• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Flashable] Ambient Display Gestures for any rom [XiaomiDoze]

Search This thread

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
So some roms have now started to include this great feature called XiaomiDoze, which pretty much adds handwave, pickup and pocket trigger to ambient display (pulse). Well since only a few roms have it, I decided to make a flashable zip out of this so that it can be used on any rom. So I extracted xiaomidoze.apk from a rom that had it built in, and made a flashable zip. Flash it in twrp and check in settings, you should see another category called "Ambient Display". It works perfectly.

You're welcome

Ps. It WILL NOT work on miui roms. It *should* work on all aosp/los based roms.

Attachments

• XiaomiDoze.zip
    138.8 KB · Views: 13,193
  • Screenshot_20170812-084630.png
    Screenshot_20170812-084630.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 27,176
Last edited:

zohaibahd

May 25, 2016
so im on aicp and theres already this feature included. will this zip overwrite it or something? r the gestures and all really working? is there a way to uninstall this? thanks for the work anyways dev!??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170812-200806.png
    Screenshot_20170812-200806.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 7,326

zohaibahd

May 25, 2016
That's not Xiaomi doze. Flash it, nothing will go wrong ;)
the ambient display is working even when there is no notification. there was a popup when i 1st opened the ambient display telling that doze mode will only turn on when theres a notification but it is always on. any way to disable that?

Soham Ron

Jul 10, 2016
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
So some roms have now started to include this great feature called XiaomiDoze, which pretty much adds handwave, pickup and pocket trigger to ambient display (pulse). Well since only a few roms have it, I decided to make a flashable zip out of this so that it can be used on any rom. So here's the zip. Flash it in twrp and check in settings, you should see another category called "Ambient Display". It works perfectly.

You're welcome

I flashed it on AOSP 6.0, but didn't find any option in settings

jijoejoe123

Oct 1, 2014
I flashed on AEX 4.5 its working. Thanks dev...
But on taking ph up it has a delay of 1 or 2 sec to on the screen... Is there any way to instantly wake screen.. Its handy to look time..

aAa7

Dec 31, 2016
It is another ambient setting in display tab. U should go up first page on setting, there is an additional ambient display. If you have installed it correctly

Last edited:

Potato997

May 20, 2016
I think the packege has some conflict with other settings, is it possible to change the package name?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So some roms have now started to include this great feature called XiaomiDoze, which pretty much adds handwave, pickup and pocket trigger to ambient display (pulse). Well since only a few roms have it, I decided to make a flashable zip out of this so that it can be used on any rom. So I extracted xiaomidoze.apk from a rom that had it built in, and made a flashable zip. Flash it in twrp and check in settings, you should see another category called "Ambient Display". It works perfectly.

You're welcome

Magisk Module

I've created Magisk module for this. Click on the link below

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-ambient-display-gestures-t3752830
    Not working on my official LineageOS 14.1 note 4 (sd). No option at all.
    Can ask some assistance?
    Why it wont work on official LineageOS rom?
    P.S. there's no additional setting to ambient display. @__ ty
    Not working on my official LineageOS 14.1 note 4 (sd). No option at all.
    try
    custom shorcut maker from play store and fine xiami activity the open it and active .....works on zx and z5 stocks roms and linage os