[FLASHABLE_SCRIPT][UPDATED_ERRORS FIXED] Increase system space to 1.2/2GB [15/7/2017]

Search This thread

freeshared

Nov 22, 2016
-By following this you can can increase /system space from default 800MB to 1.2GB/2GB
-You can flash gapps on CM ROMs without insufficient space issue.
-You can flash regular MIUI ROMs too,without any issue

Statutory warning

*Repartition can kill your phone forever if anything goes wrong,so proceed with caution (and make sure you have at least 30% battery)
*This process would format your internal sdcard,backup its contents
*I'm not responsible If your phone dies during this procedure under any circumstances beyond control

Prerequisites:

1)Redmi 1s partition script_system space 1.2GB.zip/2GB.zip
2)Parted
3)Twrp v3.0.2-1.zip
4)Download and copy all these files to external sdcard

Procedure:

1)Flash Twrp recovery(incase if aren't already using it).
2)Boot in to Twrp--->Advanced--->File manager--->Browse to the location of file "parted"--->Select "parted"--->Copy File--->/sbin.
3)Now using Twrp File manager browse /sbin--->parted--->select parted--->chmod 755.
4)You can also use "aroma file manager" instead of Twrp file manager for copying "parted" to "/sbin" and changing it's permissions to 755.
5)In Twrp flash "Redmi 1s partition script_system space 1.2GB.zip/2GB.zip" and wait for the script to finish execution(recovery will reboot automatically once this process finishes).
6)In Twrp--->Wipe--->Advanced wipe--->Mark in "Dalvik/ART Cache"__"Cache"__"System"__"Data"__"Internal Storage"--->Swipe to wipe.
7)Reboot recovery.
8)Install your ROM(don't flash gapps now).
9)Back again to Twrp start screen select "Wipe"-->Advanced wipe-->select/mark "System"-->press "Repair or change file system(notice that size hasn't increased to 1.2GB/2GB)-->Resize file system.
10)Back(though size of partition appears unchanged, its actually increased to 1.2GB)-->Back>select/mark"System"-->Repair or change file system-->Notice size of partition increased.
10)Back to Twrp start screen and flash gapps,that's it.

Reset to default partition:

1)I am also giving link for flashabe script file "Reset to default partition.zip" for restoring default partition sizes.
2)Boot in to Twrp--->Advanced--->File manager--->Browse to the location of file "parted"--->Select "parted"--->Copy File--->/sbin.
3)Now using Twrp File manager browse /sbin--->parted--->select parted--->chmod 755.
4)You can also use "aroma file manager" instead of Twrp file manage for copying "parted" to "/sbin" and changing it's permissions to 755.
5)In Twrp flash "Reset to default partition.zip" and wait for the script to finish execution(recovery will reboot automatically once this process finishes).
6)In Twrp--->Wipe--->Advanced wipe--->Mark in "Dalvik/ART Cache"__"Cache"__"System"__"Data"__"Internal Storage"--->Swipe to wipe.
7)Reboot recovery.
8)that's it you are back to default partition.

PS:

1.Need for "Resizing System partition"(step 9) comes only with CM14.1(haven't tried other CM versions or other custom roms) no need to do that if you are flasing MIUI ROMs(i,e you can skip step 9 if you are flashing MIUI ROMs)

2.If you still need more System space or want to further modify partition table(only if you know what you are doing),you can edit "update-binary" file inside the zip as per your needs.

Credits:

1)forumber2_ Samsung Galaxy S III.
2)slst_for his valuable input.
3)owaisnaim & fefifofum Twrp for redmi 1s.

Downloads:

1)parted:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IU05yLVc2Mk9uOEk

2)Repartition script Redmi 1s_1.2GB system space:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IRkJFZzAtMjZEa2s

3)Repartition script Redmi 1s_2GB system space:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IRXlDZUU1cEJ3Smc

4)Reset to default partition:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IeGtXb0liazdLWVk

5)TWRP 3.0.2-1.zip:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IdzFHXzdfNXVCYm8

Last edited:

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City
Great tutorial! Have a some questions:

1. After successfully doing this, If I decided to full clean wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, internal storage, and format data, the size will be reset? Do I need to do all the steps again?

2. If I decided to go back in default partition size I just flash that to reset all the steps? Or there will be a steps to reset all I've done?

Thank you.

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

rk2shashank

Aug 24, 2013
Delhi

1. After successfully doing this, If I decided to full clean wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, internal storage, and format data, the size will be reset? Do I need to do all the steps again?

2. If I decided to go back in default partition size I just flash that to reset all the steps? Or there will be a steps to reset all I've done?

Thank you.

no you just have to go to
wipe >mark on system>click repartition

go back you can see system size 1.2gb

freeshared

Nov 22, 2016

Thank you.

1.You can do all the wiping as usual, size of partition wil stay as it is and won't get reset,but if you're flashing current version of cm14.1 again you need to resize "System" partition before flashing gapps.

2.You additionally need to change "System" partition too to F2FS and than to EXT4(like you do with "Data" partition),in case you're going back to default partition.

I forgot to mention point 2 in OP,I will now add this there

Reactions: vhick

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City
and whats the size of userdata and cache partition ?
Based upon the scenario, the only concern is the system partition coz newer or update partition is too large. Cache partition is ok because it only use as a temp file partition. The userdata partition is large as internal storage because it shared as the same partition. That is the good thing at xiaomi phones, data partition is large as long as you have space in internal storage.

Reactions: vinayak.ghimire
Dec 27, 2014
Thanks for the script. It will help us a lot in now and in future also.
I know, i am asking too much. I bet we all are from developers but I will be very glad if you can provide me link of flashable file of TWRP and philz recovery 6.55.
Thanks Loads.

Reactions: naraykln01

Apoorv_Pandey_

Feb 20, 2015
Sirsa
Here is screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161201-192158.png
    Screenshot_20161201-192158.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 961

sharathe100111

Sep 26, 2016
ASUS ROG Phone II
Guys please help me:

Today morning I reparationed my Redmi 1s as the Op said. it went successful. after using for 5hours I've found an update from CM. So I updated using CM UPDATER APP. after reboot I've lost my Google play store and Google app (after updating to todays CM update using CM UPDATER APP). When I went to see the system partition size, it's size went back to the default 782mb (around 782mb, I don't remember exact size).

I checked whether it is disabled or what in apps. But I can't find there also. I tried Show system apps and reset app preferences, but nothing showed them.

I tried to get them back (play store and Google app) by resizing the partition to 1.2 gb (wipe>advanced wipe> Mark system>change or resize partition>back> checked system partition size whether 1.2gb or not>wipe cache and dalvik cache> reboot to system). But nothing worked.

So please help me in getting them back. Please exclude solution such as factory reset or flash gaggs again.

Is anybody else also facing the same issue or it's just me?:crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

sharathe100111

Sep 26, 2016
ASUS ROG Phone II
1.You can do all the wiping as usual, size of partition wil stay as it is and won't get reset,but if you're flashing current version of cm14.1 again you need to resize "System" partition before flashing gapps.

2.You additionally need to change "System" partition too to F2FS and than to EXT4(like you do with "Data" partition),in case you're going back to default partition.

I forgot to mention point 2 in OP,I will now add this there

please give detailed instructions to get back to default partition as i am not anymore able to flash any rom on my device. Sometimes it strucks at patching system image unconditionally and sometimes shows error 7 in twrp. And not even being able flash using adb sideload. Please give detailed instructions to revert back to default partition

Reactions: zxaryo

freeshared

Nov 22, 2016
please give detailed instructions to get back to default partition as i am not anymore able to flash any rom on my device. Sometimes it strucks at patching system image unconditionally and sometimes shows error 7 in twrp. And not even being able flash using adb sideload. Please give detailed instructions to revert back to default partition

1)Detailed instructions for returning back to default partitions are given in op under the sub header "PPS", nothing more to add to it,just follow as it is.

2)I myself havent faced any issues till now iam currently on cm14.1 6-12-2016 version

3)Saw your posts on cm41.1 thread too,so you're on latest twrp
but still facing error 7,If possible post a screenshot of error 7(coz it never happed for me)

4)coming to the issue at hand,could you able to mount cache,system and data partitions.In twrp go to wipe>>advanced wipe>>select "cache">>Repair/change filesystem and see if everything(regarding partition size)is ok there.
Then do same for system and data too and check how are those partitions,if possible post screenshots.
Post your relpy as soon as possible.

sharathe100111

Sep 26, 2016
ASUS ROG Phone II
1)Detailed instructions for returning back to default partitions are given in op under the sub header "PPS", nothing more to add to it,just follow as it is.

2)I myself havent faced any issues till now iam currently on cm14.1 6-12-2016 version

3)Saw your posts on cm41.1 thread too,so you're on latest twrp
but still facing error 7,If possible post a screenshot of error 7(coz it never happed for me)

4)coming to the issue at hand,could you able to mount cache,system and data partitions.In twrp go to wipe>>advanced wipe>>select "cache">>Repair/change filesystem and see if everything(regarding partition size)is ok there.
Then do same for system and data too and check how are those partitions,if possible post screenshots.
Post your relpy as soon as possible.

Thank you brother for your reply. Now i am on miui as i am not being able to go to CM14 anymore. But i can flash CM11. (it seems i can use only kitkat).

Here are the screenshots: for MOUNT, ADVANCED WIPE, CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA. And problem struck on patching system image unconditionally

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-26-54.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-26-54.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 543
  • Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-11.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 525
  • Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-20.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-30.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-14-21-27-39.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -By following this you can can increase /system space from default 800MB to 1.2GB/2GB
    -You can flash gapps on CM ROMs without insufficient space issue.
    -You can flash regular MIUI ROMs too,without any issue

Statutory warning

*Repartition can kill your phone forever if anything goes wrong,so proceed with caution (and make sure you have at least 30% battery)
    *This process would format your internal sdcard,backup its contents
    *I'm not responsible If your phone dies during this procedure under any circumstances beyond control

Prerequisites:

1)Redmi 1s partition script_system space 1.2GB.zip/2GB.zip
    2)Parted
    3)Twrp v3.0.2-1.zip
    4)Download and copy all these files to external sdcard

Procedure:

1)Flash Twrp recovery(incase if aren't already using it).
    4)You can also use "aroma file manager" instead of Twrp file manager for copying "parted" to "/sbin" and changing it's permissions to 755.
    5)In Twrp flash "Redmi 1s partition script_system space 1.2GB.zip/2GB.zip" and wait for the script to finish execution(recovery will reboot automatically once this process finishes).
    7)Reboot recovery.
    8)Install your ROM(don't flash gapps now).
    9)Back again to Twrp start screen select "Wipe"-->Advanced wipe-->select/mark "System"-->press "Repair or change file system(notice that size hasn't increased to 1.2GB/2GB)-->Resize file system.
    10)Back(though size of partition appears unchanged, its actually increased to 1.2GB)-->Back>select/mark"System"-->Repair or change file system-->Notice size of partition increased.
    10)Back to Twrp start screen and flash gapps,that's it.

Reset to default partition:

1)I am also giving link for flashabe script file "Reset to default partition.zip" for restoring default partition sizes.
    4)You can also use "aroma file manager" instead of Twrp file manage for copying "parted" to "/sbin" and changing it's permissions to 755.
    5)In Twrp flash "Reset to default partition.zip" and wait for the script to finish execution(recovery will reboot automatically once this process finishes).
    7)Reboot recovery.
    8)that's it you are back to default partition.

PS:

1.Need for "Resizing System partition"(step 9) comes only with CM14.1(haven't tried other CM versions or other custom roms) no need to do that if you are flasing MIUI ROMs(i,e you can skip step 9 if you are flashing MIUI ROMs)

2.If you still need more System space or want to further modify partition table(only if you know what you are doing),you can edit "update-binary" file inside the zip as per your needs.

Credits:

1)forumber2_ Samsung Galaxy S III.
    2)slst_for his valuable input.
    3)owaisnaim & fefifofum Twrp for redmi 1s.

Downloads:

1)parted:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IU05yLVc2Mk9uOEk

2)Repartition script Redmi 1s_1.2GB system space:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IRkJFZzAtMjZEa2s

3)Repartition script Redmi 1s_2GB system space:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IRXlDZUU1cEJ3Smc

4)Reset to default partition:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IeGtXb0liazdLWVk

5)TWRP 3.0.2-1.zip:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_hhjS3nx4IdzFHXzdfNXVCYm8
    for those who mess up with error mount cache and can't instal any zip even mi flash end up with partition table error
    here the solution

1. flash cwm using fastboot (download from attachment)
    2. download restore partition script and twrp from OP, copy to external sdcard (because cwm can only instal from external sdcard)
    3. boot into cwm wipe (ignore errror) and instal restore partition script.zip it will reboot recovery again and no more error
    4. next instal twrp.zip after success reboot recovery again
    5. now u can instal rom with twrp or mi flash :D

if you still want 1,2 gb system try this guide, i have test it no error cache
    http://en.miui.com/thread-183258-1-1.html
    and whats the size of userdata and cache partition ?

Install diskinfo app and check
    Honorable forum members,
    i can't explain my problem more detailed than this and attached logs and screenshots
    I am having a problem with my redmi 1s since 4 days (reporting daily to everybody and every thread i know, Now i came to some conclusion *from my point of view*) i.e., System partition size reduced ( due to "My fault" of trying to expand system storage). Now i can't flash any custom rom on my phone. (Except CM11). I'm getting an error, i.e.,

Buddy I understand your problem and feel your pain,I will try my best to solve it.
    You didn't answered the first point I asked in your previous relply I,e
    1)looking at your screenshot,your system partition size is showing default size,did you reverted back to default partition table or you are still on 1.2gb script but system space reduced during flashing of cm ROM or miui 8 rom?

Now I'm glad that you shed some light on it,in this lengthy post.

And once again coming back to the current problem,
    I myself will return back to default partition table and try to flash cm 14.1 and see what happes and inform you abt it.
    download link includes all files packaged zip Redmi 1s common