Question Flash TWRP 3.5.2......But

Search This thread

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
I have been through hell and high water today with this Nord N200 5G today. Soft Brick after Soft Brick. iI only flashed TWRP and try to boot into OS after exiting TWRP but i get No OS you sure you want to reboot?. I also can't figure out how to get my internal storage viewed in TWRP. I've read multiple guides and still can't figure it out. I"m pretty new to this so . and they try to flash Magisk for root as well as super su during on adventure fiasco after fiasco today. The Bootloader and OEM unlock was simple straight forward. Most Guides though are not in LAMENS terms and have abbreviations that new people do not understand. i have had to reflash my phone 20+ today with factory due to the NO OS problem with TWRP and can't get it so i can view my internal data from twrp even though i've followed several guides and the ones that says to do the wipe thing i always get the error about it can't mount the data or it has encountered and error 255 and by got try looking things up for those and you you get sent all over the place. So If there is Anyone Out There That would like to help an old geezer out to be able to get a stable TWRP and a Stable root going on please Respond. Sorry Had to Vent......

Oh yea and not to mention Unable to install 3.6.2

Last edited by a moderator:

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Oklahoma City
TWRP is not officially launched for this phone. In my opinion lineage is the best option for this phone as of now. It has a custom recovery and is easily rooted as well. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-dre-12l-lineageos-19.4473129/
A couple of questions before I jump into that.
How are updates handled? Does the OS do auto-updates?
How is the camera?
I don't know a lot about this phone, but previous phones I've owned had proprietary camera/software, and any custom ROM not based on the stock OS lost camera quality because it couldn't use the proprietary software..

Link575

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A couple of questions before I jump into that.
How are updates handled? Does the OS do auto-updates?
How is the camera?
I don't know a lot about this phone, but previous phones I've owned had proprietary camera/software, and any custom ROM not based on the stock OS lost camera quality because it couldn't use the proprietary software..
Obviously not who you were asking but I just updated to Lineage and it was fairly straightforward following the directions, just make sure you're on Android 11. Updates can be done through settings menu, I just actually applied an update and it worked fine. It can check for updates every day, week, month if you choose I don't know if it will automatically update it though. Camera I have not tried as I don't use it as an everyday phone but generally from what I've seen it's common to have quality go down using software other than stock but I could be wrong.

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
What worked for me is to avoid touching the phone if at all possible while in TWRP. It's very unstable and if you click something it will try to mount partitions and somehow brick you in the process. While booted into TWRP I did almost everything via ADB command from my computer instead of through the TWRP menus, including reboot.

I Pushed my magisk package to /tmp instead which worked. I'm just going to go the lineage route later though. I don't think it's worth messing with TWRP on this device.

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
Update: Phone Complete Bricked. Says something like The Image(boot/recovery) has been destroyed please flash the correct image or call customer service to fix it. on top of this....Unable to flash anything. everything no matter what it is, i even tried to follow a guide to get back to factory and it say that no such partition or volume full. Oh and it's an A/B partition phone

What worked for me is to avoid touching the phone if at all possible while in TWRP. It's very unstable and if you click something it will try to mount partitions and somehow brick you in the process. While booted into TWRP I did almost everything via ADB command from my computer instead of through the TWRP menus, including reboot.

I Pushed my magisk package to /tmp instead which worked. I'm just going to go the lineage route later though. I don't think it's worth messing with TWRP on this device.
how do you push? ive tried the adb push and to no avail... it just keeps saying it's unable to. oh and when i did have twrp installed it wouldn't boot into the os unless i fastboot boot twrp.img then it would reset and finally boot into regular os

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
how do you push? ive tried the adb push and to no avail... it just keeps saying it's unable to. oh and when i did have twrp installed it wouldn't boot into the os unless i fastboot boot twrp.img then it would reset and finally boot into regular os
I believe it was just "adb push boot.img /tmp/boot.img"
And then in TWRP when selecting a file to flash you have to click on the top level option to go up a directory and find /tmp while not clicking anything else. I pushed to tmp to avoid mounting any partitions since the phone bricked everytime that happened.

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
I believe it was just "adb push boot.img /tmp/boot.img"
And then in TWRP when selecting a file to flash you have to click on the top level option to go up a directory and find /tmp while not clicking anything else. I pushed to tmp to avoid mounting any partitions since the phone bricked everytime that happened.
how do i get the phone completely unbricked cause it's saying something like The Image[boot,recovery] has been destroyed please flash correct image or contact customer service to fix it

I forgot to mention that I can no long get into recovery it won't even flash a recovery anymore. it will say it completed successfully but i got to boot recovery and it just boot right back into bootloadre/fastboot mode. i even tried to do fastboot --set-active=a and fastboot --set-active=b tried booting into each of them and nothing. when i do fastboot getvar all it says that boot_a and boot_b are unbootable. any idea how to fix this?

Will be trying again in a week when i get my new unlock token. just took the phone to the store, said that the bricking of the phone happend during an update. They didn't have any Nord N200's in stock so they ordered one and said they would have it in the store in a day or two. onto the next phone til then. any ideas on a TCL A509DL Trac Phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
I forgot to mention that I can no long get into recovery it won't even flash a recovery anymore. it will say it completed successfully but i got to boot recovery and it just boot right back into bootloadre/fastboot mode. i even tried to do fastboot --set-active=a and fastboot --set-active=b tried booting into each of them and nothing. when i do fastboot getvar all it says that boot_a and boot_b are unbootable. any idea how to fix this?
You need to use MSM tools to unbrick. It'll restore your device to stock and relock your bootloader.

Having problems getting msm running on deb linux. Have the firmware and files needed but can't get msm to run on MX linux And can't get VMware to run either to try it through that on windows 10
i'm not sure if you can even get the devices to connect to the unbrick tools in a virtual machine. to save some time, use a physical computer running windows 10+ and use a virtual machine as a last resort or if you don't have another computer.

by the way, make sure you have the drivers.

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
i'm not sure if you can even get the devices to connect to the unbrick tools in a virtual machine. to save some time, use a physical computer running windows 10+ and use a virtual machine as a last resort or if you don't have another computer.

i don't have another machine only the one i'm using running MX linux. and with all the Distro's of linux i have installed and used there is no need to install drivers for phones for every phone, 3 that i have connected to my computer it' has recognized all 3 phones and runs adb and fastboot commands fine on them. Lol, Took me a minute to read your name but Love the Name.

Springles2

Apr 30, 2022
Haha, don't flash it. Boot it. I ended up stop using it and am now using the Lineage OS Recovery. SUPER stable. I am in the works making a new TWRP as well... This unofficial variant just isn't working for me either. So, I figured since im making it doe myself, might as well release it

You can. Use virtualbox. I wouldn't bother with qemu.

You need to use MSM tools to unbrick. It'll restore your device to stock and relock your bootloader.
There is a command line alternative for Linux. It is originally made for flashing android boards, but works with phones as well.

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
Update: Phone Complete Bricked. Says something like The Image(boot/recovery) has been destroyed please flash the correct image or call customer service to fix it. on top of this....Unable to flash anything. everything no matter what it is, i even tried to follow a guide to get back to factory and it say that no such partition or volume full. Oh and it's an A/B partition phone

I do adb push (File) partition