• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Flash/update files for TCL ES560/S6500/S5300

Search This thread

Enrico9800

Sep 23, 2016
No OTA file to be found.
Seemse coming to end of updates.
First OTA V040 posted almost 3 years ago.

Btw,
R609 bootloader is dated Jun 02 2021 and IMG is equivalent to V361 (which can't be found).
how does updates seem to end? I have owned this TV 1 year

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
how does updates seem to end? I have owned this TV 1 year
Is not how long you own.
RT41 is 32"-40" FHD/HDR TV and not many models are released in 2018.

Attachments

• 2021-06-15_033015.png
    2021-06-15_033015.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 61

psammy

Sep 4, 2014
Have tried and tried and tried but cant get the tv into download mode🤦‍♂️
Any help.....please
Ok i've been able to get into download mode using power button on tv instead of remote.. but after the upgrade, the tv still goes back into download mode and installs the firmware again..if i take the pen drive out, i get no 'command error'...Please help me..i need to watch Euros🙏
PicsArt_06-16-10.48.37.jpg

psammy

Sep 4, 2014
I have a tcl tv of 49 inch, i recently got a new update, it was version 343, after the update the tv is continuously going in to boot update mode on loop, tried installing older versions too, it is going in update mode every single time after a while.
Can anyone help me with this?
Found a solution????

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Last edited:

Enrico9800

Sep 23, 2016
Reactions: stasiof

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola José. Tengo la misma Tv y estoy con la versión 343. Ningún problema hasta ahora. Saludos
    English please....and latest is V360 OTA.
    V8-R41KT01-LF1V367

build date= Jan 25 2021
    build= 1611534792
    security_patch= 2020-12-01
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/UnionTV/UnionTV:9/PPR2.180905.006.A1/builder.20210125.083312:user/release-keys
    OTA size= 987MB
    bootloader date= Jun 23 2021
    This is a list of update packages and installation images for TCL ES560/S6500/S5300, chassis RT41.
    If you're unsure whether your TCL TV is chassis RT41 or not, you may check it in Settings > About > Contact us menu. If your Software version starts with V8-R41KT01-LF1, you may proceed with the installation. IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT A RT41 CHASSIS, THE INSTALLATION WILL FAIL.
    There are two kinds of packages for this TV, download mode packages and Android OTA packages. Download mode packages will erase your data, while Android OTA packages will keep your data.

Android OTA packages:
    Version 190.
    Version 234.
    Version 241.
    Version 272.
    Version 305.
    After downloading the package, please, do read the manual included (especially if you want to update to Android 9).

Download mode packages:
    Version 064.
    Version 076.
    Version 080.
    Version 114.
    Version 117.
    Version 133.
    Version 138.
    Version 139.
    Version 144.
    Version 155.
    Version 180.
    Version 216.
    Version 226.
    Version 229.
    Version 234.
    Version 241.
    Version 242.
    Version 243.
    Version 245.
    Version 250. (Downgraded kernel.)
    Version 255.
    Version 257.
    Version 272.
    Version 284.
    Version 289. (Root/superuser included.)
    Version 292.
    Version 305.
    These packages have got an Update.img file. Copy this image file to the root of your USB drive, plug the USB drive into the TV, then boot the TV into download mode.

How do I boot into download mode?
    1) Hold the power button on the remote control, until the power off menu shows up.
    2) Select Yes to turn off the TV.
    3) When the power LED turns off, press and hold the TV's power button.
    4) When the power LED begins to blink, release the power button.
    Another way to boot into download mode is to unplug the TV's power cord, then hold the TV's power button, while plugging the power cord back. When the power LED begins to blink, release the power button.
    The TV should boot into download mode and begin the installation process. DON'T POWER OFF THE TV DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS!
    Were you able to do it? I have a rca that is the same too. Tell me about your experience, please, thank you!

I tried both the OTA and the full firmware install and both installed without a single issue, even the TV started with the "Hitachi" logo and everything so it went just like an official update, the latest firmware (v255) that some user posted here didn't gave me any issues at all, I could even say that it runs better than the original, and they improved some image settings related options, so go for it, if the chasis model number match shouldn't be a problem then, the system checks anyway if the firmware it's valid for installation.
    Hi I have a Hitachi that is virtually exactly the TCL 6500, it's the same device only with the "Hitachi" brand on it, even the cablebox remote control had to be pair with TCL code number and the software version of mine starts correctly with V8-R41KT01-LF1, should I try to update with these packages? Those this updates arrive at least later or the TV will update only to android 9 via manual update?
    Go for it son

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Does it worth to update to V255 (im on 241... pretty stable) ? any caveat or something that brokes?
    Thanks for your comments.
    I'm on 255 , everything works fine except for that creepy app named com.tcl.tvweishi (Tv protection).. it crashes when opening file manager or other options in it .

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk
    i have a TCL 40ES560, does chromecast built-in works with tv in standby for any of you? It never worked for me, tried every firmware, I have the option for network standby, fast turn on, everything seems set up as it should, but as soon as I turn the tv to standby it is no longer usable to cast to.. I have another Android TV from sony in my living room and it never had this problem
    Well, since I have never watched locally stored media, I've no clue about a fix.
    In a WhatsApp group, some users have complained about a black screen issue on certain streaming apps, though. I do remember of experiencing a black screen issue, only once, but I don't remember what I did to fix it.