Flash W10M on Lumia 920

Search This thread

Ozgur_Cyric

Oct 16, 2016
I think what tofuschnitte suggest ist to install 8.1 through WDRT, use wpinternals to unlock the bootloader, enable mass storage mode, use wpinternals to boot the phone in mass storage mode and use regedit on your computer to edit the registry.

You can open regedit, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and use [File]->[Load Hive...] to load [Phone]:\windows\system32\config\system. Next you'll be asked for a name for the Hive. Name it something obvious like "PHONE_SYSTEM". Next Navigate to HKLM\PHONE_SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo and change

// edit: Use values at your own discretion. The values suggested here will give you a phablet interface.

PhoneManufacturer to "Microsoft MDG"
PhoneModelName to "Lumia 1520"
PhoneManufacturerModelName to "RM-938_1000"

Unload the Hive by selecting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PHONE_SYSTEM in the tree view and use [File]->[Unload Hive...]. Press and hold [Powerbutton] and [Volume down] to reboot your phone to normal mode.
Join the Fast Ring using Windows Insider tool and check for updates.

Thank you! It works amazingly! Thank you so much! Now I'm enjoying Windows 10 on Lumia 920!

tho first timer here, putting the phone into massstorage mode took more effort than this whole upgrade! I had to download a lot of things (hexes, emergency somethings, etc...) to make WPInternals tool to behave as expected. So beware!

detection

Mar 22, 2011
Long Island
Thank you! It works amazingly! Thank you so much! Now I'm enjoying Windows 10 on Lumia 920!

tho first timer here, putting the phone into massstorage mode took more effort than this whole upgrade! I had to download a lot of things (hexes, emergency somethings, etc...) to make WPInternals tool to behave as expected. So beware!

Would you be able to detail your process further? I unlocked my bootloader and flashed a rooted default ROM, but still can't access mass storage....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you give me some instructions on how to change the device id? VCReg can only be installed on phones with an SD-slot if I understand correctly.
    I think what tofuschnitte suggest ist to install 8.1 through WDRT, use wpinternals to unlock the bootloader, enable mass storage mode, use wpinternals to boot the phone in mass storage mode and use regedit on your computer to edit the registry.

You can open regedit, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and use [File]->[Load Hive...] to load [Phone]:\windows\system32\config\system. Next you'll be asked for a name for the Hive. Name it something obvious like "PHONE_SYSTEM". Next Navigate to HKLM\PHONE_SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo and change

// edit: Use values at your own discretion. The values suggested here will give you a phablet interface.

PhoneManufacturer to "Microsoft MDG"
    PhoneModelName to "Lumia 1520"
    PhoneManufacturerModelName to "RM-938_1000"

Unload the Hive by selecting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PHONE_SYSTEM in the tree view and use [File]->[Unload Hive...]. Press and hold [Powerbutton] and [Volume down] to reboot your phone to normal mode.
    Join the Fast Ring using Windows Insider tool and check for updates.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone