[Flashable Zip] Want To use Latest Google Camera from Pixel XL (7.1) on N6P 7.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

knlgSeeker

Jul 30, 2010
Sunrise, FL
Google Pixel 5
You guy see this... @xdadevelopers: Google Camera v4.2 from the Pixel is now available for Nexus (7.0+) devices! https://t.co/NKcB5AzRRb https://t.co/HhuHl50GUC

Works for me

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Thanks man, this works great. Glad to have manual exposure back. Burst mode doesn't work for me either. Tried the flashable zip method, Photos kept crashing, so I'll live without burst mode for now. This camera does seem faster

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: djlilyazi

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
The camera app has some pretty good additions, burst mode doesn't work here either... I don't find it being much different speed or quality wise than the official camera app though.

banccalif

Feb 9, 2011
LOS ANGELES
Reactions: djlilyazi

twistanesh

Dec 2, 2009
So is there a restore zip for this yet? Cuz other Google apps now updated like clocks photos etc and are having issues, how do I go back to how it was before?

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
You mean I have to reflash my stock rom and all that all over again?
So flash sdk24 and use camera posted few post ago as it can be installed as data app.

This first rules when u play with flashable zip is always make a backup... Twrp or titanium as minimum.... I can make a restore zip but not tonight .. my wife and daughter need me ??... I'll do it tomorrow or in few hours if having time ... Sorry for this situation

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

twistanesh

Dec 2, 2009
So flash sdk24 and use camera posted few post ago as it can be installed as data app.

This first rules when u play with flashable zip is always make a backup... Twrp or titanium as minimum.... I can make a restore zip but not tonight .. my wife and daughter need me ... I'll do it tomorrow or in few hours if having time ... Sorry for this situation

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks I'll wait for the restore zip, lol I really don't want to reflash my entire phone. Thanks for the hard work!

banccalif

Feb 9, 2011
LOS ANGELES
That is the one with smart burst disabled, and sdk24. Photos will work fine. He was talking about this method, changing sdk to 25 from build.prop, that would crash photos app.
But if it works without an sdk edit then why bother? Download, install and profit. Just saying there's a way to get it and have photos working

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
Reread op !
Camera posted few post ago work as data app , and this corresponding to the one i give you in flashable, but with my method and sdk edit you got a updated version with real new feature ^^

Am i clear ?

But if it works without an sdk edit then why bother? Download, install and profit. Just saying there's a way to get it and have photos working

Reactions: banccalif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread close / Link removed

Go here for new version

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/themes-apps/apk-google-camera-4-2-022-135443920-t3482107

!!!Beware of flashing without proper backup !!!!
    ************************************************************************************************************
    Please please please !!! Make a backup before flashing anything and read complete OP instructions
    Back via TWRP is the best way to save your phone in case of problem !
    I wont take any responsability if you break your camera software and having no backup !
    ************************************************************************************************************
    Actually this mod is incompatible with : (Working on it to solve problem)
    Google PHOTOS => if you use it take your responsability if having bug
    If you scared about flashing camera you can bring a modified version of camera (4.2.010.131250824) here (Credits to XDA Team)
    This wont break your camera as it's renamed CameraMOD.
    There is no support here for this version as here you get 4.2.022.135443920

Yesterday i was playing with system dump from Pixel XL and seeing how can i manage to use latest Google Camera , and i found a funny tips to make it work :)

Explain :

First i' ve extracted the Google camera from system dump , it' s was uninstalable as it because it need SDK 25 and so Nougat 7.1 .

So i made for my own a flashable zip with the camera (the version of pixel cam is 4.2.010.131250824) and flashed on my actual rom (WETA 9.2)
    after reboot camera disappeard from my drawer (normal^^) .
    Unable to decompil /recompil properly the apk as Apktool doesnt not support Android N for the moment ....

So i decided to make a small mod in my build.prop :

Changing SDK version (see line => ro.build.version.sdk)
    On 7.0 we use 24 , 7.1 will be 25 !!! Lets simply edit this and see what happen ?

Boom !!!! It works as it , new camera appears in drawer and was usable without bugs :)))

After this i had an update in afternoon from the playstore that give me version 4.2.022.135443920 :)

Since yesterday i made this change i didnt find any bug on my phone so changing SDK info in build.prop looks ok.

For those how want to test i made flashable zip to make it easy.

Step 1 flash camera from 7.1

LINK REMOVED

Step 2 use my flashable zip to mod your buildprop to get SDK 25

LINK REMOVED

Reboot and profit :) (after reboot you will have an update to do on the playstore for camera :)

Please report bug if you find some

I'll make restore of stock camera if need see below

Restore :

LINK REMOVED
    ***400 Download in 2 days and 7 thanks on OP ???
    Do the thanks button has a cost ???

Please press it to support research !!

:highfive:
    I just went ahead and tested the stock camera app and the one ported from the Pixel... There are very minor differences - images tend to be slightly cooler with the pixel camera and with a higher iso.
    You guy see this... @xdadevelopers: Google Camera v4.2 from the Pixel is now available for Nexus (7.0+) devices! https://t.co/NKcB5AzRRb https://t.co/HhuHl50GUC

Works for me

Sent from my Nexus 6P
    No This one was directly extracted from Pixel XL system dump :)

Is this the apk that was found to have malware in it earlier today?

https://apkscan.nviso.be/report/show/31699fad73ffc47bc311df769d6f524f