Flash vzw Dev Ed radio on GSM Dev Ed?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Yes, it works perfectly! Let us know how you make out...

I don't appreciate your sarcasm, sir. You do realize this has been done with other devices, right? Most devices that are built for multiple carriers have all of the radios on the soc, and the unused ones are just dormant. With unlocked bootloaders sometimes all it takes to activate them is flashing the radio from a different carrier.

So before acting like someone is crazy, consider educating yourself first.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I don't appreciate your sarcasm, sir. You do realize this has been done with other devices, right? Most devices that are built for multiple carriers have all of the radios on the soc, and the unused ones are just dormant. With unlocked bootloaders sometimes all it takes to activate them is flashing the radio from a different carrier.

So before acting like someone is crazy, consider educating yourself first so you don't come across as an idiot

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've never heard of ANY CDMA phone having GSM radios flashed to it (or GSM flashed with CDMA) and getting more frequencies. I have heard of using different PRLs on CDMA phones to get to non-standard networks, or flashing another GSM modem to a GSM phone to get different frequencies, but not crossing CDMA & GSM.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I've never heard of ANY CDMA phone having GSM radios flashed to it (or GSM flashed with CDMA) and getting more frequencies. I have heard of using different PRLs on CDMA phones to get to non-standard networks, or flashing another GSM modem to a GSM phone to get different frequencies, but not crossing CDMA & GSM.

I've heard of at&t radios being flashed to the Verizon variant of a phone and enabling att LTE. In fact I'm pretty sure it was a Motorola phone. It might have been the X att radio flashed to the Dev Ed droid ultra maxx.

Sent from my Nexus 5

phositadc

May 7, 2010
The CDMA variants of the Moto X have an extra chip installed on the PCB to handle the CDMA duties, there is zero chance of enabling CDMA on GSM Dev edition.

But theoretically you could flash AT&T radios to vzw dev ed and get AT&T lte? I guess that's what I read of people doing with ultra maxx.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The CDMA variants of the Moto X have an extra chip installed on the PCB to handle the CDMA duties, there is zero chance of enabling CDMA on GSM Dev edition.