• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Flashable][NBD90X and NPF10C] [Stock]Pixel Launcher+Navbar Icons v2.1

Search This thread

xringo

Jun 3, 2011
How do i get the bottom nav bars to change color? I'm on pure nexus and flashed it but I noticed when I go to google docs or hang outs, my bottom nav bar doesnt change color to match the app color. Its just black. Am I doing something wrong??

Nov 3, 2016
Hey guys, I'm running an essentially stock Nexus 5X (except for root and TWRP) on 7.1.1. I've been trying to get as many Pixel features as possible on my phone (because, like you guys, I feel kind of slighted after being passed over for all the new Pixel features). I've got the Pixel Launcher and the Google Assistant but I can't get the navbar because no one seems to make anything for 5X. This thread has the most work being done so I thought I'd ask around here. The file for the navbar in the link provided is specific to the 6P's systemui.apk so I don't think its compatible with my stock 5X. Any suggestions are appreciated. While I am kind of a noob when it comes to programming and the like, I have rooted many a phone in my time and I'm good at following instructions. By the way, I have access to the smaller Pixel phone (relative bought one) if that helps.
Thanks

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
The file for the navbar in the link provided is specific to the 6P's systemui.apk so I don't think its compatible with my stock 5X. Any suggestions are appreciated. While I am kind of a noob when it comes to programming and the like, I have rooted many a phone in my time and I'm good at following instructions.

I've asked the OP too, but no response. I wanted to modify my SystemUI myself, but no response even after a DM.

Sent from my Nexus 6 running Nougat using Tapatalk

Bradava1

Jan 10, 2013
I've asked the OP too, but no response. I wanted to modify my SystemUI myself, but no response even after a DM.

Sent from my Nexus 6 running Nougat using Tapatalk

If you want to mod the SystemUI yourself you need to look up how to extract and then rebuild an apk. Once you have your SystemUI.apk extracted for editing, replace the drawable-xxxhdpi-v4 folder with this one. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByIwQCYOr_DRME1qVERGbWFCVVk. It's really only the last eight icons you want. After you rebuild it, take the modified version and overwrite your stock SystemUI.apk. Make sure it has the correct permissions and reboot.

Reactions: jesssiii

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
If you want to mod the SystemUI yourself you need to look up how to extract and then rebuild an apk.

And this is exatly where there are only contradicting infos. Should I use the apktool, or just unpack it and repack it as a zip file? And is it necessary to sign it, or you must not sign it? What about the odex file in the folder by it?

I didn't find any concrete info about this, and the version I made FC-d, and after I copied the old one back it still FC-d. So that's why I asked those who already did this successfully, but it's obviously a well kept secret.

Sent from my Nexus 6P running Nougat DP 7.1 using Tapatalk

Bradava1

Jan 10, 2013
And this is exatly where there are only contradicting infos. Should I use the apktool, or just unpack it and repack it as a zip file? And is it necessary to sign it, or you must not sign it? What about the odex file in the folder by it?

I didn't find any concrete info about this, and the version I made FC-d, and after I copied the old one back it still FC-d. So that's why I asked those who already did this successfully, but it's obviously a well kept secret.

I wish I could answer some of your questions but really don't have any experience editing apks. I did extract the flash able zip from this thread and successfully overwrite my stock SystemUI.apk with this one using root explorer. I only wanted the nav buttons as well.

saishiva

Mar 13, 2016
I wish I could answer some of your questions but really don't have any experience editing apks. I did extract the flash able zip from this thread and successfully overwrite my stock SystemUI.apk with this one using root explorer. I only wanted the nav buttons as well.
I'm planning to do the same on my Nexus 6P running PN 7. Did you had notification/status bar icons become tiny issue after replacing your systemui.apk, as few people were mentioning? Thanks in advance

Sent from my nexel 6P?

Bradava1

Jan 10, 2013
I'm planning to do the same on my Nexus 6P running PN 7. Did you had notification/status bar icons become tiny issue after replacing your systemui.apk, as few people were mentioning? Thanks in advance

Sent from my nexel 6P

I have no issue with status bar icons but I am running stock 7.1.1 preview.

saishiva

Mar 13, 2016
I have no issue with status bar icons but I am running stock 7.1.1 preview.
Oh ok thank you. I will make a backup of my current system UI.apk on my sd/internal memory before replacing it.

So just change the permissions after copying, and clearing cache under system apps (show system) system Ui, and then reboot ? If I have to revert back, I should be able to do the same with my backup system Ui.apk file, right?

Thanks again in advance [emoji1]

Sent from my nexel 6P?

Bradava1

Jan 10, 2013
Oh ok thank you. I will make a backup of my current system UI.apk on my sd/internal memory before replacing it.

So just change the permissions after copying, and clearing cache under system apps (show system) system Ui, and then reboot ? If I have to revert back, I should be able to do the same with my backup system Ui.apk file, right?

Thanks again in advance [emoji1]

Sent from my nexel 6P
What I did was copy the modified SystemUI.apk to the priv-app folder first. Then modify the permissions to 0644. Then cut it and overwrite your stock SystemUI and reboot. No wiping necessary. I saw that tip in some other thread.

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
Anybody has technical knowledge about this burst animation on the pixel? and where would be the file resources to port it over to other devices?
If this animation was pushed to AOSP, then somebody will surely port it to other roms. But if that is really "Pixel exclusive" then it will take longer.
But decompiling the SystemUI xmls can give enough information though.

stickperson

May 12, 2011
I'm rooted on 7.1.1. Flashed this, cleared cache/data for the launcher. "Ok google" is not working though. When I go to Settings -> Voice -> "Ok Google detection" in the Google app, I turn "Say OK Google any time" on, but the toggle only stays on for a second and then goes back off. Anybody know how to fix this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts