[Flashable Zip] Want To use Latest Google Camera from Pixel XL (7.1) on N6P 7.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
Thread close / Link removed

Go here for new version

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/themes-apps/apk-google-camera-4-2-022-135443920-t3482107

!!!Beware of flashing without proper backup !!!!
************************************************************************************************************
Please please please !!! Make a backup before flashing anything and read complete OP instructions
Back via TWRP is the best way to save your phone in case of problem !
I wont take any responsability if you break your camera software and having no backup !
************************************************************************************************************
Actually this mod is incompatible with : (Working on it to solve problem)
Google PHOTOS => if you use it take your responsability if having bug
If you scared about flashing camera you can bring a modified version of camera (4.2.010.131250824) here (Credits to XDA Team)
This wont break your camera as it's renamed CameraMOD.
There is no support here for this version as here you get 4.2.022.135443920

Yesterday i was playing with system dump from Pixel XL and seeing how can i manage to use latest Google Camera , and i found a funny tips to make it work :)

Explain :

First i' ve extracted the Google camera from system dump , it' s was uninstalable as it because it need SDK 25 and so Nougat 7.1 .

So i made for my own a flashable zip with the camera (the version of pixel cam is 4.2.010.131250824) and flashed on my actual rom (WETA 9.2)
after reboot camera disappeard from my drawer (normal^^) .
Unable to decompil /recompil properly the apk as Apktool doesnt not support Android N for the moment ....

So i decided to make a small mod in my build.prop :

Changing SDK version (see line => ro.build.version.sdk)
On 7.0 we use 24 , 7.1 will be 25 !!! Lets simply edit this and see what happen ?

Boom !!!! It works as it , new camera appears in drawer and was usable without bugs :)))

After this i had an update in afternoon from the playstore that give me version 4.2.022.135443920 :)

Since yesterday i made this change i didnt find any bug on my phone so changing SDK info in build.prop looks ok.

For those how want to test i made flashable zip to make it easy.

Step 1 flash camera from 7.1

LINK REMOVED

Step 2 use my flashable zip to mod your buildprop to get SDK 25

LINK REMOVED

Reboot and profit :) (after reboot you will have an update to do on the playstore for camera :)

Please report bug if you find some

I'll make restore of stock camera if need see below

Restore :

LINK REMOVED

Last edited:

Blackball

May 2, 2007
Its working fine but whats the difference between the Stock 6p cam?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel mit Tapatalk

chrisbrew

Nov 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Working fine on Weta 9.3. Only problem I had found after installing was google keyboard stopping. I was using the apk from the leaked pixel dump so I reverted back to the play store version.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Is this the apk that was found to have malware in it earlier today?

https://apkscan.nviso.be/report/show/31699fad73ffc47bc311df769d6f524f
Scanned it with Webroot and nothing came up so I presume it's safe.

OGWAUN

Jan 7, 2015
Flashed but Google keyboard stopped working because it was from pixel port. But other than that it worked fine.

xanaxdroid

Jun 29, 2010
Seattle
Working fine on Weta 9.3. Only problem I had found after installing was google keyboard stopping. I was using the apk from the leaked pixel dump so I reverted back to the play store version.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Scanned it with Webroot and nothing came up so I presume it's safe.

Okay cool. Just wanted to make sure. I looked at it too and it looks fine to use.

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
About your Pixel Launcher installation , did you use flashable zip to install or manually via standard apk installation ? (To know where your pixel launcher is actually located (in system or data ?)
@Yahfar and @kievlueen10 Could you make a test for me please ?
Flash This SDK24

This will restore your sdk info to 24 .. after reboot tell me if you ever had FC on launcher and if camera is working also ?

Flashed it but now Pixel Launcher doesn't work. It keeps force closing.

Same here but nor google now launcher.

Last edited:

kievlueen10

Apr 23, 2013
About the pixel launcher i was install by zip file and im not sure about the actual locate :D

after restore back to sdk 24 .. google camera and google chrome will gone missing .

Reactions: Winb33

knitler

Nov 30, 2012
Philadelphia
Same with the Pixel launcher, I even tried to reflash and wipe the cache but it still crashes..

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

About the pixel launcher i was install by zip file and im not sure about the actual locate :D

after restore back to sdk 24 .. google camera and google chrome will gone missing .

Youtube vanishes as well. You can DL them again from the app store.

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
Will this work on marshmallow? I didn't upgrade to nougat yet. Waiting for a 100% stable pure nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread close / Link removed

Go here for new version

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/themes-apps/apk-google-camera-4-2-022-135443920-t3482107

!!!Beware of flashing without proper backup !!!!
    Please please please !!! Make a backup before flashing anything and read complete OP instructions
    Back via TWRP is the best way to save your phone in case of problem !
    I wont take any responsability if you break your camera software and having no backup !
    Actually this mod is incompatible with : (Working on it to solve problem)
    Google PHOTOS => if you use it take your responsability if having bug
    If you scared about flashing camera you can bring a modified version of camera (4.2.010.131250824) here (Credits to XDA Team)
    This wont break your camera as it's renamed CameraMOD.
    There is no support here for this version as here you get 4.2.022.135443920

Yesterday i was playing with system dump from Pixel XL and seeing how can i manage to use latest Google Camera , and i found a funny tips to make it work :)

Explain :

First i' ve extracted the Google camera from system dump , it' s was uninstalable as it because it need SDK 25 and so Nougat 7.1 .

So i made for my own a flashable zip with the camera (the version of pixel cam is 4.2.010.131250824) and flashed on my actual rom (WETA 9.2)
    after reboot camera disappeard from my drawer (normal^^) .
    Unable to decompil /recompil properly the apk as Apktool doesnt not support Android N for the moment ....

So i decided to make a small mod in my build.prop :

Changing SDK version (see line => ro.build.version.sdk)
    On 7.0 we use 24 , 7.1 will be 25 !!! Lets simply edit this and see what happen ?

Boom !!!! It works as it , new camera appears in drawer and was usable without bugs :)))

After this i had an update in afternoon from the playstore that give me version 4.2.022.135443920 :)

Since yesterday i made this change i didnt find any bug on my phone so changing SDK info in build.prop looks ok.

For those how want to test i made flashable zip to make it easy.

Step 1 flash camera from 7.1

LINK REMOVED

Step 2 use my flashable zip to mod your buildprop to get SDK 25

LINK REMOVED

Reboot and profit :) (after reboot you will have an update to do on the playstore for camera :)

Please report bug if you find some

I'll make restore of stock camera if need see below

Restore :

LINK REMOVED
    ***400 Download in 2 days and 7 thanks on OP ???
    Do the thanks button has a cost ???

Please press it to support research !!

:highfive:
    I just went ahead and tested the stock camera app and the one ported from the Pixel... There are very minor differences - images tend to be slightly cooler with the pixel camera and with a higher iso.
    You guy see this... @xdadevelopers: Google Camera v4.2 from the Pixel is now available for Nexus (7.0+) devices! https://t.co/NKcB5AzRRb https://t.co/HhuHl50GUC

Works for me

Sent from my Nexus 6P
    No This one was directly extracted from Pixel XL system dump :)

Is this the apk that was found to have malware in it earlier today?

https://apkscan.nviso.be/report/show/31699fad73ffc47bc311df769d6f524f