• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Flash SM-G781U1 XAA on a Verizon SM-G781V

Search This thread

rvdsabu

Feb 16, 2012
I dont want to unlock it to use on another carrier. I actually want to use it on Verizon. I just HATE verizon firmware. I much prefer the unlocked XAA firmware.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I dont want to unlock it to use on another carrier. I actually want to use it on Verizon. I just HATE verizon firmware. I much prefer the unlocked XAA firmware.
Yeah they prevent you from doing that, i just read they also do something to the bootloader in the US carriers like verizon.
Im sorry but if you want to chamge the firmware to unlocked xaa please sim unlock it first. Sorry I couldn’t be at better help, im living in the EU and they dont do bootloader locks here like that 😖

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
It's said that U.S. carriers almost always lock down the bootloader of a phone permanently. Thus, if a phone is carrier unlocked at the *FACTORY*, ie. it is not manufactured for any specific carrier, is it safe to assume the bootloader would be unlockable? Would this apply to a Samsung S20 FE 5G? Thanks
See this quote.
This is the reason I like buying directly from Samsung 🤔

rvdsabu

Feb 16, 2012
I have always been able to load the unlocked firmware on my Verizon Samsung phones in the past. This is the first one that hasn't worked. I think Verizon has changed something to prevent this with the newer phones. I am sure one of you smart guys on here will eventually figure it out.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I have always been able to load the unlocked firmware on my Verizon Samsung phones in the past. This is the first one that hasn't worked. I think Verizon has changed something to prevent this with the newer phones. I am sure one of you smart guys on here will eventually figure it out.
I would have inspected it if I had your phone xd your lucky to have that.
Well good luck, I'm sure someone probably has a solution.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
if it's just the Verizon bloat you want rid of maybe ADB is your answer for now ?
I don't know much about using Odin but I've heard Samsung have made things harder since 3.1. no more downgrading or easy big CSC changes. the carrier firmware some have said is exactly the same as the unlocked but the CSC tells it which carrier packages to install. apart from any splash screen ADB can get you to Verizon app free. plus after 60 days they're supposed to unlock every phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried with both re-partition checked and unchecked and it did NOT work. Maybe there needs to be a new patched Odin. Thanks for all your help.