[Flashable][GT-I9070] EMMC repartition

Were You Able To Repartition Your Memory?

• Total voters

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
Hello, am new here so if I did something wrong please correct me OK

-presentation:

we all love running latest android versions and install big a** games like asphalt 8 and have all the Google apps that we love
But in Janice it's some kind of impossible to do all of that ( come on its only 4 years old!!)
As they say no impossible under the sun now you can easily increase system or data or what ever partition your want just by flashing a Lil file and without losing a single file

-Warning:

Me and XDA are not responsible for any soft hard leaks or what ever you are doing this by your self!!!

Make a full backup(system data boot) before starting..
DO NOT USE THIS FILE WITH ROMS THAT USE CACHE (CM10.2)

-Requirements:
1. Janice or Janice-p(not tested)
2. TWRP Recovery (Any Version)
3. The attached file

Instruction:
1. Download the repartition file
-rename the file with your favorite partition sizes like "lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=max-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=2-janice.zip" which means 1gb system 2gb sdcard and the rest will go to data partition so you will be able to install more apps

2. Boot into TWRP and make a backup
3. Flash the repartition file of your desire
4. Take a nap or watch big bang theory just waste some time
5. When the script finish restore your backup and reboot
6. Enjoy your games or what ever

-Credit:
1. @Lanchon
2. @madkita

If you want a file with your own sizes just write or in comments and i'll do my best to offer it to you

Last edited:

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
hi,

thanks for the guide! a couple of comments:

1) i suggest people get REPIT from its main site:
https://github.com/Lanchon/REPIT

the files posted here are already very old, i've updated REPIT several times.
also, i only provide support for the latest version. older versions are unsupported.

2) if you download the files from here, they will not work.
(XDA messes with the filenames changing = for -)

3) you don't need to backup anything unless you want to revert the flashing of the kernel.

4) you don't need to flash any particular kernel to run REPIT, you just need a recent TWRP build.

5) TWRP with gparted is not needed anymore: REPIT now bundles gparted and other tools.

6) the configurations proposed here are incorrect. you should use:
a) if you want 3GB data and rest as internal sdcard:
-system=1.0-data=3.0-cache=0.03125+wipe-preload=min+wipe-fota=min+wipe+ext4-sdcard=max.zip
b) if you have an external sdcard, and want 6GB data and a very small internal sdcard:
-system=1.0-data=max-cache=0.03125+wipe-preload=min+wipe-fota=min+wipe+ext4-sdcard=0.0625+wipe.zip
then your internal sdcard will be useless. so you need to swap internal and external sdcards as detailed here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ment/mod-internal-memory-repartition-t2863629

these configurations will keep contents of system and data. if you don't care about their contents, configure wiping (add '+wipe') for those partitions and REPIT will repartition much faster then.

7) read REPIT manual before using!

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
hi,

thanks for the guide! a couple of comments:

1) i suggest people get REPIT from its main site:

the files posted here are already very old, i've updated REPIT several times.
also, i only provide support for the latest version. older versions are unsupported.

2) if you download the files from here, they will not work.
(XDA messes with the filenames changing = for -)

3) you don't need to backup anything unless you want to revert the flashing of the kernel.

4) you don't need to flash any particular kernel to run REPIT, you just need a recent TWRP build.

5) TWRP with gparted is not needed anymore: REPIT now bundles gparted and other tools.

6) the configurations proposed here are incorrect. you should use:
a) if you want 3GB data and rest as internal sdcard:
-system=1.0-data=3.0-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=max.zip
b) if you have an external sdcard, and want 6GB data and a very small internal sdcard:
-system=1.0-data=max-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=0.0625 wipe.zip
then your internal sdcard will be useless. so you need to swap internal and external sdcards as detailed here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ment/mod-internal-memory-repartition-t2863629

these configurations will keep contents of system and data. if you don't care about their contents, configure wiping (add ' wipe') for those partitions and REPIT will repartition much faster then.

7) read REPIT manual before using!
Thus settings are right this is the same file I used and it worked perfectly and I told you I created this threat for noobs who can't understand github and there download section is not working for me it says "try again in 30 minutes" that's why I use old files

Last edited:

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
Thus settings are right this is the same file I used and it worked perfectly and I told you I created this threat for noobs who can't understand github and there download section is not working for me it says "try again in 30 minutes" that's why I use old files
lol no, without the '-sdcard=...' specifier those files won't work, trust me. :)

TheSteve87

Mar 14, 2014
first of all thank you both :D

just to be sure, i have a couple of questions:

- how much space does a full backup take?
- what is the limit to the repartition? right now i'd like to add one gigabyte to system for apps, which numbers do i need to write in the zip name?
- what does the "wipe preload" and "wipe fota" strings do?

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
first of all thank you both :D

just to be sure, i have a couple of questions:

- how much space does a full backup take?
- what is the limit to the repartition? right now i'd like to add one gigabyte to system for apps, which numbers do i need to write in the zip name?
- what does the "wipe preload" and "wipe fota" strings do?
In TWRP it will be around 500-600mb with compression

lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=max-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=2-janice.zip
Just rename the file to this and your will have 1gb system 2gb SD card and the rest well go to data if you want to edit a partition size for example the number 1 after system means the system will be 1gb and the number 2 in front of SD card means the SD card will be 2gb and max in front of data means the rest well go to data partition
Preload and fota are partition used in only stock ROMs and stock based ROMs so if you are running a custom ROM this will give you more space in the partition your set to max

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSteve87

TheSteve87

Mar 14, 2014
i just did everything but i'm not sure it worked

i used this name for the flashable zip

lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=max-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=2-janice

but in system info it still says that data is 3.91GB, and i have 1.84GB for SDcard

maybe i should have gone further and give 3GB to SDcard?

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
i just did everything but i'm not sure it worked

i used this name for the flashable zip

lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=max-cache=0.03125 wipe-preload=min wipe-fota=min wipe ext4-sdcard=2-janice

but in system info it still says that data is 3.91GB, and i have 1.84GB for SDcard

maybe i should have gone further and give 3GB to SDcard?
Yup it works if your wanna check system download a small app called disk info
If you want 3gb on sdcard change the 2 number in front of it this will give you 2gb on data

Reactions: TheSteve87

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
ayt man thanks , trying it right away !!

edit : getting error 1 in twrp 3.0.0 on cm13 rom I THOUGHT IT WAS compatible with repit , as said on the GITHUB

also i tried flashing zip from github page of lanchon , that zip also did not worked it said something like couldn`t find meta-inf lanchon REPIT.
??? where did i went wrong i just flashed the zip from twrp it did nt worked i moved the file to /tmp then tried there also same error .

Last edited:

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
ayt man thanks , trying it right away !!

edit : getting error 1 in twrp 3.0.0 on cm13 rom I THOUGHT IT WAS compatible with repit , as said on the GITHUB

also i tried flashing zip from github page of lanchon , that zip also did not worked it said something like couldn`t find meta-inf lanchon REPIT.
??? where did i went wrong i just flashed the zip from twrp it did nt worked i moved the file to /tmp then tried there also same error .
Cm13 recovery doesn't have parted script you have to use the recovery I provided in first post just follow it

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
Cm13 recovery doesn't have parted script you have to use the recovery I provided in first post just follow it
nope , it says error 1
invalid partition configuration ,.. sdcard : sdcard=max.zip
i flashed the kernel then renamed the file attached to ..
-system=1.0-data=3.0-cache=0.03125+wipe-preload=min+wipe-fota=min+wipe+ext4-sdcard=max.zip

something is not right can you please help , i would like to have 1 gb system n 2 or 3gb in data partitions correct me if i am wrong if the size configuration is wrong ?? what should i do.
also so i have to now restore my backup to get back to cm13 coz i am stuck at recovery ? any shortcut,like(flashing cm13 kernel) to go back to system as it was before or i have to restore the backup ?

Last edited:

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
nope , it says error 1
invalid partition configuration ,.. sdcard : sdcard=max.zip
i flashed the kernel then renamed the file attached to ..

something is not right can you please help , i would like to have 1 gb system n 2 or 3gb in data partitions correct me if i am wrong if the size configuration is wrong ?? what should i do.
Use this and don't miss with it

lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=2-cache=0.03125+wipe-preload=min+wipe-fota=min+wipe+ext4-sdcard=max-janice.zip

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
Use this and don't miss with it

lanchon-repit-20160317-system=1-data=2-cache=0.03125+wipe-preload=min+wipe-fota=min+wipe+ext4-sdcard=max-janice.zip
Thanks man , i sorted it out the problem was silly , i had checked option in windows to
HIDE EXTENSION NAMES OF KNOWN FILE TYPES , so i was just copying and the .zip kepton adding twice
.zip.zip and that is what was happening anyhow the device has started reparting , so one last question after when this process is over , i just install my backup and that is it ? right !!

Last edited:

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
Thanks man , i sorted it out the problem was silly , i had checked option in windows to
HIDE EXTENSION NAMES OF KNOWN FILE TYPES , so i was just copying and the .zip kepton adding twice
.zip.zip and that is what was happening anyhow the device has started reparting , so one last question after when this process is over , i ust install my backup and that is it ? right !!
Yup just restore your backup and you're done ?

blacksuan19

Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2014
kuala Lumpur
blacksuan19.me
Can someone here confirm that the kernel cm12.1 (OP) can be installed in the latest CM11 ROM by epirex? And if repit could work after 12.1 Kernel installed in CM11 ROM? Thanks in advance.
First make a backup with your cm11's kernel then flash cm12.1 kernel then flash the script and the kernel doesn't t care about your current rom so it should work every where

Last edited:
Reactions: TPD-21
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone