flash player working on 4.4 kitkat (instructions)

Search This thread

rp_guy

Mar 4, 2009

ogrillion

Jun 8, 2008
Thanks for posting this works perfectly. Only thing is I can't get hulu to work in desktop mode, but it didn't work right with 4.3 either for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

peinneon

Jul 30, 2013
Just use MX Player to play your flash files. Dolphin is just for embedded flash. Don't follow....

i tried that before, but it seems it can't open my swf files, on 4.3 i open those files by accessing the local files on firefox, and it's working. i don't know why any swf players (mx player, etc) can't open my files...

sorry for my bad english

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
puzzled

i tried that before, but it seems it can't open my swf files, on 4.3 i open those files by accessing the local files on firefox, and it's working. i don't know why any swf players (mx player, etc) can't open my files...

sorry for my bad english

That is an issue with your MX player install then. It worked just fine for me. Have you tried just firing up MX player and opening the file? If you dont see the file then go to settings, list, video folders. Also consider just a swf player app.

peinneon

Jul 30, 2013
That is an issue with your MX player install then. It worked just fine for me. Have you tried just firing up MX player and opening the file? If you dont see the file then go to settings, list, video folders. Also consider just a swf player app.

Well, nevermind that. i've found a workaround to play local swf on dolphin, thanks for your advice anyway... :)
and sorry for bothering you..

Last edited:

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Does it work on 4.4.2?

I'm on 4.4.2 and yes. "works" in that it is a little buggy but that's not due to really to this hack, Flash on Android has been dodgy for a long time, sites crash etc, but its not 4.4.2 fault but that the version of flash is many versions behind, the most recent available on Android is 11.1.115.87 whilst the most recent 11.9.900.170.

Hulu isn't working as it checks the platform and decides to reject. I use BBC for HD and its very dodgy reliability, works best on my N10 and won't work on my N7 2012.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone