Flash works on Android 4.4 kitkat Firefox.

ChaChon

Dec 24, 2013
Seoul
crecord.tistory.com
hi. I'm newbie here. but I found something.

Flash already works on kitkat. but only running on Dolphin JetPack. so I tried to enable on Firefox for android.

Here's my modified Flash Player apk, that makes flash works on Firefox and Dolphin JetPack.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bTyXoO581lYUhQU3pGRmQ4VUE/edit?usp=sharing

I'm newbie so I can't link here. please copy and paste this url.

you need to uninstall other flash player on your device and install that apk. and run Firefox. that's it.

I only just tested on Nexus7 android 4.4, but it will work other devices.

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK

Flash already works on kitkat. but only running on Dolphin JetPack. so I tried to enable on Firefox for android.

Here's my modified Flash Player apk, that makes flash works on Firefox and Dolphin JetPack.

you need to uninstall other flash player on your device and install that apk. and run Firefox. that's it.

Hi, ChaChon...

Works great in both Dolphin and Firefox... thanks:).

Here is the full link... with the missing https:// added back in...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bTyXoO581lYUhQU3pGRmQ4VUE/edit?usp=sharing

Rgrds,
Ged.

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
best option so far, unless anyone found anything better?

Edit: works fine with firefox 27. Video controls are a bit iffy, you need to hold down the video and select full screen to enter fullscreen mode, and hit the back button on your nav menu to exit it, could be improved, but whatever - flash in firefox :)

In related news, are there any plugins to allow you to set a proper homepage instead of the awful start screen in the browser? I can't find any on the official site.

Last edited:
Reactions: smartphone_elf

ChaChon

Dec 24, 2013
Seoul
crecord.tistory.com
hmm..

Thanks for your opinions!

swf files are played on firefox's Gecko engine. so that makes play swf in kitkat. and I think dolphine jetpack maybe use same engine so also can play.

and I modified other hacked flash player apk in hex editer.

Last edited:

mt1394

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks for your opinions!

swf files are played on firefox's Gecko engine. so that makes play swf in kitkat. and I think dolphine jetpack maybe use same engine so also can play.

and I modified other hacked flash player apk in hex editer.
Thanks so much.

RED_

Jan 5, 2011
London
I installed this and then installed firefox and it still doesn't work. Tells me I need flash player when I try and watch flash videos.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Last edited:

oldman20

Jan 18, 2014
Hà Nội
I installed this and then installed firefox and it still doesn't work. Tells me I need flash player when I try and watch flash videos.

Is there anything else I need to do?
Hi, i think you did enough! I did do that, too. And it works well. Notice: maybe you missed a little popup on above screen: it requires to active plugin, same thing, i dont remember clearly! Click yes and you can watching video flash on firefox:good:
sorry, my english is terrible:crying:

RED_

Jan 5, 2011
London
Hi, i think you did enough! I did do that, too. And it works well. Notice: maybe you missed a little popup on above screen: it requires to active plugin, same thing, i dont remember clearly! Click yes and you can watching video flash on firefox:good:
sorry, my english is terrible:crying:
Cool, I'll give it another go. Thanks for the advice! You're English is fine haha, understand it all :good:

Zombie1982

Jun 24, 2009

Thank you very much. Can you make a patched flash player for other apps too ? Like :

-Magine TV
-Schoener Fernsehen

This are apps to watch live streams

Last edited:

dberend

Dec 14, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm confused, flash worked just fine for me in Dolphin. Always has except the short period it was removed by devs.

All I did was install Dolphin from from play store, sideload a random flash.apk, set UA to desktop and ensure flash was enabled.

Amazon instant video works along with all the other sites with short clips [emoji15]

Jul 4, 2014
Portland, Oregon
awesome, someone get this guy a beer

I know, right??..because, at least i have firefox working flash, because of her/him..& awesome because i've been hoofing & bussing it lately, ever since my ancient car broke down for the last time, a few months back :crying: ...but having my moto g smart phone [vs. my-helpful-and-yes-better-than-nothing-but-super-old-ass-flip-phone that's nearly dead], it has made my current "life situation [TY, Echhart Tolle]" so much easier!