with MetroPCS for 180 days before you can get unlocked. To unlock the bootloader you have to be sim unlocked from the carrier.

This thread will be for development of a working root process for others to offer perspective. Feel free to try to replicate at your own risk. If anyone is interested in these files/tools let me know and I will publish more links.

;Download international and metro ROM and MSM tool from these thread (thanks to @Some_Random_Username)​

International

MetroPCS

This download will include the latest MSM Download Tool

The work around that I found does not need MSM to be patched

;TOOLS
    download and extract oppo decrypt master
    unpack and repack .OPS files for use with MSM Download Tool 4 .exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TD;RL:
    Extract the .ops file, open settings.xml replace the project ID, repack

Set up:
    1. Download international zip and metro zip from above, extract into 2 seperate folders and delete billie8t_14_O.01_201218.ops in the metro folder
    2. have adb installed
    3. Install python3 and prereqs for oppo decrypt master

Extract .ops, edit and flash:
    1. unzip the zip file with the .ops file from both folders and move it to the folder with oppo decrypt
    2. run "python3 opscrypto.py decrypt billie8_14_O.01_210128.ops" (decrypt both .ops files from each firmware, the first one being the metro and get the /extract/settings.xml file and open it. we will need info from it)
    3. Now extract the international firmware with opoo decrypt and open the extract folder
    4. open "settings.xml" from both firmwares in your favorite editor
    6. Change the following in the international settings.xml: Project=20886 to Project=20885 and ModelVerifyRandom= (THESE NEED TO BE EXACTLY WHAT ARE IN THE METRO SETTINGS.XML file)
    6. Save the file
    7. run "python3 opscrypto.py encrypt extract". This will create a file called out.ops
    8. Once finished place out.ops into the metro firmware folder and rename to "billie8t_14_O.01_201218.ops"
    9. With your phone turned on, plug your phone into the computer
    10. Open MSMdownloadtoolv4.0.exe and press start
    11. Run "adb reboot edl"
    12. Your computer should recognize and start the download.
    13. Wait a while and it will reboot.

Here is my working files for anyone who wants to tinker
    Includes MSMdownloadtools, modded OPS file and (edited settings.xml and patched recovery.img inside OPS)

Updated downloads include:
    Decrypted Metro OPS (IMGs, BIN, etc)
    Metro to Global (OPS)
    Metro to Global w/ magisk patched recovery (ZIP)
    Google Drive - Updated 7/11/2021
    I looked at his github code several months ago and it doesn't seem to be legitimate, more like fishing code.
    Like the code he claims to sim unlock, it actually just bypass the setup security and has nothing to do with sim network unlock.

td;rl: bypassed metropcs sim unlock to ungrey oem unlock and got my unlock code for oneplus

I tried his method, and it didn't work. Looking back I think I didn't follow the instructions properly.

BUTTTTTT

On his github it said his version was a fork of @w1nst0n_fr Universal ADB Debloater. So I tried that out.

Ran the script, debloated using OnePlus.sh and Qualcomm.sh through the menu.

Once complete rebooted the device and OEM UNLOCK WAS UNGREYED.

I was able to toggle it on

Rebooted into bootloader and ran "fastboot oem unlock" and received something about i must enter the unlock code first (PROGRESS!)

ran "fastboot oem get_unlock_code" and got the unlock code WITHOUT waiting 180 days on MetroPCS to Sim unlock.

Not sure if it is actually sim unlocked as I do not know how to test it without swapping sim cards (any suggestions?)
    For those asking for the T-Mobile variant to be uploaded. I have crap upload but am currently trying to upload the patched ops file to share. Once I get it uploaded I'll post it here for you all.
    I was able to flash the Global stock Oneplus rom using MSM download tools to the MetroPCS Nord N10 5G.

BUT

OEM unlock is still greyed out. Any ideas?

also updated first post with how to replicate what I did to flash. This should work on any variant as long as you replace the project number to your own
    You wanted it, you asked for it, here it is in its patched glory. I give you the modified N10 5G TMobile GLOBAL install file for the TMobile MSM tool.

As the instructions in the OP, just drop this file in to a downloaded tmobile MSM tool, start the flash, and boot your device to EDL. Whole process took me approx. 5min 15sec start to boot.

Modded file is HERE

The file does NOT need to be renamed! For your own personal safty BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL OPS FILE BEFORE MOVING THE MODDED FILE IN PLACE!

If someone could mirror the file that would be fantastic!!