• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Flash rom for XQ-BC72 (China)

Search This thread

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
I just received my freshly bought XQ-BC72 (512gb) Chinese version.

Downloaded the TW ROM and flashed it with Newflasher 048.

Result:

Your device is corrupt!
It can't be trusted and won't boot.
It will power off in 5 seconds.

Flashed it again back to CN.

Your device is corrupt!

Tried repairing with Companion.

ue
UpdateFailed
UE_200 error.

What do I do now?

I tried unlocking the BL but the command line says failed. I guess I need to be able to start the device first and enable bootloader unlocking in the developer settings first...

shyshi2021

Jan 18, 2021
我刚收到我刚买的 XQ-BC72 (512gb) 中文版。

下载TW ROM,用Newflasher 048刷入。

结果:

您的设备已损坏!
它不能被信任,也不会启动。
它将在 5 秒内关闭。

再次闪回CN。

您的设备已损坏!
它不能被信任,也不会启动。
它将在 5 秒内关闭。

尝试使用 Companion 修复。

ue
更新失败
UE_200 错误。

现在我该怎么做?

我尝试解锁 BL,但命令行显示失败。我想我需要能够首先启动设备并首先在开发人员设置中启用引导加载程序解锁...

I just received my freshly bought XQ-BC72 (512gb) Chinese version.

Downloaded the TW ROM and flashed it with Newflasher 048.

Result:

Your device is corrupt!

Flashed it again back to CN.

Your device is corrupt!

Tried repairing with Companion.

ue
UpdateFailed
UE_200 error.

What do I do now?

I tried unlocking the BL but the command line says failed. I guess I need to be able to start the device first and enable bootloader unlocking in the developer settings first...

its dangerous.
if you want to cross version, you should keep same patch version. it means you should upgrade chinese version first and cross version flash.

A cross version operate is unnesscessarily to unlock bootloader, for the official rom is signed with selinux ok.

then:
return to download mode to flash back chinese upgrade rom.
if you failed, you could turn back to Companion. the repairing should work then.

never do this again.

doubt:
cross version for the base band is not very comfirmed.
the selinux sign is in the same serials with chinese version.
the partition configure fits well.

maybe the thread should caution on top.

Last edited:
the great news is you havent unlocked the phone.
so unsigned kernel and modules should not in the phone.

the cert sign system protects you phone. just flash back, phone would ok.

you should enter the phone to push the unlock trigger, then fastboot would receive you decrypt key.
the secure system is perfect!
just try carefully the phone would back.

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
fastboot flash the rom files (names *.sin).
so far I've sent my phone to the official service center for now.

but I do want to solve this issue.
I will try with the "allow unlocking bootloader" ON so in case I brick it again I could just unlock the BL and fix it that way.

can you please post the commands to fastboot flash toe rom files? afaik each file has to go into its own partition, but I don't know the exact names of the partitions to do it right.

so far I've sent my phone to the official service center for now.

but I do want to solve this issue.
I will try with the "allow unlocking bootloader" ON so in case I brick it again I could just unlock the BL and fix it that way.

can you please post the commands to fastboot flash toe rom files? afaik each file has to go into its own partition, but I don't know the exact names of the partitions to do it right.

For What doing this? If you wanna google play, just install the play store apk file.

The phone kept gms base system

Then install What ever you want.

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
For What doing this? If you wanna google play, just install the play store apk file.
Dude, I know, I already sold like 20 of them and shipped to Russia from China.
Some people just want an international firmware with no Chinese stuff in it.

For one, I flash /oem from Taiwan ROM, but there's still a bunch of system software like Baidu keyboard which is absolutely terrible!

And, most importantly, on the Chinese ROM you can only use the assistant button to launch an assistant. International ROMs let you assign ANY application to the assistant button.

Reactions: DennisDD78
Dude, I know, I already sold like 20 of them and shipped to Russia from China.
Some people just want an international firmware with no Chinese stuff in it.

For one, I flash /oem from Taiwan ROM, but there's still a bunch of system software like Baidu keyboard which is absolutely terrible!

And, most importantly, on the Chinese ROM you can only use the assistant button to launch an assistant. International ROMs let you assign ANY application to the assistant button.
keyboard could be sony keyboard with no chinese support.
Assistant button is OK. The asstant application is uninstallable. And could be assigned.

The chinese stock rom is well oemed for with out user tracking keeps it AOSP. Such as 360 browser.

All uninstallable except baidu input.

Lavievn

Oct 4, 2014
hanoi
don't know why, but with my devices , i download TW rom with xperifirm then flash with newflasher_v48, cant remember that get corupted 3 or 4 times, but not like other, it's showed the android recovery and i can choose "power off" or "factory reset", it's can't go to system with "factory reset", so i tried to flash again sometimes, and in the last time, it's booted up and everything is ok.
But today i just help other to flash thier devices, doing same thing, but never see the "android recovery" again and, always bootloop with sony logo, or corrupted device.
and solution for it's is reflash with CN rom by newflasher -> still can't boot up, but after that you can use xperia companion to repair without "missing info" error.
maybe need to more rom in different to check.

Last edited:

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
don't know why, but with my devices , i download TW rom with xperifirm then flash with newflasher_v48, cant remember that get corupted 3 or 4 times, but not like other, it's showed the android recovery and i can choose "power off" or "factory reset", it's can't go to system with "factory reset", so i tried to flash again sometimes, and in the last time, it's booted up and everything is ok.
But today i just help other to flash thier devices, doing same thing, but never see the "android recovery" again and, always bootloop with sony logo, or corrupted device.
and solution for it's is reflash with CN rom by newflasher -> still can't boot up, but after that you can use xperia companion to repair without "missing info" error.

Lavievn

Oct 4, 2014
hanoi
how do you do this? i never saw options for doing it.
you can find the way to open cmd in the flasher and rom folder, try google how to add "open cmd in right menu click" or find the exe file like that, open cmd and type "newflasher set_active:a" enter then close the cmd, run newflasher as normal and everything ok
default it's using slot b to boot
BL is factory locked ?
i'm not sure, i don't unlock bootloader yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Duy0107 and saved-j

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With 1ii, it's possible to flash HK, TW or EU ROMs but you will not get mobile signal. I tried all kind of ROMs but had to come back to stock Chinese ROM at the end.

It's lucky that in chinese ROM we still have Google Service and all you need is install Play Store APK, unlike Huawei or some others. Bloatwares can also be uninstalled easily.

I'm having 1iii XQ-BC72 now and pretty sure it will be the same. But need to wait for Xperifirm to release firmwares of other market first then I will try and come back here.

you can find the way to open cmd in the flasher and rom folder, try google how to add "open cmd in right menu click" or find the exe file like that, open cmd and type "newflasher set_active:a" enter then close the cmd, run newflasher as normal and everything ok
    default it's using slot b to boot
    BL is factory locked ?
    i'm not sure, i don't unlock bootloader yet
    I have successfully flashed TW ROM on XQ-BC72 CN version using newflasher. Everything works fine
    So, somebody flashed TW FW ok, somebody failed, what is the reason ?
    Those who flased their device OK, PLEASE, tell us in detail how you did it ?