• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flash LG G8 Stock firmware with LGUP

Search This thread

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
You need:

LGUP 1.15 - LGup_cmd.exe
LGUP DLL for G8
LG USB Drivers
LG G8 ThinQ latest firmware
1041509743.jpg

https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g8-th...nbrick-restore-lg-g8-thinq-back-to-stock.html

MasterThiefGarrett

Sep 4, 2010
So I imported the LG G8 from the USA, I'm based in The Netherlands.
It has a Sprint firmware on it, it's unlocked so I can use it no problems... can I flash an unbranded firmware on this?
Thanks!

maxmotos

Mar 30, 2016
Washington DC
Guys any new LG device will not be able to crossflash unfortunately LG has caught up to our crossflashing here on XDA and has now blocked us from doing so. for now we are stuck until someone finds a way to bypass.

So far the devices showing this new lock method;
  1. G8
  2. V50
  3. Stylo 5

juninhoak

Sep 18, 2018
Guys any new LG device will not be able to crossflash unfortunately LG has caught up to our crossflashing here on XDA and has now blocked us from doing so. for now we are stuck until someone finds a way to bypass.

So far the devices showing this new lock method;
  1. G8
  2. V50
  3. Stylo 5

Is anyone trying to find a way to put the stock ROM on the g8 with carrier?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi dear driend, can u find the .dll archive for lg g8s? Sorry x my bad english

Enviado desde mi LM-G810 mediante Tapatalk

no i thought maybe can customize it from g8 to g8s dll. respectively from V40

The attached DLL MSI - 1.0.40 - worked for my G8S.
    You need:

LGUP 1.15 - LGup_cmd.exe
    LGUP DLL for G8
    LG USB Drivers
    LG G8 ThinQ latest firmware
    1041509743.jpg

https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g8-th...nbrick-restore-lg-g8-thinq-back-to-stock.html
    You don't need to disable anything. Just disconnect battery, then plug in battery and you can connect in download like normal. You need to remove demo mode if you want to turn off device with buttons but if you disconnect battery, just reconnect battery and plug in with volume up and flash it.

Also this video for remove demo mode with passcode is only to remove demo mode from normal carrier devices (if your device has AT&T icons use this method and device will be good as new, only use my method if model number ends in V - G820V, G710V, etc...).

I did use Octopus to convert and flash it. I never tried with LGUP. If you have octopus I could share the converted file (*.oct format) but easy enough to do yourself.

On that G820V , did you have to disable retail mode before flashing G820UM310d_00_USC_US_OP_0731.kdz?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I prefer armed robbery. Just put on a mask, 2 minutes you are in , you are out. But truck/cargo hijacking is a good source too. Can pay a crackhead to just run out of the store with demo models. There are many ways to obtain them. Definitely not on $80 on eBay. These LG G8 demo models are too precious.

You have a demo mode device? Where did you get it from?
    I was able to flash G820UM310d_00_USC_US_OP_0731.kdz firmware with Octopus. I flashed a demo model G820V and an AT&T G820UM. The G820UM completed flash successfully but now screen says "OPID Mismatched". The G820V flashed and actually boots into the home screen and changed model to G820UM (but of course no signal because demo model)

The AT&T G820UM, I still have download mode but no stock AT&T firmware to flash.
    Can I cross flash with this process?
    I've a LG G8 AT&T and I want to crossflash the Korean firmware.

As far as i know, there is no way to convert AT&T G8 model into Korean variants now.